View File

BBC Radio 1

Friday, 2nd June, 2000

9.00pm - 11.00pm

Live from Naughty But Nice, The Crystal Rooms, Hereford

01. Lil Louis vs Josh Wink - 'French Kiss (How's Your Evening So Far?)' [FFRR]

02. Hi-Gate - 'We're Gonna Work It Out' [incentive]

03. Stretch & Vern - 'That Sound' (Nick Sentience Remix) [spot On]

04. Wicked Phunker - 'Jungle Boogie' (Black Legend vs J-Reverse Club Mix) [Rise]

05. Rejuvination - 'Requiem' (Sharam Jey Part 1 Mix) [Waqt]

06. Hi-Gate - 'Voices' (Schitzophrenic Mix) [incentive]

07. Karin De Ponti - 'Hypnobounce' (Jasmin Mix) [Nukleuz]

08. Pale-X - 'Nitro' [Nukleuz]

09. Perfect Phase - 'Goal!!!' [2 Play]

10. Michael Jackson - 'Billie Jean' (Unknown Mix) [white label]

11. Floorgasm - 'Have A Nice Day' [Closet]

12. Darude vs. OnePhatDeeva - 'La Rude Diva' [white label]

13. Jonah - 'Sssh…. Listen' (Pants &Corset Mix) [VC]

14. A.M.P - 'You've Got To Believe In Something' [Pure]

15. Cygnus X - 'Superstring' (Rank One Mix) [Free For All]

16. Marc Et Claude - 'I Need Your Lovin' (Dark Moon Mix (Complete Vocals)) [Club Tools]

17. Lightforce - 'Join Me' (Club Mix) [DOS Or Die]

18. Franchino - '999' [Nukleuz]

19. Lisa Pin Up - 'Future Acid House' (Flickman Mix) [Nukleuz]

20. Kayestone - 'Atmosphere' (Kayestone Re-Con Mix) [Distinct'ive]

21. Angelic - 'It's My Turn' [serious]

awesome!! i had this set on my MD player for ages which i listened to all the time.. i always wanted to know what the track after Pale-X was... It always reminded me of seaside arcade machines.. like the camel racing games where you have to roll a ball up a slope into holes with different numerical values - the higher th number the further yours moves.. anyway..

a couple of ammendments to the tracklisting i noticed:

06. Hi-Gate - 'Voices' (Schitzophrenic Mix) [incentive]

07. Karin De Ponti - 'Hypnobounce' (Jasmin Mix) [Nukleuz]

08. Pale-X - Nitro [Nukleuz]

13. Jonah - 'Sssh…. Listen' (Pants and Corset Mix)[VC]

Edited by Neuro

ahhh very good find Mr Fuzzy Logic. I tell thee, there's some great atmosphere in that main room...just listen to it! That is one up for it crowd. Some good tunes on here...my favourite being the old Wicked Phunker - Jungle Boogie (Black Legend Mix). There was a Black Legend Vocal mix flying around on promo at the time which was even better, i never could get hold of it though so i settled for the dub mix which i have. That was when Robbie Rivera did make some seriously good house track/remixes. Then he went all tribal.

Also listen to this type of funky/filtered house...how much better does it sound compared to the electro stuff of today?

Marc Et Claude "Loving You" (Dark Moon Mix) also brings back some poignant memories.

Jules displays some damn fine mixing here too. The type that help make his name. Very fluid and with a nice flow. A very good post from the Fuzzy one. Definitely download this one.

Oh and one other thing, listening to jules mix on here do you get the feeling he finds it easier/prefers mixing with vinyl than he does CDJ's?

Edited by Moonman

Cheers for tracklisting correction, Bravestarr! Will correct on main website and the download entry today.

Also listen to this type of funky/filtered house...how much better does it sound compared to the electro stuff of today?

Couldn't agree more! :mrgreen:

I must admit i like a lot of the electro stuff going around these days... Deadmau5, Hervé, GhettoRuckus, The Toxic Avenger... experimental stuff like that..

On the other hand, i'm getting a bit tired of the whole Chris Lake, Prydz, Axwell and Sebastian Leger stuff...

I got very tired of the whole funky/filtered house back in 2002 or so... it was just when it boomed here in Denmark. Which it did very late compared to the UK+World.

