Your plans for 2008

Justin Haze

Thought id start a new topic to see what you lot have planned for the coming year...

Myself personally am expecting a daughter anyday now and am getting married in September at a really nice venue so its gonna be a very expensive year, im hoping to do a long weekend in ibiza for a stag do all going well B) . Id also like to do Global Gathering as ive never done it but that just depends on the other expenses. After the good feedback on my Audio Whore night im in planning stages of getting a more permanent night sorted and if that goes well i might drop my radio show as im not finding it very rewarding at the moment.This year im gonna push myself to go to more local clubs / events where i can physically chat to the promoters and get to know them rather than just phone up and pop a cd in the post. Work wise id like to not take on board so much and not get as stressed with my dumb ass apprentice as i do..... <_<

What are you hoping to do or not to do in 2008???

Good luck with the birth and wedding, Justin.

We bought a new house at the end of last year, so most of the weekends and cash will be taken up with decorating and DIY. We've made a good start to it already - once you've started, I think its easier to finish. Hopefully I'll get a weekend or 2 here and there to pay a visit to The Arches :P

Good luck with the birth and wedding, Justin.

We bought a new house at the end of last year, so most of the weekends and cash will be taken up with decorating and DIY. We've made a good start to it already - once you've started, I think its easier to finish. Hopefully I'll get a weekend or 2 here and there to pay a visit to The Arches :P

Cheers Steve, Im hoping to get this year out the way the get a mortgage sorted as we are renting at the sec but not looking forward to the lost weekends getting a new house the way you want it, although im a carpenter i hate doing DIY and working in my spare time.Both me and my girlie who`s a hair dresser get clobbered by friends and family to do "private jobs" at "mates rates" ......

mainly get a hefty amount sorted for a deposit for a mortgage, I want to buy a house next year realistically. I have a target in my head of what i want to save this year though - if i could get that, i'd be happy.

I'm also knocking weekends out on the head too, in favor of more overtime. There'll be the odd weekend out here and there, but nothing heavy anymore. I'm still a probationer constable, and still have 14 months to go till i pass my probation. So i think this year, I'd like to knuckle down with work. I'd also like to go and see more bands this year too.

Other than that, stepping up the fitness levels really. I recently ran a level 10 on a bleep test and i was a little disappointed with that. I haven't done any running or gym work since about September!!!

Oh and more tattoos.... :D

Edited by Moonman

This year, my aim is to get a new job - and a completely new career change.

In my private life, I want to promote my website more so that it becomes as popular as the other main Trance sites out there, and get loads more interviews. I also want to push myself more as a DJ. I'm far too laid back and never send any demo's or anything out - although around here in Coventry, the chances of finding a Trance night are very slim indeed anyway.

I also want to get a bit fitter too. I used to be mega fit through playing either football and/or cricket every day, plus a 20 mile cycle - bit now, I get out of breath just thinking about doing those activities :lol:

2008 I'll be focusing on getting stuck into a new job, I'm bored with my current situation & wana get my teeth into something, also earning a few quid would be nice.

DJ wise 2007 was a great year & hopefully this year can see me do even better. I desperately wana get some more gigs lined up in London as it's easily the best atmosphere for a night. If things go to plan I'd also like to get into produtcion but this depends upon how much time, money & patience I have later on in the year.

What a special, talented lot you all are on here. I hope it all works out for you - 2008 is a clean slate on which to start!

For me, 2008 holds months of hard studying and loads of essay writing before graduating in June with my degree in Spanish. Then, finding a good job which I can throw myself into and work extremely hard... and play hard. I'll probably end up in London because both my brothers work there, it's very close to where I live, and I love the place :D

We've made a good start to it already - once you've started, I think its easier to finish. Hopefully I'll get a weekend or 2 here and there to pay a visit to The Arches :P

I'm scared at the thought of me decorating a house. I'm so impulsive it'd have to be done in one go! I'd be running around like a mad caffine raged freak painting and so on. What are your views on decorating? Personally I'd paint all the walls instead of wallpaper as it's cheaper, quicker, easier and if you dont like it, then it's easy'ish to change. Wallpapering looks soo awkward.

<_<

Anyway, 2008!! I want to try and progress my qualifications outside of work. I'm thinking of an M.S.c but this is all dependant upon time and so on. I'm not looking at going back to uni (unfortunately!) but perhaps doing it in accordance with work. I want to try and do new things this year and live life a bit more. Would like a holiday as I haven't had one for a very long time for various reasons. Looking at somewhere warm with waves.

Musically I'm not looking at going to dance festivals as I don't really like the sort of crowd they attract now. I'm definitely hoping to go to a few smaller less mainstream band-type festivals. Hopefully want to get a few more club nights in this year. There's a few clubs to tick off on my list.

So much to do in so little time!

I hope your all successful in your quests! :D

Personally I'd paint all the walls instead of wallpaper as it's cheaper, quicker, easier and if you dont like it, then it's easy'ish to change. Wallpapering looks soo awkward.

Yep, we're painting all the walls - not an inch of wallpaper in sight <_< However, because there's a lot of woodchip to remove, that means getting the walls plastered before we paint. And that costs money. So far, 3 rooms are stripped, plastered and painted - 4 to go.

I hate doing DIY at the weekends - thats time for relaxing. Fortunately I work for the Council so I get plenty of holiday to give the decorating a good crack.

Good luck with everyone's plans - rest assured someone will dig this thread out in 12 months time to see what we've actually achieved :lol:

Yep, we're painting all the walls - not an inch of wallpaper in sight <_< However, because there's a lot of woodchip to remove, that means getting the walls plastered before we paint. And that costs money. So far, 3 rooms are stripped, plastered and painted - 4 to go.

I hate doing DIY at the weekends - thats time for relaxing. Fortunately I work for the Council so I get plenty of holiday to give the decorating a good crack.

Good luck with everyone's plans - rest assured someone will dig this thread out in 12 months time to see what we've actually achieved :lol:

I think there should be a wager for me being divorced :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great thread Justin,

Workwise i really enjoy my job and am gonna continue to work hard and continue in driving the business forward, hopefully getting myself more money as i could do with it.

In regards to my life in general, I am gonna make sure that i go out alot more in 2008, i havn't been out that much in 2007 as i have been busy with my house and kids etc, its pretty hard for me to go out clubbing these days as a number of you will probably relate to what i mean when i say this but most of my friends are into different music to me, they sometimes come to nights with me but after a while make me feel guilty that i want to stay to the end and we end up leaving earlier than i want to, thats why the best club nights i have had out have been with my partner as she's like me and likes the same music as me, but due to her work we dont get to do it very often.

Also i really am gonna get back into Djing this year and get practicing again. When i get back to a level of Djing im happy with and get some Cdj's i hope to start my own club night.

I also play Football on Sundays but am not as fit as i would like to be so like Briggsy i would like to get fitter! lol

God im gonna have a busy 2008 if i get round to doing all this!!! :o:lol: