What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Aza

12. People who use a comma to join 2 separate sentences together, I don't think it's right. (<-- see! Why not use a full stop, semi-colon, or dash?)

I agree, it's so annoying when people do that, they have a lot to say but instead of using small sentences, they use loads of commas, forget about full stops, then cram it all into one big sentence! :P

Edited by DJ MikeW

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice list there, Tim :)

I like that one about the cashier, however, I always wonder if I just whack the coinage in my pocket, have I been short-changed?

I've remembered one other that I meant to post initially:

- When you start brushing your teeth and your lady comes to do hers too. This can be the same as brushing your teeth the same time and, after a while when it gets to minty you need to spit out and rinse your mouth. You both go to do it at the same time!

- When I'm and on the bog (we don't lock the door in our house) and the lady comes in and starts looking in the mirror!

A few more to be added, such as:

1) People that piss all over toilet seats and leave it covered in piss!

2) Old people that move like slugs and block the isles when you are shopping so that it takes you 5 mins just to get down an isle!

3) Sorry seems like im having a go at old people but, old people that smack you with shopping trolleys and havn't got the manners to say sorry!

Edited by Ducky

I agree, it's so annoying when people do that, they have a lot to say but instead of using small sentences, they use loads of commas, forget about full stops, then cram it all into one big sentence! :P

The Spanish do this a lot and tend to form massive sentences that we'd always split up into separate ones in English. Either that or they use no commas at all, which is equally confusing. I've had many a light-hearted argument with my Spanish flat-mate last year about it (he was a poet) - I would claim a long, unpunctuated sentence was highly misleading and open to too many interpretations, or just wasn't a sentence grammatically, but he'd say that's how the Spanish write so there!

2) Old people that move like slugs and block the isles when you are shopping so that it takes you 5 mins just to get down an isle!

Definitely. Although not always old people - sometimes mothers with those bigger "twin-seater" baby trolleys who leave it diagonally right across the middle. GrrrR!!! :D

Extras for me too

My mrs always blaming me when she smells a fart <_< Believe it or not dear im not the only one on the planet who can do it........

People who dont move forward when finishing with the pump at petrol stations before paying - then doing there weekly shop before paying..

Ibiza in august - "The month of the beer boy"

Finding that amazing tune or mix you`ve been after only to be taken to a dead link....

Randoms ringing me trying to sell mobile phone contracts... "Can we have your account number & security code"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Local promoters only wanting to hear funky house & electro at a push..

Getting no replies on from DJ`s / Producers on myspace.... i can see you read it mother f**cker - if you dont wanna be contacted dont join network sites or at least give me some sort of reply - its called common courtisy :angry: :angry:

20. Sweaty lads in clubs that insist on taking their tops off and swinging their top around their heads. We don't want your sweat spraying into our drinks thanks!

23. Big fat sweaty girls in clubs that wear tight tops and mini skirts.

It is a while since I have been to a truly large club but i have never seen this. Sounds absolutely disgusting!

*cough* Godskitchen *cough* ;)

When I was a regular at Gods (2004ish) we used to go every week (barring Hard House nights) & there was one 40-somethin guy who always walked around topless & always managed to bump into one of the lads who came along with us, without fail, every single week.

On a particularly hot Armin night he wor a blue t-shirt & after this guy had barged into him for about the 5th time you could see the perspiration that he'd smudged across my mate's top. What made it funny & not disgusting was that he always managed to find the same lad each week to bump into & never once bumped into any of the other guys & girls in our group :lol:

^^^ :lol::lol:

Something else i've got to add:

Ppl dat typ like dis innit bro, or PEOPLE THAT TYPE IN CAPITALS, or even worse, A CoMbInAtIoN Ov ThE TwO InNiT mAtE. The world is turning into a load of dyslexic Ali G's. :o

Also, women that moan when we leave the toilet seat up. Why? It takes 2 seconds to put the fecking thing down. Why do you need us to keep it down?

Edited by Briggsy

Shorthand texting is really annoying aswell, there's no need for it either. One of my friends uses it a lot & it does really get to me.

'Hey u goin clbbin l8r? Lemme knw k? tb'

No need!

