1996-10-06 - Essential Mix #5 - Judge Jules, Studio Session

FuzzY-LogiC

Corrected track:

14. The Space Brothers - 'Shine' (Original) [Manifesto]

I have this promo double pack and it is:

C2.-The Space Brothers - Shine (Original)

Exactly this version played Judge Jules in his set :)

Thanks. Peter

• 6 months later...

He did this whole set @ Frisky @ Ministry in Nov 96 ... mental night. Jules used to start his sets then with a tune I've never heard anywhere else or got the name of. Very heavy tune with the vocal "wanna suck his cock" ... not my kind of line but thats what the sample was lol ... Jeremy Healy and Tony De Vit were with him in the Box (Main Room) Brandon Block and Alex P in the bar ... Ministry was a brilliant club in the early - late 90s. Some real ravers and total nutcases in that place! The Security were well known for being heavy handed with dealers and users ... I had to carry everyones stuff in one time as they were too chicken. I was in a toilet cubicle separating all the stuff when I realized there was someone watching me ... I looked up and a HUGE security guard was hanging over the top smiling at me ... I thought I was in trouble, but as luck would have he just said "Give me the Coke and we'll leave it at that ..." PHEW!

• Like 1

He did this whole set @ Frisky @ Ministry in Nov 96 ... mental night. Jules used to start his sets then with a tune I've never heard anywhere else or got the name of. Very heavy tune with the vocal "wanna suck his cock" ... not my kind of line but thats what the sample was lol ... Jeremy Healy and Tony De Vit were with him in the Box (Main Room) Brandon Block and Alex P in the bar ... Ministry was a brilliant club in the early - late 90s. Some real ravers and total nutcases in that place! The Security were well known for being heavy handed with dealers and users ... I had to carry everyones stuff in one time as they were too chicken. I was in a toilet cubicle separating all the stuff when I realized there was someone watching me ... I looked up and a HUGE security guard was hanging over the top smiling at me ... I thought I was in trouble, but as luck would have he just said "Give me the Coke and we'll leave it at that ..." PHEW!

I think I have that track with the explicit sample on vinyl.... not sure it's the right track though as you say you haven't heard it anywhere else... I'll see if I can find it and make a sample for you to check :)

Yeah, Jason is right. I have the vinyl of Love Tattoo ... (Cox used to drop it a lot in his sets in 99) The tune I speak of is really hard! Jules came in with it after Tony De Vit's very hard set @ the Dance Nation launch party in 97 and it ripped everyone up. One of the mixes I've done to upload here is the best I can to replicate that set, expect for the 5 tunes that were acetates and can't be found anywhere but Jules' vault. One of them was Luka - Luca? NY style dub. Its at the end of a short mix on that 97 Kiss FM show that is up here ... REALLY moody, heavy tune. Graham Gold used it a lot @ Peach as well ... never been able to find it on Wax.

Hello.

Has anybody some informations about these 2 titles please?

29. Animals By Night - 'Heaven'

30. Dex & Jonesey - 'Months Into Years'

I would like to buy them but i can't find them nowhere. I tried Discogs, Ebay....

Thank you very much :D. Peter

Hi Peter ... both are acetates that never came out officially ... been after them myself for years

Hello.

Has anybody some informations about these 2 titles please?

29. Animals By Night - 'Heaven'

30. Dex & Jonesey - 'Months Into Years'

I would like to buy them but i can't find them nowhere. I tried Discogs, Ebay....

Thank you very much :D. Peter

Hi Peter ... both are acetates that never came out officially ... been after them myself for years

Would be great to list them on Discogs. There is too many sellers. I would like to add them to my wantlist.

Maybe some djs, sellers has it for sale.

• 2 years later...

only info ive got from Jonesy  himself is

Dex & Jonesey - 'Months Into Years'

is in real 

B.B.E. - "Seven Days And One Week" (Dex & Jonesy Unreleased Remix) (Acetate)

the mix was refused by positiva and they took this what a shame.  just the vocals are the same