Pick one tune only.......

Judge Mental

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great tunes have already been mentioned but I would have to add Yves Deruyter - Factor Y (Talla 2XLC Remix) as my contribution. Jules played it countless times in 2000 and I really love it when the first proper beat kicks in after the intro. Such a great tune and the atmosphere sounded amazing on the Ice Factory in Perth set when jules dropped it. I remember wishing I could be there...

Edited by Tremor

Some great tunes have already been mentioned but I would have to add Yves Deruyter - Factor Y (Talla 2XLC Remix) as my contribution. Jules played it countless times in 2000 and I really love it when the first proper beat kicks in after the intro. Such a great tune and the atmosphere sounded amazing on the Ice Factory in Perth set when jules dropped it. I remember wishing I could be there...

Ah yes the whistle song i used to call it great tune

Edited by Marty M

Yves Deruyter - Factor Y (Talla 2XLC Remix)

D.A.V.E the Drummer - One Last One

I love these, talking of D.A.V.E the Drummer, i have loads of his tracks off the Hydrolics label, it was a quality label that released loads of those Techno edged tracks that Jules used to play :thumbsup:

Edited by Ducky

ouch, this is too hard to only pick one...

The first memory of hearing Jules sets was some i got from a friend on cassette in late 99...

Sooooo many great tracks from 99 - 01...

Push - 'Strange World' (2000 Remake) if i really have to only pick one...

but all the bouncy house and techno Jules used to play... it was... amazing!

Edited by FuzzY-LogiC

His entire set at Gatecrasher Summer Sound System 2001 (I think).

1st dance festival, 5pm, had just taken my 1st ever pill, sun shining then rain then more sun as he played push - the legacy, as my mate also coming up on his 1st pill ever gave us a massive hug and a grin. One of the main reasons I ever stuck up for drugs. changed my entire life for the better that did.

gash set right enough lol, but every second of it gives me goosebumps even now when I listen to it.

Could have been any dj I suppose lol, but it was incredible. As were the next 11 hours, haha 7 years in fact, cheers Jules ;)

Edited by Judge Mental

:eek: Fair play I guess everyone has their own style. Wouldn't even feature in my top 1 million tracks.

This was an awesome track but it was ruined jules did murder it then the music channels got hold of it and totally killed it!!

I can remember jules 1st playing it and i was like holy good god whats that a week l8r i was talking to les who worked for 3beat and i said have u anything good jules is playing at the minute and he mentioned ppk 15 notes i paid jules hammered it for an easy 6 months before it got released :wub:

Edited by Marty M

PPK - ResuRection (space club mix)

:eek: Fair play I guess everyone has their own style. Wouldn't even feature in my top 1 million tracks.

Can't really slate tunes in this thread though, as sometimes even the most commercial tune in the world did actually mean a lot to you when it first came out before it got rinsed by all the DJs.

madonna "what it feels like for a girl" (above & beyond club mix)

still A&B's best production!

Definately! I've never really understand all the hype about Above & Beyond and Anjunabeats - I find their style of Trance quite basic and plinky-plonky - and they choose some gash vocalists for their tunes too.

This is top notch though :D

Can't really slate tunes in this thread though, as sometimes even the most commercial tune in the world did actually mean a lot to you when it first came out before it got rinsed by all the DJs.

SO true Mr. Quadrant!

Funnily enough, even I've been playing that Madonna mix again recently in my room, about 5 times a week lol. Reminds me of dancing outside in summer with not a care in the world :D

Love it.

Another fave, and possibly my fave tune he ever played up here at the arches, DJ Pure - My Definition, Simon Foy the resident dj used to absolutley batter it before Jules had ever seen it.

In fact I'm talking crap, never heard Jules play that, what I was thinking of was Racoon - From The Deep, dunno if you've heard it, I've only heard him play it once, his friday night show live at the arches, and took me aaaaaages to track down, was about £19 from some record shop in Thailand lol. Worth every penny :D

For me it was DJ Elite 'That Camera' Apart from being my favourite tune ever it was the fact that Jules started playing it at the end of 2000 and played it constantly but no other dj picked up on it until 2002. back then Jules always seemed to get the top tunes way before anyone else.

Funnily enough, even I've been playing that Madonna mix again recently in my room, about 5 times a week lol. Reminds me of dancing outside in summer with not a care in thLove it.

Another fave, and possibly my fave tune he ever played up here at the arches, DJ Pure - My Definition, Simon Foy the resident dj used to absolutley batter it before Jules had ever seen it.

In fact I'm talking crap, never heard Jules play that, what I was thinking of was Racoon - From The Deep, dunno if you've heard it, I've only heard him play it once, his friday night show live at the arches, and took me aaaaaages to track down, was about £19 from some record shop in Thailand lol. Worth every penny :D

Definately! I've never really understand all the hype about Above & Beyond and Anjunabeats - I find their style of Trance quite basic and plinky-plonky - and they choose some gash vocalists for their tunes too.

This is top notch though :D

Very far from basic mate, i'd say their music (albeit not your bag) is some of the most consistently very well produced music around, they are some of the few trance producers that get vocals spot on in my opinion, and thats very hard to do!! I honestly can't think of a bad release they have had - i'd prob say 'can't sleep' is my least favourite of theirs and thats still a very well produced tune!

As for anjunabeats... Surely in the top 3 trance labels?

hmph.

I was listening to TATW 200 on Friday night (a celebratory 71 tune mix in 2 hours) and almost 50% of the tunes were Anjunabeats, probs rather predictably. However, what a showcase it was and it makes you realise what quality output there has been from Anjuna over the years.

