Jules - Sunday Times

Wakey

Heard about this on Fri night and read about it in full in today's Culture section. I think the Times were just saying that they'd expect more from an educated person, especially since the show is pre-watershed time. Funny comment though from Jules although better suited for his own time slot.

:lol: What a load of rubbish! Typical middle/upper class media driven attitudes. Particularly liked these comments:

the sort of hypnotic music that people listen to when they go clubbing. Didn't realise Paul McKenna was a DJ? Hypnotic?????

Ecstasy use is something Judge Jules seems to know all about. He has a house in Ibiza, where he has worked as a DJ for years and which he once described as “the party capital of the world”. Like having a house in Ibiza makes you an automatic drug boffin! The fact that he's been DJ'ing in clubs through the peak years of ecstasy use would give him sufficient knowledge!!

I hate the media sometimes. Granted Jules shouldn't really have said something like that on the radio but why make a big deal of it? Kids are exposed to this sort of thing on shows such as Neighbours, Hollyoaks et al. Why is it any worse on the Beeb?

Edited by Uberduck

Well to the last comment sir, you could argue that the Beeb should really be setting an example as he is under their employment.

But the whole article sounds like the author is jealous of missing out on the dance boom. I'm sure he's never been to Ibiza :lol:

They're basically saying Jules was 'endorsing' ecstasy, yet they have to explain what the comment means incase people didn't know what it means - isn't that a bit stupid? That means they've just highlighted the drug ecstasy to those that wouldn't have known any different.

Pot, kettle, black and all that!

They're basically saying Jules was 'endorsing' ecstasy, yet they have to explain what the comment means incase people didn't know what it means - isn't that a bit stupid? That means they've just highlighted the drug ecstasy to those that wouldn't have known any different.

Pot, kettle, black and all that!

THATS more or less exactly what I thought too when I read it :lol:

I saw the video where he says to keep drugs "at experimentation", but that's probably the right advice - by sitting on the fence, he can't be responsible for every clubber who thinks/knows they heighten the experience of the evening, but then again he's not going to outrightly say no-one should take drugs either, because that's not up to him and he probably doesn't care as long as they enjoy his set.

This recent comment about 'chewing your face off' has clearly been placed in a context completely out of proportion, given that it was only for humorous purposes and was a turn of phrase anyway.

I've just read Jules's diary for this week, and he's made a very good job of clarifying what he meant, and he's admitted that he was wrong to say it - even though it wasn't aimed at drugs, and that it was a tongue in cheek comment.

I bet the Sunday Times don't publish the fact that Jules has apologised for his actions and admitted he was wrong though - instead, they'll keep all the toffs thinking that Jules is a drug-munching, drug promoting DJ - an image which they blatantly wanted to create originally.

Edited by Briggsy

Anyone catch the story about Grooverider being caught abroad somewhere with a bit of weed and he's got 4 years for it. Tut tut :whistling:

Far East countries are very very severe on drug offences of any sort, still it did seem mighty harsh considering to get 4yrs over here you need to be a serial rapist who drives without a license & traffics illegal immigrants, oh & it needs to be your fourth such offence