I agree entirely, i hate it when I recieve texts that I have to spend 10 minutes translating to english before I can read them. It annoys me even more when they shorten words by one character, such as 'wlk' instead of 'walk'. Is one character really worth it? Predictive text knows the word 'want' so its quicker to use that word rather than 'wnt', which has to be entered into the phones memory.

A few more things to add:

People that point to their wrist when they're asking the time. I know where a watch goes mate! Would you point to your nob if your asking where the toilet is?

People who lose the remote control, so spend 5 minutes looking for it - rather that walking to the TV to change channel manually, which takes 10 seconds.

People who say "Can I ask you a question?" - its a bit late now isn't it chum, you just have!

People who tell you whats about to happen in a film when you've just paid a fiver to get in to see it!

When people say "Where did you have it last?" when you've lost something! Durrrrr, If I knew that, it wouldn't be lost would it.

People that say "Why is it, when you're looking for something, its always in the last place you look". How many people find something, but then carry on looking for it? (also a popular Lee Evans joke - but soooo true!)

Shop assistants that jump on you shouting "can I help you?" as soon as you walk through the door - and then when you need their help, you can't find the damn person!

One more rant when driving, it's so annoying when someone pulls out of a junction right in front of you & then you have to brake while they gather enough speed to progress.

All this because they can't be bothered to wait that extra 2 or 3 seconds for you to go past, after which they would have all the time in the world to pull out onto the main road! <_<

People that point to their wrist when they're asking the time. I know where a watch goes mate! Would you point to your nob if your asking where the toilet is?

Ha, ha! Thats funny. I'm going to have to try that one :lol: .

So called txt speak annoys me too. Whether it's a sign of getting old I don't know but I don't understand it. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to writing txt's and always make sure my grammar and spelling is right. Maybe I'm just a bit sad -_- .

The one way system in IKEA is a total pain in the arse too. It requires a degree level qualification to get round the place and if you decide you want to go back and look at something, you have to walk back against the hoards of people going the right way round the system.

The one way system in IKEA is a total pain in the arse too. It requires a degree level qualification to get round the place and if you decide you want to go back and look at something, you have to walk back against the hoards of people going the right way round the system.

Good point! Its the only store I know where I end up looking at a map, trying to find a shortcut back to where I want!

Talking of Ikea - seeing a piece of furniture you like, writing the number of the aisle down where it is in the warehouse at the end, buying stuff to go with that item in the self-serve warehouse, and then the piece of furniture is out of stock in the warehouse :ph34r:

I was thinking about this thread on the train this morning and looked at the amount of women struggling with multiple bags - why not just put everything all in one larger one? My small rucksack does me perfectly well for everything I need for work.

Also, double 1 on my dartboard is proving very annoying at the minute <_<

A freidn said to me at t pub yesterday Ill recognise the track hes set as his ring tone. Cue silent and expersionless me not having a ruddy clue what the track is, turns out to be ultra beat vs darren styles

Now I dont even like this scouse ouse crap let alone listen to it so how the hell would I have know it? , he should damn well know by now what music I like and what I dont like!

Another one, also last night, another mate who really doesnt have a clue when it comes to dance music (hes been getting into the chavland comps beacuse hes made friends with a girl in kent wholl as much as he trys hjell never get it on with and now hinks hes somewhat an authority on dance music and I'll be damned if she hasa clue either) calling Scooter-The Logical Song RAVE MUSIC!.

Leaves me wondering what kind of rave hed like to go to, no doubt a chavland one.

Here's a few others:

Pub signs that say "happy hour - 9 til 12". Errrr, that'll be three hours then....

Jewellers signs that say "Ear piercing while you wait". What was the other option then - to have the ear amputated so that it could be pierced, and then stiched back at a later date? :blink:

Now I dont even like this scouse ouse crap let alone listen to it so how the hell would I have know it? , he should damn well know by now what music I like and what I dont like!

Basshunter - Now Your Gone. How about this one for a bag of sh*t? I was driving in our work vehicle the other day and was listening to R1 when they kept banging on about this. I was expecting something good. Oh my god. Why oh why? :angry: