1999-11-07- Essential Mix #14 - Judge Jules, Live from Sundissential's 3rd Birthday at Pulse, Birmingham

leeruffles

1999-11-07- Essential Mix #14 - Judge Jules, Live from Sundissential's 3rd Birthday at Pulse, Birmingham

View File

BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix with Judge Jules

Sunday, 7th November 1999

Live from Sundissential's 3rd Birthday at Pulse, Birmingham

01. Flickman - 'Sound Of Bamboo' [I Am]

02. Hi-Gate - 'Caned & Unable' [Incentive]

03. H (World Downfall Part I) - 'Landing Party' [Red Seal]

04. DJ Scot Project - 'U (I Got A Feeling)' (V-Mix) [Positiva]

05. Star Fighter - 'Apache' (Hi-Gate Mix) [Ministry Of Sound]

06. Hi-Gate - 'Pitchin' (In Every Direction)' [Incentive]

07. The Clergy - 'Saints & Sinners' [M:Bargo]

08. Twice As Nice - 'Overture (Rockin With)' [Huma Stemra]

09. Fragma - 'Toca's Miracle' [Edel]

10. Ralph Fridge - 'Angel' [Go For It!]

11. GD - 'Choral Reef' [IDJ]

12. Armin van Buuren - 'Communication (Part I)' (Quake Mix) [Cyber]

13. Space Brothers - 'Shine' (Commie Mix) [Manifesto]

14. DJ Misjah & DJ Groovehead ‎– 'X-Pact' (Special Acid Edition) [X-Trax]

15. Mario Piu - 'Communication (Somebody Answer The Phone)' (Yomanda Mix) [Incentive]

16. Yomanda - 'Sunshine' [Manifesto]

17. Dial 'M' For Mogwai - 'Beatbox' [Kosmo]

18. Spoiled & Zigo - 'More & More' [Manifesto]

19. Singles & Angles - 'Submerge' (Trance Mix) [good:as]

20. Electrique Boutique - 'Revelation' (Original Mix) [Data]

21. William Orbit - 'Barber's Adagio For Strings' (Ferry Corsten Remix) [WEA]

• 1 month later...

excellent set, and one of hte last times I visited Sundissential @ The Pulse.

This set is also infamous for the start of the long war between Jules and Madders. After the set, Madders slated the set on the mic while Jules was still there. Hence why Sundissential never got shout outs on Jules' R1 shows.

I've never, ever seen an uncorrupted copy of this set on the internet. I do have a full version of this, but the quality of the tape is nowhere near as good as the mp3 that's posted above.

This set is also infamous for the start of the long war between Jules and Madders. After the set, Madders slated the set on the mic while Jules was still there. Hence why Sundissential never got shout outs on Jules' R1 shows.

Who is Madders and what did he say exactly? This set is one of Jules' at his golden best... :angry:

at the time they had a healthy amount of regular trance DJ's, but they were primarily a HH club yeah.

As soon as Madders had his pop at Julesy, Sundissential changed their music policy to hiring unknown HH DJ's.

Madders came on the mic and said 'what a f***ing s*** set that was....'. Clearly talking out of his arse then.

I went to this as well, Madders was a bit of a nutter, but was a promoter that was in it for the love of the music not the money unlike promoters at the moment. I saw Jules 3 or 4 times at Sundissential at the Pulse and he was spot on everytime, i can honestly say i have heard some of Jules best sets there, i remember being told that Jules had upset Madders before he started, Madders in my opinion made a hugh mistake when he did this.

As Gregg said after this Sundissential moved to unknown Hard House Dj's, where's before they had the perfect line ups starting trancey and ending with hard house.

An example of a line up they had once:

Resident Djs

Tall Paul

Judge Jules

Andy Farley

Jon Bishop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:excl: update: :excl:

OK, so you really watched this space? Good!, coz then you'll be the first to download the new and improved version of this emix... now completely without corruption!

A big thanks to mr. leeruffles who recently joined us for this improved version! :thumbsup:

Edited by Neuro

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Apart from stuffing up the intro, this is Jules at his best!! He played all the big records that he was hammering at the time, and mixed them beautifully. This is why Jules was The World's #1 in 1999. Which just goes to show what a total tw*t Madders is!!! Jealous much?!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...