Format of Jules Radio 1 Show

kml

good topic this, good to hear mr jules contributing too.. i really dont listen to the show anymore except for listen again, its just too late for me on a fri/sat and im workin sat :( bloody HMV!!!!!!!!

im all in fav of the hot mix returning yaaaaay :) im likin how jules gives more info on tunes he plays eg labels, full name of tracks, etc..nice one

also glad ur not playin too much house, exception for deadmau5 who is superb!!

im lookin fwd to all the live mixes jules, i really like stuff u play out! cant wait for essential tours at arches :) yaaaaaaaaas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the recovery record might not be scrapped at all.,..people do not really care what we do on a Sunday after a night out, to be honest most of us are probably dying after a night on the town.

Nevertheless I will be tunning into Jules tonight to see the changes....

• 3 months later...

Interesting this Recovery Record thing. It seems to provoke mixed opinions. There's another topic on the BBC boards which was started by Jules's producer here about whether you can love someone if they havea wildly different taste in music:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio1/F2675882?thread=5524902

Some amusing responses there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Yeah, its all sounding good now. I'm still worried about the amount of dodgy bootlegs though.

I'd emailed Jules regarding the new time slot and show format. He said "the plan is to keep things fairly similar, with maybe

just one or two housier tunes thrown in, but overall the same."

• 2 weeks later...
i echo that... good show

I just love Judge Jules and am happy I read this thread as I've waited all my life to hear him say

I think you're probably right and I'm going to look at hardening up the end.

Oh I'm gonna have to go and lie down now.

But I do rekon the last couple of shows have been as excellent as ever. Those one o clock shows weren't so great! Good but not so great!

I could never stay up or the entire shows, but I would force myself to if I hought a bootleg of mine could be on. The following day I have work and they always knew I would be tired the moment I walked round the corner.

LIGHTWEIGHT!

I've got SKY plus!! :)

You need sky+ you don't even have to remember to record it.

Can't you just use bbc Iplayer or is that something different?

• 2 months later...

I was listening to kissy sell outs show last night and I have to admit the music was rather good

Have not listened to Judge Jules show for ages, it is at a better time now 11-1 is it? I remember I used to record tracks off his show when I was young

I am just so glad you can listen again to the shows, I always set my alarm you see for fabio and grooverider (Sun 1-3am), wake up drowsy and fall asleep! But with listen again I can listen as much as i want in the week, then I discovered Bailey and Chrissy Chriss drum and bass shows...wicked :)

Edited by emy

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing beats the old days in the late 90s staying up to tape things on the tape player. :)

:lol: Now and again l do just that. :o Most weeks l record Jules show on my iriver mp3 player which has "tuner timer settings" so l can go off to bed and then listen to part of the show whilst eating my breakfast. Didn't get much sleep last night as didn't go to bed until midnight and had to up @ 4.45am :o

Awwwwww I have one where I am on the phone on Jules' show, and I sound like a total t**t!! I was totally starstruck and never said what I was supposed to say, was still in shock at having been phoned by Jules all week and ignoring it because I didn't recognise the number!!!

Awwwwww those were the days!!

YEEEES!!!! I WENT!!!

Did you go??

I can't wait for the next one-fabio and grooverider, I will buy my ticket early

:)

I am going to the Kinky Boots/Bad Habits night too :)

Yes I was there, was awesome. High Contrast was wicked! You'll have to say hi next time! :) You enjoy u?

Cool, I wouldn't know what you look like but yes I will say hi next time! (Um, If I know what you look like)

I enjoyed it a lot :)

He played InaGadaVadada...however you spell it, was one of the first dnb vinyls I bought, it was good to hear him play it (well it is one of his tracks anyway) but the crowd loved that track :)