View File

BBC Radio 1

Friday, 5th November 1999

9:00pm - 11:00pm

01. The Space Brothers - 'Shine 2000' (Commie Mix) [Manifesto]

02. Wamdue Project - 'King of My Castle' (Armin Mix) [AM:PM]

03. Progress feat. Boy Wunda - 'Everybody' (Yomanda Mix) [Manifesto]

04. William Orbit - 'Barbers Adagio For Strings' (Ferry Corsten Mix) [WEA]

05. Night Flight - 'Shake It Up' (Pierre J's Funked Up Remix) [Rosenborg Entertainment Inc]

06. Flickman - 'Sound Of Bamboo' [i Am]

07. Twice As Nice - 'Overture' (Rocking With) [Huma Stemra]

08. Britallics - 'Got To Be Real' (Dino Millenny Dub) [Rosenberg Entertainment Inc]

09. Junior Jack - 'My Feeling' [PIAS]

10. The Clergy - 'Saints & Sinners' (Saints Mix) [M-Bargo]

11. Perfect Phase - 'Horny Horns' (Joe Fandango Remix) [Positiva]

12. DJ Scot Project - 'U (I Got A Feeling)' (V-Mix) [Overdose]

13. Hi-Gate - 'Pitchin' (Celine Diablo Mix) [incentive]

14. GD - 'Choral Reef' [iDJ]

15. TDN - 'Why' [3345]

16. Southsugar - 'Sugar (Oh Sheila)' (2 Phunky People Remix) [Club Tools]

17. Spoiled & Zigo - 'More & More' [Free For All]

Half-hour Mix

18. Singles & Angles - 'Submerge' (Trance Mix) [Liquid]

19. Unknown - 'Power Surge' [white label]

20. Fridge - 'Angel' [Orbit]

21. Conductor & The Cowboy - 'Feeling This Way' [serious]

22. Beyond - 'Still Dream' [Conception Artist Management]

23. Digger - 'Church Of Ra' (Episode I) [Casa Nostra]

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/05/2007
  • Category

• Like 1

This'll be another one of my tapes... please can you change the file submitter Tim?

Thanks for posting it Fuzzy :) Hope you guys enjoy it.

By the way, PLEASE someone ID track number 8, its f***ing wicked. Such a great house track.

Edited by Neuro

• 2 months later...

Agree entirely with you, this is a storming show in my opinion from the good old days,

Just look at the half hour mix, one of my favorite Jules half hour mixes of all time!!!

Half-hour Mix

18. Singles & Angles - 'Submerge' (Trance Mix) [Liquid]

19. Unknown - 'Powersurge' [white label]

20. Fridge - 'Angel' [Orbit]

21. Conductor & The Cowboy - 'Feeling This Way' [serious]

22. Beyond - 'Still Dream' [Conception Artist Management]

23. Digger - 'Church Of Ra' (Episode I) [Casa Nostra]

Ridiculous really. It's 8 years on and we're still raving about it... it's something that cannot be repeated!

For those listening for the first time to this stuff, it's kind of lost it's original significance, but surely one can still appreciate the sterling quality of music at this time, and this is what the Archives on this website are all about - making sure people don't forget, despite what they think of today's dance scene.

• 1 month later...
Ridiculous really. It's 8 years on and we're still raving about it... it's something that cannot be repeated!

For those listening for the first time to this stuff, it's kind of lost it's original significance, but surely one can still appreciate the sterling quality of music at this time, and this is what the Archives on this website are all about - making sure people don't forget, despite what they think of today's dance scene.

I will never tire of the sets from this period, despite listening to them everyday!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I dunno, is that a new thing to me or not, I just go thru JJ audio looking for dates I'll like. :huh:

Sometimes I think it must be nice to be thick but then I realise i am and it's only nice if you don't know how thick you are!!! <_<

This is a particularly good one though isn't it. This was the time I was begging people to come out and see Jules with me.

Edited by Number 2 fan

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

oh yes.....love it....and I've ..ermmmm....recognised unnamed tracks on my tapes....GD - Choral Reef and the Digger track! :redface: ...well I'm not on the case all time and to have just 'instrumental' scrawled in my track descriptions isn't too helpful.......but it's a well good show!!! :thumbsup:

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 2:10 PM, Spin Doctor said:

One of the best recordings in this archive. Some iconic tunes here which encapsulate Jules in this era.

100%....Jules was untouchable towards the end of 99', which leads on to Clubbers guide to 2000. Disc 2 is still one of my all time favourites. A proper nostalgia trip.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:07 AM, blakeface said:

100%....Jules was untouchable towards the end of 99', which leads on to Clubbers guide to 2000. Disc 2 is still one of my all time favourites. A proper nostalgia trip.

That is unquestionably one of Jules' best ever CD mixes.

It's accessible but not cheesy. Diverse in genre but not disjointed. Selects underground cuts alongside commercial tones. Balances brighter moments with darker ones.

It really feels as if deep, intelligent artistic thought and had gone into crafting it. A simply perfect recording. If I had to sum up Jules (at his finest) with one mix CD this would be it.

And yet, after giving us something as artistically gratifying as this, somehow he'd go on to play hopeless acapellas in clubs and fake live streams.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...