Bedbug Pres. Jules

Uberduck

Bedbug in Bournemouth has a wicked lineup on Fri 21st March:

Above & Beyond

Judge Jules

Daniel Bailey

Danny Francis

Never heard of the last chap but I used to love Daniel Bailey's sets at Slinky in the early noughties. This is a wicked little club I randomly stumbled upon when out in B'mouth with a mate. Don't live anywhere near B'mouth but have somewhere to stop to go and see this. only £8 too, which is a bargin seen as though it's an all nighter'ish.

Haven't seen Above & Beyond for ages so really looking forward to that.

The only conflict is that Slinky on the same night have Ferry Corsten, Bart Claessen, Lee Haslam. Can't see a problem in filling the 1100 capacity at Bedbug though as I would have thought most 'proper' clubbers would pick A&B over Ferry C as he's gash.

Yeah of course Tim. Got a new camera a while back to do a bit of amateur surf photography so pics should be top quality! For anyone that hasn't been to Crank before, it's a wicked venue with a capacity of 1100. The DJ booth is within touching distance of the dance floor too so that should make for good pics! We stumbled upon it whilst on a weekend in B'mouth for the Slinky Portsmouth event. It was an electro night when we went and it was full of stunning chicks. I was pretty smashed though as the england game was on that day followed by the rugby world cup semi final (I think thats what it was anyway! I hate 'ruggers').

There u go again personally insulting me :angry: :pinkman:

These fairies who can't enjoy a good game of rugby eh mate? :lol:

Lately I've actually started getting into Rugby League a bit more aswell, probably cos there's usually f*** all else on when i get back from the football saturday nights.

Back on subject, a report & pics is always welcome :D

These fairies who can't enjoy a good game of rugby eh mate? :lol:

Lately I've actually started getting into Rugby League a bit more aswell, probably cos there's usually f*** all else on when i get back from the football saturday nights.

Too right mate, too right. On that subject - did u see Leon Pryce been reprimanded for 'unessesary contact with the testicals of another player' for the second time in 7 months....tut tut, bang out of order!

Too right mate, too right. On that subject - did u see Leon Pryce been reprimanded for 'unessesary contact with the testicals of another player' for the second time in 7 months....tut tut, bang out of order!

:lol: I hadn't seen or heard about that, he's bloody huge aswell. Dirty bastard, maybe he copped an accidental feel once & fancied another go

There u go again personally insulting me :angry: :pinkman:

If you don't watch your mouth Bjorn we're gonna end up having a bitch slapping fight using our gracious filp flops as slap instruments! :P

I just don't get Rugby; its's too stop & start. A good old game of football with Ronny blitzing up and down the wings is all I need! I'm not slagging off people that like rugby or the game, just saying I don't like it. I used to hate all the rugby guys at my uni as they acted like arseholes 24/7. I don't think it was possible for them to have a drink without getting their willy's out and pouring drinks over their head. Maybe that was just a bad bunch of lads but it scarred my mind. :angry:

If you don't watch your mouth Bjorn we're gonna end up having a bitch slapping fight using our gracious filp flops as slap instruments! :P

Is that an offer Joel?!! :P

I used to hate all the rugby guys at my uni as they acted like arseholes 24/7. I don't think it was possible for them to have a drink without getting their willy's out and pouring drinks over their head. Maybe that was just a bad bunch of lads but it scarred my mind. :angry:

No no mate, thats how they all are!! :lol: hahahaha, i have hundreds of rugby stories.... Initiation is the cream of the crop... Eat an onion raw, neck your drink you brought with you (must be over 8%) and then use you bin liner you also brought with ya to vhunder in, oh and don't forget to carry said bin liner around with you for rest oif night for the rest of the initiation activities...

Getting your penis out is a statutary requirement of being a university rugby player, hahahaha!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but it's Above & Beyond over Ferry C everytime for me. Obviously Jules was the main draw but Ferry C bores me as I mentioned in the Magna topic. Hope you have a good one though Si and we'll be able to compare stories afterwards so you'd better make yours a good one backed up by some quality photo's! Let battle commence ;):P .

• 2 weeks later...

Was a Good nite, expect you thought the same Uberduck??

Jules played started his set from 12, and boy was it a good-un

Tunes that stood out for me were....

in no particular order

Valentino Kanzyani - Nueva York [Nick Callaghan Mix]

Biffy Clyro - Machines [Charlie G & Vandal remix]

Richard Durand v SVD - Make me Scream/Riff Bootleg [sounded Awesome]

Agnelli & Nelson - Just When [Mog & Phil Crawf Remix]

Markus Schulz vs Lange and Gareth Emery - Fly To New York (Simon Ross Bootleg)

Linkin Park - Numb [Heatbeat Rework] Jules looped the hell outta this one!!!!

Judge Jules - Laidbare

Judge Jules - Electronic Snare

Judge Jules - You Know What

Judge Jules - Unknown [sounded very like Laidbare, possibly New Remix]

HeatBeat - Push Over

Gareth Emery - This is that

Bout all the ones I could name!!

Overall Wicked night!!

very good night at slinky guys, corsten played a wkd set, bart claasen was good also, very smooth and stirdy set. sorry no photo's as my phone ran out of battery, me not happy, a good night all in all. some good tunes there played by jules. bring on sander van doorn at crank in a couple of weeks

Yes mate I'd agree that this was an awesome night. Shame we didn't meet up and say hello but I kinda forgot anyone else off here was going.

Me & my mate arrived at about 11-11:30pm as we got a it carried away having a mix round the flat. Not that worried as there wasn't any sort of cue when we got there and having pre-paid the tickets, we walked straight in. I didn't really pay attention to who was playing when we got in but I guess it was Daniel Bailey. I was really impressed with Jules who played a thoroughly enjoyable set. I would agree with all the above tracks but also 'Simon Patterson - Bulldozer'. This track has been around quite a while but it's appeal doesn't dwindle for me; still an ace track!

Jules was up to his usual daft bobbing around the booth and cranked (excuse the pun!) things up for Above & Beyond who followed. Personally I would have liked him to play after them but schedules to meet and everything. Above & Beyond were also on top form. Tony & Paavo boshed out the usual A&B style trance and finished off with 'Alone Tonight'.

Danny Francis who played for the last hour was a major disappointment for me and we left with half an hour to go. Surely if the previous DJ's are playing trance, you'd try and keep in the same theme. Danny powered down 'Alone Tonight' then started back up again with what sounded like an old school track :huh: (Hardaway may help me ID his 1st track as although I recognised it, I couldn't put my finger on it). He continued by playing really lacklustre tracks that bored the living daylights out of me.

There were a couple of incidents that annoyed me. Whilst Jules was on a couple of knobheads started scrapping with each other right behind me at the front and rammed right into the back of me :angry: . Hate seeing fighting in clubs. Again right at the end a group of blokes gave one poor dude a kicking next to the bar and in usual fashion, he was the one that was chucked out. They were kicking him and everything. Scumbags.

All in all though this was a quality night and my second visit to Crank was an enjoyable one. I think this is definitely a club night to watch as it's a cool venue and the line ups past and present compliment this. The crowd in there seems quite relaxed to me and made up of very few chavs (apart from the above incidents).

I have taken a shed load of pictures and a few video's but I don't have time tonight to upload these. I have attached one below to whet your appetite.

Edit: Maybe not as the file size is too big. My camera is about 12 megapixel so obviously exceeds the limit <_< .

Edited by Uberduck