25th January 2008

1. Yimaz Altanhan "80's" [Ozcar Can Mix] (Anjunabeats)

2. Ridgewalkers feat El "Find" [Andy Moor Mix] (Armada)

3. Endre "I Kill For You" [Probspot Remix] (Anjunabeats)

4. Lange "Songless" [boy Hagemann Remix] (Lange Recordings)

5. Tilt "The World Doesn’t Know" (Lost Language)

6. Andy Moor "Halcyon" (Anjunabeats)

7. Sarah McLachlan "World On Fire" [Junkie XL Mix] (Nettwerk)

8. Super8 + DJ Tab "Helsinki Scorching" (Anjunabeats)

9. Sufjan Stevens vs. Signalrunners "Chicago" (CDR)

10. Above & Beyond with Andy Moor "Air For Life" [original mix] (Anjunabeats)

11. Cosmic Gate "Body Of Conflict" [Cosmic Gate Club Mix] (Black Hole)

12. Gabriel & Dresden "Tracking Treasure Down" (Organised Nature)

13. Armin van Buuren "Control Freak" [sander van Doorn Remix] (Armind)

14. Rob Mooney "Feelin Electro" [Valentino Kanzyani Remix] (Punch Funk)

15. Aalto "5" (Anjunabeats)

16. Signalrunners "Aria Epica" [bart Claesson Remix] (Anjunabeats)

17. Above & Beyond "Can't Sleep" (Anjunabeats)

18. Maor Levi "Shining" (CDR)

19. Tranquility Base "Razorfish" (Anjunabeats)

20. 2 Divine "Black Is The Colour" [Coco & Green Mix] (Anjunabeats)

21. Whiteroom "The White Room" (Liquid Asset)

22. Bolier & Coenraad "Mohawk" (Intuition Recordings)

23. DT8 "Destination" [Above & Beyond Remix] (Mondo)

24. Aalto "Rush" [super8 vs Orkidea Remix] (Anjunabeats)

25. Cassandra Fox "Touch Me" [Mike Koglin & Jono Grant Remix] (Sony)

26. Alt + F4 "Alt + F4" (Anjunabeats)

27. Sunny Lax "PUMA" (Anjunabeats)

28. Mike Shiver "Morning Drive" (Anjunabeats)

29. Kaste "Desert Eagle" [smith & Pledger Remix] (Anjunabeats)

30. Smith & Pledger "Northern Lights" (Anjunabeats)

31. Nitromethane "Religion" (CDR)

32. Above & Beyond pres. Unkle Petter "So Many Faces" (CDR)

33. Summer Sessions Feat. Michele Smith "Blossom" (E-TCR)

34. Art of Trance "Mongoose" (Tek^tonik Remix) (Platipus)

35. Oliver Smith "Nimbus" (Anjunabeats)

36. Armin vs Mike "Intruder" (ASOT)

37. Tiesto feat Jes "Everything" (Black Hole)

38. Boom Jinx "Remember September" [Duderstadt Mix] (Anjunadeep)

39. The Thrillseekers Feat Aruna 'Waiting Here For You' (Adjusted Music)

40. First State "Falling" (Black Hole)

41. Oceanlab "Sirens Of The Sea" [Above & Beyond's Original Mix] (Anjunabeats)

42. Above & Beyond "Stealing Time" [A&B Deep Club Mix] (Anjunabeats)

43. Above & Beyond "No One On Earth" [Gabriel & Dresden Remix] (Anjunabeats)

44. Madonna "What It Feels Like For A Girl" [Above & Beyond Remix] (Warner Brothers)

45. Stephen J Kroos "Phantazmz" (Anjunabeats)

46. Young Parisians Feat. Ben Lost "Jump The Next Train" [Kyau vs Albert Remix]

47. Super8 "Alba" (Anjunabeats)

48. Super8 & Tab "Suru" (Anjunabeats)

49. Super8 "Get Off" (Anjunabeats)

50. Matt Hardwick vs Smith & Pledger “Connected” (Anjunabeats)

51. Breakfast "The Sunlight" (Flashover)

52. Above & Beyond pres. Tranquility Base "Surrender" (Anjunabeats)

53. Oceanlab "Satellite" (Sony BMG)

54. Nitrous Oxide "North Pole" (Anjunabeats)

55. Daniel Kandi "Child" (Anjunabeats)

56. Above & Beyond "Good For Me" [A&B Club mix] (Anjunabeats)

57. Luminary "Amsterdam" [smith & Pledger Remix] (Anjunabeats)

58. Daniel Kandi "Breathe" (Anjunabeats)

59. Sander van Doorn "S.O.S." (Spinnin')

60. Gabriel & Dresden "Dangerous Power" (Organized Nature)

61. Above & Beyond "Oceanic" [super8 & Tab Remix] (Anjunabeats)

62. Signum "The Timelord" (ASOT)

63. Britney Spears "Everytime" [Above & Beyond Club Mix] (Sony)

64. Shah & Cosmo Pres. Purple Mood "One Night In Tokyo" (Anjunabeats)

65. Mark Pledger vs. Matt Hardwick Feat Melinda Gareh "Fallen Tides" (Anjunabeats)

66. Remy & Roland Klinkenberg "Monday Groove" (Armada)

67. Mike Koglin vs. Jono Grant "Sequential" (Anjunabeats)

68. Adam Nickey "Never Gone" (Anjunabeats)

69. P.O.S "Gravity" (Anjunabeats)

70. Nitromethane "Time To Die" [seraque Remix] (Anjunabeats)

71. Above & Beyond "Alone Tonight" (Anjunabeats)

Edited by bigsteve

my point exactly - their core 'sound' is the melodic uplifting stuff, but they have also had a big range of other stuff - and not to mention the tech-trance/electro-house/prog stuff through the remixes!!