What we iz buying

JasonB

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The X-Cabs remix isn't bad in all fairness, but all the other remixes (including the James Holden & Joshua Ryan remixes) are a bit disappointing - it's the 99 Mix all the way!

Amusingly they made a typo on the Part 1 vinyl, calling the '99 Mix' (as stated on the front cover) "Neuro 99" again which would look a bit silly on a tracklisting :roll:

Kraftwerk "Minimum Maximum" 4X12" Box Set (EMI)

Queen "Live At The Bowl 1982" 3X12" (EMI)

VA "Back To Love 03.05 Sampler" 2X12" (Hed Kandi)

Roman Flugel "Gehts Nocht?" (Skint)

Good Charlotte "The Chronicles Of Life & Death" Orange 7" (Epic)

And a few freebies

Jhelisa "Friendly Pressure" (Dorado)

Depeche Mode "Ultra LP" (Mute)

Yeh they re-released 'Enjoy...' a few months back with some more rocky orientated mixes, and a Timo Maas remix. Can't beat the original though, absolutely amazing tune.

And as for my purchases...not a lot!

Arrived back from uni today, so could finally play Sourmash - 'Force of Habit' that HTFR screwed delivery with @ Easter. And also:

Jamiroquai- 'Feels Just like It Should' [sony] - Stunning Timo remix :)

Got my two fatkid tracks this weekend. Brilliant records, especially 'Feeling'.

Just about to order Scot Projects album 'A1'. Some top tunage from the harder side of the trance genre. I especially like the other mix of FM (Feeling me) entitled FM3. Should have released this on the original vinyl but never mind. :D

I aint heard 'voca me'. What track is that taken from??  

Yeah, where is it from?

The only track called "Voca Me" I know of was by Icon, a pumping instrumental trancer - Jules played it in early 1999 I think...

So maybe it samples that track then - although he normally uses a pun in the title.

Southern Sun was one of his best, but 'Be As One' was also very good, although how much additional production he actually did must have been minimal! It's such a classic, timeless track as it is.

There's no harm in revisiting these tracks with updated mixes. People are always going to moan (thats not a stab at you Jason, just a generalisation) and say that the original is best and shouldnt be messed with. In my opinion new remixes like fatkids are a bloody good excuse to give these superb tracks another battering. Not everyone is going to agree that classics should be updated. Greece 2000 (Marcel woods remix) is a brilliant example of such records. What a feckin amazing record and now you can play this old record in your sets again without being slated for having to rely on classics in their original state to make a good set.

I retract my previous comments!, was I dunno in wrong state of mind when posting, at least its better than the AATW crew scousing up System F! :o:lol:

Fatkid – ‘Be As One’ is quality, a version thats been needed for ages, the originals great n all but a bit too long and overblown really, as for Southern Sun, didn't like that as much.

Have cancelled th X-Cabs un and getting a refund-which cant happen untill the paymnets been made lol and then I get the dosh back! the fun of paypal.

Now I am on the hunt for the CORRECT 12! And I endever to get it under £15!

I cant decied weather or not to buy Fatkid-Be As One now!! itchy fingers!

Archived