scotland

Craig

im sure you all join me and support scotland on sat on one of thee biggest games this country has ever seen!!!! its a mammoth game basically winner takes all and qualification to euro 2008 next yr!! :)

mon the scots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

italy is slightly tough tho :( the world bloody champions no less!!

we can do it!!! c'moooooooooooooooon

^ I'm in agreement ^

I want Scotland to qualify as they deserve it. Just to prove that I honestly think that England won't qualify and they certainly don't deserve to qualify. I was reading an interview with McClarren on the FA website today. He's planned a host of changes during the game tonight to see how a number of players will perform. He was talking about players like Ashley Young & David Betnley (as it was spelt on his shirt during the Manyoo game) getting a run-out. Surely he wouldn't play them in the Wednesday game. Much to big an occasion (considering Russia loose on Sat) to bring inexperienced players on.

What I don't understand is the talk of being short in defence. Why we can't play Wes Brown at right back and Richards at centre back I don't know. Wes has been wicked for us this season. Ok he isn't as good going forward but Richards prefers centre back anyway??

Largely because of the fact that Scotland always wish failure upon England

Generally, that is true, but there are a few Scots that happily support England along.

I hope Scotland win tomorrow too, otherwise there will be some right moaning gits on Monday morning blaming everything from the ref to the weather to the Italians fouling frequently. (OK, so that last point may be a valid one!!)

Craig, I bet you're devastated! Bet you love Spanish referees now ;)

In all fairness though, I think Scotland's let-down throughout the stages was their defending; they let in far too many goals and if it was perhaps tighter, more results would have gone their way instead of going to the wire and losing.

I found it amusing that Croatia managed to lose 2-0 to Macedonia, but with Israel's win it now opens up the possibility of England winning the group!

Yeah a total turn around in fortunes for England. I didn't see the game but had Sky Sports News on in the background. In all fairness, Israel have a brilliant record at home and I think a lot of the English negativity about their chances was because of post-Russia dissapointment. The second Israel goal made Russia look s***. The defenders were so high up the field that it only took a couple of passes before the Israel forwards were on goal.

Croatia at home still isn't an easy game but as we only need a draw to qualify, we should still do the business.

It'll be interesting to see how we line up for the game. Crouch is a must for me.

gutted!!!!! :( spanish bastard ref !!!!! never a free kick to italy, but in hindsight france would have beaten ukraine anyway so it really was always gonna be italy and france to qualify..the country has done itself proud.. and tim.. would conceded very few goals in this group our defence hows been our stronger point!!

back to the point that scots like english failure..YES but only due to the f***in english smug media and pundits!!!! thats why!!

but i think you'ill qualify now.

spanish bastard ref !!!!!

;)

Quite a turn-around weekend really and very unexpected. We didn't book a taxi early enough so didn't get out til after half time, only to be turned away from 3 pubs near us because they were full!! Even one of them, when I opened the door, 5 people almost fell out, because it was so full!!

Eventually got to O'Neills in town, just after the game had finished :( And the fight in there shortly after the game finished far outweighed the Campus one a few weeks back. Only 2 bouncers that had no chance of breaking it up. Chairs being hurled over heads, fists flying everywhere, girls crying and eventually 5 vans full of PC Plods to sort it out, by which time we'd made a hasty exit!

Eventually I heard about the Israel game and was shocked....bring on Wednesday.

And the fight in there shortly after the game finished far outweighed the Campus one a few weeks back. Only 2 bouncers that had no chance of breaking it up. Chairs being hurled over heads, fists flying everywhere, girls crying and eventually 5 vans full of PC Plods to sort it out, by which time we'd made a hasty exit!

lol Steve - was it anything like this........

(Bond bar fight in Licence to Kill... one of my favourites!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Another National side looking for a manager. Quite shocked that McLeish has left his national side for a premiership club. It seems to me that there isn't much pride left in managing your national side. Its not as if many peepole are putting themselves in line for the England job either. I blame the media for a lot of it.

• 2 weeks later...

No. At least they're doing it with some dignity though, unlike the FA. I can't see a standout candidate myself but I have a feeling Scotland will stay 'in house' rather than us, who seem to be scouting worldwide.

You can see all the names tha are to be tossed about i.e. Davis, Souness et al.

Archived