The danish national radio took Trance and Hard House of the air, and made the friday/saturday night shows 100% funky house... with a tad of deep house once a month or so. That was boring as hell in the long run and it lasted quite a few years. When 'Mason - Exceeder' came, the whole electro wave started, and after a year or so, it evolved from the commercial stuff to a more experimental and underground sound, which.. mixed with classics and good commercial stuff from today, is what can make a good night out. For me anyway :)

With that said, i would love to hear dj's play more classic tunes out.. instead of only one kind of style and ONLY upfront tunes.

After a while with this electro wave, i think it'll evolve into a completely new style... or adapt into a combination of old and new.

Bravestarr: your additions to the TL is very much appreciated, thanks!

Few corrections:

03. Stretch & Vern - That Sound (Nick Sentience Remix) [spot On]

05. Rejuvination - Requiem (the remixes) (i will have to listen to see which mix) [Waqt Recordings]

11. Floorgasm - 'Have A Nice Day' [Closet Recordings]

Also 16. Marc Et Claude - 'I Need Your Lovin' [Positiva] isnt the Dark Moon remix, well not the one i have, the Dark moon version i have was Hammered by Jules and came out on Alphabet City, not unless there were 2 different Dark moon mixes?

Edited by Neuro

Also 16. Marc Et Claude - 'I Need Your Lovin' [Positiva] isnt the Dark Moon remix, well not the one i have, the Dark moon version i have was Hammered by Jules and came out on Alphabet City, not unless there were 2 different Dark moon mixes?

This mix was definitely always labelled the Dark Moon mix, so it would be interesting to hear what the difference is between that and your copy - maybe it was an earlier version?? I have neither version so I can't check...

And Jules' new vocal version of Angelic is either badly pressed or has a massive scratch on it... bet he had fun mixing out of that!

Updated with those splendid corrections!

Chris: are you using a browser other than MS Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Both browsers are capable of translating the spaces in the filenames, so they download correct. (FF 2.x and IE 7.x)

It looks to me like theres a problem with exactly those spaces in the filenames and the browser you're using, as the error you got didn't show the full filename.

If you have any problems that the files automatically opens in Realplayer/Quicktime/Media Player, you can right click the file and choose 'Save Target As', to download it.

Hope this helps, if not, let me know what browser you're using, and when exactly you tried downloading a file (i can then examine the error-log of my server).

Edited by FuzzY-LogiC

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another set ive got on tape somewhere - although I only had last 90 minutes. Thanks for this one guys as always.

Interesting those comments about the Dark Moon mix of Marc et Claude - I Need Your Lovin. I have this mix on Alphabet City and Im sure its the one he plays in this set - I never heard Jules play any other mix of it. He did seem to play a version of the Dark moon mix with a longer intro than the one I have - the bit with the piano and vocal at the begining before the beats come in. Im not sure if that one ever got released but apart from that slight difference the rest of the track is the same mix Im sure.

Ok Marc et Claude - I Need Your Lovin (Dark Moon Mix)

As I mentioned before the only difference in this and the version I have on Alphabet City is that the very start of the intro has an extra bit.

The Line: Change your heart, look around you... etc is not in the version I have.

Mine simply has the piano then the line, I need your lovin... like the sunshine... then the first beat drops.

I would guess that moonman has got confused between "I need your lovin" and "lovin you"

The tune in this set is "I need your lovin" which is a really good tune (the Dark Moon Remix). My comments earlier in the thread were referring to 2 slightly different issues of the Dark Moon mix... one which contains a couple of extra lines. Fuzzy has kindly cleared up that confusion for me.

"Lovin You" was another release by Marc et Claude I think around a year later but maybe longer. Personally I thought this was awful but I think the version Jules played was the "Ratty Remix". I cant say I ever heard any of the other versions.

Edited by Tremor

I would guess that moonman has got confused between "I need your lovin" and "lovin you"

The tune in this set is "I need your lovin" which is a really good tune (the Dark Moon Remix). My comments earlier in the thread were referring to 2 slightly different issues of the Dark Moon mix... one which contains a couple of extra lines. Fuzzy has kindly cleared up that confusion for me.

"Lovin You" was another release by Marc et Claude I think around a year later but maybe longer. Personally I thought this was awful but I think the version Jules played was the "Ratty Remix". I cant say I ever heard any of the other versions.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought, and I hate that bloody record in all shapes and forms, mainly because the minute it is mentioned it's there stuck in my bloomin' head for the rest of the day and night no matter what. In fact right now I have that ridiculously high pitched "oooh oooh oooh oooh oooooooh" in my head!!! AAAARGH!!!

I knew there was another reason i hated Marc et Claude, I need your loving was fine before they mullered it tbh!

Edited by Number 2 fan