1999-12-31 - Essential Mix #16 - Judge Jules, Live from Gatecrasher, Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield

Gregg

1999-12-31 - Essential Mix #16 - Judge Jules, Live from Gatecrasher, Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield

View File

BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix with Judge Jules

Friday, 31st December 1999

Live from Gatecrasher, Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield

01. Cygnus X - 'The Orange Theme' (Bervoets & De Goeij Mix) [Free For All]

02. Rank One - 'Airwave' (Rank 1 vs. Dutch Force Remix) [Manifesto]

03. Ariel - 'A9' [Essential]

04. Hi-Gate - 'Pitchin' (In Every Direction)' [Incentive]

05. Hi-Gate - 'Caned & Unable' [Incentive]

06. The Clergy - 'Saints & Sinners' (Saints Mix) [M:Bargo]

07. Transa - 'Supanova' [UG]

08. Dial 'M' For Moguai - 'Beatbox' (Knuckleheadz Mix) [Logic]

09. NRG - 'Never Lost His Hardcore' (Floorplay's 'Mobile Bitch' Remix) [Banana]

10. Starparty - 'I'm In Love' (Ferry Corsten & Robert Smit Remix) [Incentive]

11. Y Traxx - 'Mystery Land' (HHC Remix) [FFRR]

12. Singles & Angles - 'Submerge' (Trance Mix) [good:as]

13. Soulsearcher vs. Apollo 440 (Rejected EP) - 'Can't Get Enough' [white label]

14. Da Hool - 'Meet Her At The Love Parade' (Nalin & Kane Mix) [Manifesto]

15. Fragma - 'Toca Me' (In Petto Mix) [Positiva]

16. X-Cabs - 'Neuro 99' (99 Mix) [Hook]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an awesome tracklist. Someone on here supplied it a couple of years ago (or similar). It goes a bit wonky in a few places. Whether there were problems with the equipment or whether Jules was smashed I don't know. The start to 'Dial M for Moguai - Beatbox' is dodgy as. Doesn't the last track run out before he starts it? <_<

I remember this mix and feel sure l got it from this site.

I'll check it out as the tracklist looks familiar and if l remember correctly this was the first time l heard X Cabs "Neuro 99" a favourite of Tim's ;)

Edited by Chrissie Brown

• 3 weeks later...
This is an awesome tracklist. Someone on here supplied it a couple of years ago (or similar). It goes a bit wonky in a few places. Whether there were problems with the equipment or whether Jules was smashed I don't know. The start to 'Dial M for Moguai - Beatbox' is dodgy as. Doesn't the last track run out before he starts it? <_<

There were loads of problems with the audio that night, although that was the least of our complaints to crasher afterwards!

The sound went off there just like it did during Jules' set. One set of decks actually broke down while the Chemical Brothers were on earlier in the night! Good job 2 sets of decks were put up really!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

01. Cygnus X - 'The Orange Theme' (Bervoets & De Goeij Mix) [bonzai Classics]

02. Rank One - 'Airwave' (Rank 1 vs. Dutch Force Mix) [Manifesto]

03. Ariel - 'A9' [Essential]

04. Hi-Gate - 'Pitchin' (In Every Direction)' [incentive]

05. Hi-Gate - 'Caned & Unable' [incentive]

06. The Clergy - 'Saints & Sinners' (Saints Mix) [M:Bargo]

07. Transa - 'Supanova' [uG]

08. Dial 'M' For Moguai - 'Beatbox' (Knuckleheadz Mix) [Logic]

09. NRG - 'Never Lost His Hardcore' (Floorplay's 'Mobile Bitch' Remix) [Top Banana]

10. Starparty - 'I'm In Love' (Ferry Corsten & Robert Smit Mix) [incentive]

11. Y Traxx - 'Mystery Land' (HHC Remix) [FFRR]

12. Singles & Angles - 'Submerge' (Trance Mix) [Good:As]

13. Unknown - 'Just Can't Get Enough' (White Label)

14. Da Hool - 'Meet Her At The Love Parade' (Nalin & Kane Mix) [Manifesto]

15. Fragma - 'Toca Me' (In Petto Mix) [Positiva]

16. X-Cabs - 'Neuro 99' (99 Mix) [Hook]

Update

Any chance of a discogs.com entry for #13 then Jacey B? I was never fully convinced of Lange's sound in it anyway!

Cheers

Lange did do a remix of this track, but this is definitely the original bootleg using the 'Soulsearcher' vocals that Jules was spinning way before it got its full release in 2001.

I never did like the later Taka Boom vocals, I was used to hearing the bootleg version. A bit like when 'Tomcraft - Lonliness' got it's proper release and that had someone else singing the vocals, it really bugs me.

God I'm sad. :lol:

I reckon its Soulsearcher vs. ??? - Just Can't Get Enough

Lange did do a remix of this track, but this is definitely the original bootleg using the 'Soulsearcher' vocals that Jules was spinning way before it got its full release in 2001.

I never did like the later Taka Boom vocals, I was used to hearing the bootleg version. A bit like when 'Tomcraft - Lonliness' got it's proper release and that had someone else singing the vocals, it really bugs me.

God I'm sad. :lol:

I reckon its Soulsearcher vs. ??? - Just Can't Get Enough

Right. If you're correct about the vocals then, this must be a bootleg pressing that preceded what eventually became officially released as the Eye To Eye track (feat Taka Boom)

This is a bit like the situation a few years ago with a bootleg that was flying around in 2003/4 of U2's "With Or Without You", which had Whitney Houston vocals flung on the top - later it came out as LMC vs U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above, I think it was Rachel McFarlane who re-did the vocals but it never quite captured the original magic of the original bootleg.

Right. If you're correct about the vocals then, this must be a bootleg pressing that preceded what eventually became officially released as the Eye To Eye track (feat Taka Boom)

...but it never quite captured the original magic of the original bootleg.

I felt the exact same way about the 'Members Of Mayday vs. Superchumbo - 10 Revolutions In 01' when it got the official release it was with other vocals that sounded crap :(

I have seen Jules spin the original bootleg in 2002 when he guested Denmark... it was the tune of the night for me.. instantly fell in love with it :)

This is a bit like the situation a few years ago with a bootleg that was flying around in 2003/4 of U2's "With Or Without You", which had Whitney Houston vocals flung on the top - later it came out as LMC vs U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above, I think it was Rachel McFarlane who re-did the vocals but it never quite captured the original magic of the original bootleg.

Good shout, Tim. The 'original' with Whitney's vocals was far better than the commercial tripe that charted.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure myself actually Jacey B, can anyone shed some light? :)

I have this as a white label. It has "Rejected EP" stamped on one side and the run-outs have been scratched out. So i'd amend the tracklisting to simply "Rejected EP - Soulsearcher vs. Apollo 440" or something like that.

The two tracks used in this mashup are Soulsearcher "I Just Can't Get Enough" (Accapella) over the top of Apollo 440 "Stop The Rock" (Gigolo's Stop The Jock Remix). It was made by Stuart Crichton of Narcotic Thrust fame. I remember reading in Mixmag around 2000 time when he made it and they interviewed him. He said all he did was buy a defected records accapella vinyl and literally threw the vocals over trance tracks.

The b side has Powerhouse "What You Need" (Accapella) over the top of Humate "Love Stimulation". Good piece of vinyl, and as ever, the original bootleg is ALWAYS better.