What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Aza

Exactly, yet these two mates will probably love it, given Mark does have a wide and half decent knowledge and atste of dance music which is all good but for the love of god cascada and even crap like basshunter please shoot me now!

Its a wonder well maybe not how it got to number 1!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get this new commercial dance stuff thats doing the rounds at the moment. I hate to use the 'commercial' phrase as it covers such a huge range of tracks, some of which will be played by us (although perhaps as remixes). This new style is as commercial as it gets. Every track sounds the same and it sounds a mix of hardstyle and that cringeworthy jumpstyle.

If you look at the current dance compilations they're all under the 'extreme' title or thereabouts. It all sounds the same and it just creates visions of Smirnoff fueled chavs and slappers dancing in Yates' or Brannigans.

If it's 145bpm and the vocals are all squeaky and about love etc then they'll love it. :angry:

The majority of people I know have an equally bad knowledge of dance music. One work colleague actually dragged me to her car one lunchtime to listen to some of this 'awesome' dance cd she had just bought.

I was expecting something great but sadly (you guessed it) it turned out to be filled with Cascada, Ultrabeat, & more Clubland style trash. :confused:

She then asked me if this was my sort of music, to which I replied, "Er, not quite!" :lol:

All of my local meat markets are filled with this audio torture & each one seems to have the same 10 tunes in the same order on a continuous loop throughout the night! :wall:

Needless to say, I have to venture further afield for my fix of decent music on a night out!

I promise I will get started on this soon, but I'm working 11 hours a day at the moment, but what pisses me off is stuff like the last comment. Cascada etc, I used to hate all that and everything it stood for, but it actually starts to sound eliteist.... Its popular because lots of people like it, if you don't like it, ehhhhhh, don't listen to it, and let them be.... Its the same as the whole, "I hate tossers in clubs that shouldn't be there because I know how I want my night to be" pish. The truth of the matter is, yeah you get lots of scum on a daily basis, but the reality is, its not these poor bastards fault, and unfortunateley, this kinda music somehow appeals to them. If you don't like them, stop going to clubs / pubs that they go to....

Maybe Glasgow is blessed with more choice than the rest of Britain, but I very much doubt it. Basically get off your trancey highhorse, and accept my apology tomorrow when I haven't had a few pints LOL.

Love you all really ;)

Basically get off your trancey highhorse, and accept my apology tomorrow when I haven't had a few pints LOL.

Love you all really ;)

Dude, you got a drink problem you wanna share with the rest of the group? :ninja:

X

Edited by Moonman

:o Your complaining??? I dream of girls dragging me to their cars :lol:

It wasn't in that way honest! By the way, I don't think my missus would have been too pleased if it was!! :lol:

Besides if said girl did drag me to her car for you know what, I think the Clubland cd would have been a mood killer!! :P

This is the 1 problem thats never gonna go away commercial tripe most people i know prefer this cheese bollocks rather than listen to decent dance music its a bloody disgrace like and this cascada s*** i really wish they would f*** off!! :angry:

On the other hand iv actually got most of my friends into the music i play now which is good :)

Girls who flirt outrageously with you and/or drunkenly tell you intimate things about themselves when you both know full well she has a boyfriend whom they'd never cheat on... I've become wise to this now and these days make sure I get a free drink out of them before disappearing.

Women that are older than me trying to chat me up in clubs. I hate it! I don't do older than me. I don't even do the same age as me.

Oh, and gay people that want everyone to know they're gay. I don't mind the kind that keep themselves to themselves, but I hate the type that ponse about like big fairies, putting on fake voices and trying their best to act feminine. In my eyes, those aren't "real" gays - they're wannabe gays that want to draw attention to themselves.

My ex's uncle was gay - yet you'd have never known. He acted normally and didn't show the slightest sign he was gay, however, his boyfriend was just like my decription above!

Girls who flirt outrageously with you and/or drunkenly tell you intimate things about themselves when you both know full well she has a boyfriend whom they'd never cheat on... I've become wise to this now and these days make sure I get a free drink out of them before disappearing.

Ha, ha :lol: . You cheapskate! What if they cannot afford the high financial demands of Hoegaarden? Do you then walk away from them or do you request a G&T instead?

I request a G&T and if they make any derogatory comment, I'm off! No class = no pass.

My friends nicknamed me "smokebomb" in Spain, as I used to frequently disappear without warning during a night out, often way earlier than was allowed (i.e. before 7am) - and this was either because I had scored a belter in the top corner or I'd simply had enough and felt like going home. It's ok going out all night but after you've done it for a while it gets a bit much... when you tell a Spaniard that pubs close at 11.30pm in England they look at you as if you're an alien with 3 heads. (or "como un pulpo en un garaje" (like an octopus in a garage, as they say!))

Women that are older than me trying to chat me up in clubs. I hate it! I don't do older than me. I don't even do the same age as me.

Oh, and gay people that want everyone to know they're gay. I don't mind the kind that keep themselves to themselves, but I hate the type that ponse about like big fairies, putting on fake voices and trying their best to act feminine. In my eyes, those aren't "real" gays - they're wannabe gays that want to draw attention to themselves.

My ex's uncle was gay - yet you'd have never known. He acted normally and didn't show the slightest sign he was gay, however, his boyfriend was just like my decription above!

Know what u mean mate iv no problem with people being gay but when they get on the way you have just said it's uncalled for wtf :pinkman: