Friday, 4th August 2000

9:00pm - 11:00pm

Live from Bar 'M', Ibiza

01. Zombie Nation - 'Kernkraft 400' [Transk]

02. Mario Piu - 'Library' [Nukleuz]

03. Trisco - 'Musak' (Wonderland Avenue Mix) [Vinyl Addiction]

04. The Disko Kidz - 'De La Phunk' [soul Phusion]

05. Lil Louis vs Josh Wink - 'French Kiss (How's Your Evening So Far?)' [FFRR]

06. Yoji Biomehanika - 'Seduction' (Chris C vs Dynamic Intervention Mix) [Aztec]

07. Quo Vadis - 'Sonic Boom (Life's Too Short)' (AMP Mix) [serious]

08. Safri Duo - 'Played-A-Live' (Club Mix) [serious]

09. Freefall feat. Jan Johnson - 'Skydive (I Feel Wonderful)' (Original Mix) [incentive]

10. Hi-Gate - 'I Can Hear Voices' (Tranquilized Mix) [incentive]

11. Störfaktor - 'Wake Up Now' [Hot Score]

12. Rotterdam Termination Source - 'Poing 2000' (Rockafellas Club Mix) [Virgin]

13. Hi-Gate - 'Caned & Unable' [incentive]

14. N.T.S.X. - 'Dreamshot' [Atomic]

15. Baby D - 'Let Me Be Your Fantasy' (Rank 1 Remix) [FFRR]

16. O.T Quartet - 'Hold That Sucker Down' (Dual's "Bass-Rok" Club Mix) [Champion]

17. Delirium - 'Silence' (DJ Tiësto's In Search Of Sunrise Mix) [Nettwerk]

18. Solar Stone - '7 Cities' (Solar Stone's Liquid Summer Mix) [Lost Language]

19. York - 'Farewell To The Moon' (En-Motion Vocal Dub) [Manifesto]

20. E2 vs E9 - 'On The East Coast' [Routemaster]

21. The Crazy Drummer - 'Party Drumz' (Hi-Gate Mix) [white label]

22. Yomanda - 'On The Level' [Manifesto]

• 3 weeks later...

15. Baby D - 'Let Me Be Your Fantasy' (Rank 1 Remix) [FFRR]

16. O.T Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down (Dual Remix]) [Dos or Die]

19. York - Farewell To The Moon (En-Motion Vocal Dub) [Manifesto]

21. The Crazy Drummer - 'Party Drumz' (Hi-Gate Mix) [superstar Recordings]

Edited by Neuro

Just going on memory here as not heard this set for years and cant download it but No 6 is by Timo Mass - maybe 'The Techno' I think it was the B side to Ubik. It sounds very much like Ubik aswell - I maybe wrong about the title though.

Someonepost a clip of6 and well soon find out if its a timo track guvs

Just pulled this tape out of the attic and it is the tune I thought. I always presumed it was Tim.

Not sure what No 4 is called but the tune is taken from De La Soul 'Me Myself and I' Sorry I cant be more specific on these two!

• 1 year later...
16. O.T Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down (Dual Remix) [Dos or Die]

This mix was not released on Dos or Die (well if it was that release is not on Discogs)

Ive got a double pack promo on Champion with this mix on.

16. O.T Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down (Dual's "Bass-Rok" Club Mix) [Champion]

It's a very slow remix and you can hear Jules slowing Baby D down in order to mix this in at maximum pitch on the technics no doubt as it was the only way I could ever mix it in a trance set. I quite like this version actually.

This pack also has the "Shocker Remix" which I believe is the same tune which is listed elsewhere as Caater - Hold that sucker down. That version featured on the live show from Karanga @ Creation in Bristol I believe.

*edit* - I have just checked the Karanga set - the versions are slightly different - the Shocker remix is similar but not the same as Caater - Hold that sucker down.

Edited by Tremor

great set this, i dont recall this one, though i would think i most probably heard it at the time.

The best of the bunch is Freefall "Skydive", that breakdown is immense.

I *think* the dj scot project track is "F - Future Is Now" (Hardriff Mix) [Overdose Records], if not, it sounds bloody similar. Also, the "Party Drumz" track is the Yomanda Remix, not the Hi-Gate Remix. I dont recall a Hi-Gate remix of it. I remember getting sent the Split Records double pack on promo, it was one of the first promos i ever got sent in mid 2000, just after my first batch of gigs. Unless they are the same mix credited to the different pseudonym for some bizarre licensing reason? The Yoji track and the York "Farewell To The Moon" (En-Motion Dub) are also very good. From memory, wasn't the other mix of "Farewell to the moon" a Watergate remix? I remember as this had the vocal on it, and at the time, it was the one i used to played out! ^_^ Oh the memories of 5th Avenue in Boro. Oh, i remember the Trisco track too, i used to love the strings on that track in the breakdown, they sound really good. I cant ID the other tracks though sadly.

Moonman - I'm sure the mix of Crazy Drums is on the release I have as the Hi-Gate remix. It's likely these are the same remix but for some reason called the Yomanda mix on your release? Mine is on Superstar Recordings:

http://www.discogs.com/Crazy-Drummer-Party.../release/319133

I also have the double pack promo of York - Farewell to the Moon which indeed includes a Watergate Mix tho I have always played the En-Motion Dub

I reckon this must be the release you have Moonman?

http://www.discogs.com/Crazy-Drummer-Party.../release/180481

This is the only release I can find on Split records and also the only release which has the Yomanda remix on. This remix is listed as the same length as the Hi-Gate one is in all the other releases so they are almost certainly the same remix.

Just listening to the set again.. the mix played in the set is definitely the same as the Hi-Gate mix I have. I'm sure this must have been a case of the remix being re-credited to Hi-Gate after the UK promo on Split came out which is the one you guys both have. Mine is a German release. But all the other releases coming after the "Split" release have the Hi-Gate mix on them - but Im sure this is the same version.

I seem to remember that Yomanda - 'Sunshine' was co-written by Jules or that he is credited on the sleeve of the vinyl - yet this came out as a Yomanda tune which also had a Hi-Gate remix on. Perhaps when this remix was done paul masterson did most of the remix work with some influence from Jules and maybe they were undecided whether to call it a Yomanda remix or a Hi-Gate remix.

Either way I don't see why Paul Masterson would have done a seperate solo remix under the Yomanda guise in addition to a Hi-Gate remix which would have been a co-effort between him and Jules so Im sure this is the same remix with 2 different names - but only one release calls it the Yomanda remix so Im sure they went with Hi-Gate as the official name for the mix - well thats my theory anyway.

i checked this today. The version on this mix is DEFINATELY the same as the "Yomanda" mix on my Split Promo. I also did some checking and it was realeased on NuLife in the UK which also featured the mix as a Yomanda Remix. Why the same mix is acredited to different monikers will remain a mystery, unless of course the big man himself can shed some light on the subject?