"We'll have to wait and see"

bigsteve

I hate the term 'oh well'. It's such an admittance that things have gone tits up and that somebody can't be chuffed to sort it!

So true! Oh well, life goes on!

I use the term "to be fair" quite a lot for some reason. I blame Ron Atkinson - he used to say that all the time when commentating on the footy.

Talking of footy, I hate it when commentators say "That shot could have gone anywhere"! - It did, obviously - its gotta go somewhere! :huh:

They also say "that was a half chance"! - I don't get that. Its either chance or it isn't.

Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see if commentators change their style.... :P

They also say "that was a half chance"! - I don't get that. Its either chance or it isn't.

HAAH! This definately has something to do with a snookering term that has been invented over the last few years - shot to nothing :)

This is a good post, which reminds me of my post not so long ago about the thing that everyone seemed to say/use, OBVIOUSLY! GRRR!

A lot of the above saying resonate with me too because not only are they results of societies cultural language 'rub off' on us, but also sorta used to nicely & politely end a conversation, for example:

Person 1: blah blah blah,

Person 2: Oh yeah that was nuts!

Person 1: Ha, yeh, quality :) Nightmare though (in a sighing voice)

(or ha, yeh that's what they say, or that how it goes etc (in a sighing voice)).

Phrases, sayings that I recal over the years...

Honestly, the fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, I mean, Really? Ah well... (ETC ETC)

:thumbsup:

Women, generally, who higher the tone of their voice at the end of a sentence, as though its a question, but it isn't. :twisted:

Yanks do this as a matter of course. It really winds me up.

So basically to be fair that shot could have gone anywhere but these things happen but life goes on. Oh well. In theory that sentence irritates everybody posting on this topic!! :P Oh, F*@k me.... apart from Robin.

Sporting analysis is devoid of any logic, just ask Jamie 'week in week-out' Redknapp, or the inspirational Kevin Doyle who came out with the clanger...

'I'd love a home nations tournament every year, we could have quarter finals, semi finals & the final, it'd be great'

Yeh fantastic mate except you need 8 teams for a quarter final round & there are only four (possibly 5) home nations