Eduardo

Uberduck

Was listening to bits and bobs of the Arsenal game earlier in hope they'd drop points at Birmingham (as they did in their pervious premiership meeting). Was shocked to hear the extent of the injury to Eduardo. As much as I hate Arsenal and am so hoping we beat them to the title this season, it's never a nice thing to hear of such a horrific injury. Wenger said Martin Taylor should "never play football again". Very strong words in my opinion.

Wenger said it'll be a long time until he plays again, which is a bit of a shame as Croatia are in Euro 2008. Broken legs are a sod of an injury to come back from too.

Still, makes the premiership wide open again. I was looking at the remaining games and looking at the Chelsea and Man U games as potential deciders but along come Birmingham and take two points off them. 6 points difference now so if we win tonight and then again at Old Trafford when that comes around then that'd make it interesting. I'm glad the title race is so close as it'd be boring if we were storming ahead of Arsenal. Still think we'll win as our squad is much stronger (especially as they've lost a striker for the rest of the season). Ok we have the FA cup as an extra, which could amount to three more games but I'm optomistic.

Edited by Uberduck

Just seen a video of it, and I retract my statement, doesn't look as bad a challenge as the pictures make out, and I very much doubt it was deliberate. Just one of those unfortunate incidents I reckon. Still though, Eduardo would be lucky to keep his foot with his leg snapping there, my mum's just told me (worked in A&E years ago).

Hope its not that bad, but he's probably made enough money to live off already ;)

Arsene Wenger has withdrawn comments calling for Birmingham defender Martin Taylor to be banned for life.

Taylor was red carded in the 2-2 draw at St Andrews for a tackle on Eduardo da Silva that left the Arsenal striker with a broken leg.

Wenger was furious with Taylor after the match and said he could not be forgiven for such a challenge.

He claimed the 28-year-old intentionally set out to injure Eduardo and should not be allowed to play football again.

However, the Gunners boss has now softened his stance after having more time to consider the incident.

"It was a highly emotional afternoon and we were all shocked by the injury to Eduardo," said Wenger.

"On reflection, I feel that my comments about Martin Taylor were excessive. I said what I did immediately after the game in the heat of the moment."

An apologetic Martin Taylor has insisted there was no 'malicious intent' in the tackle.

Taylor was more tricked by Eduardo's speed and deft little flick away from him, 3 match ban is enough imo.

It's a contact sport after all and injuries no matter how severe are an unfortunate thing.

http://www.footytube.com/2008/02/23/arsena...eduardo-injury/

Edited by Judge Mental

Match of the Day must have had a massive ratings boost last night :lol: I was out on a pub crawl last night and a HUGE pub went silent when they showed the clip followed by alot of :ill: noises!

Poor bloke now thats what i call being in pain..... :boohoo:

:ill: :ill: :lol: :ill: :lol:

Edited by Justin Haze

Words cannot describe how much I actually hate tabloids, semi smart people making the daftest people dafter. Shooting would be good if it stopped a daft story / hate campaign, like this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ticle846077.ece

Going on about death threats on him and printing that s*** at the same time, the only thing I see from that is any random training ground incident.

Is anyone here actually stupid enough to read the Sun / Daily mirror / any other ridiculous tobloid?!!

How is that stuff legal?!

MARTIN TAYLOR flies in with his studs showing again — just 45 hours after his horror tackle on Eduardo.

The Birmingham defender was training yesterday while Arsenal striker Eduardo fights to save his career.

Taylor caught the Croatian star with a bone-smashing challenge at St Andrew’s on Saturday.

But Eduardo insists he bears no grudge and said: “F**k it, that’s life in football.

"I forgive Martin. It hurt like hell but I’m fine now. I know he didn’t do it on purpose.

Is anyone else reeeeeally p***ed off and ashamed to be 'british' by the wording there by the nations biggest tabloid?!

"Flies in" !!!!

Its a f***ing tackle, argh, the article is worse than the initial tackle.......

An excellent example of how a photo can be manipulated by placing it in a different context than the one which it was originally taken. It happens with visual images and film particularly - because it has no text, you can add a voiceover or in this case envelope it in a text-based context and make any story you like out of it! :D

today i read in the news , taylor was given only 3 games suspension

i think that kind of action should be punished by at least 2 months....

what do you think ??? eduardo would miss important arsenal game's and also the Euro ...

he was doing great and this happens..

what do you think ??? eduardo would miss important arsenal game's and also the Euro ...

To be fair though, when you look back at it, there doesn't seem to be any malicious intent in the tackle - it was more a case of clumsyness rather than brute force and ignorance.

Worse tackles have gone in with less serious inuries - Eduardo was just unfortunate that his boots stuck into the mud.

I think a short ban is fair enough for being clumsy, but they can't do any more than that. If players had lengthy bans for being clumsy, then Emile Heskey would never get a game.

I agree. He didn't go in two-footed, Eduardo was simply too quick for him I think.

In the last World Cup I remember some players being automatically booked for two-footed tackles regardless even if the other player jumped out the way - and I think that's right, because if not we would definitely have more broken legs and possibly career-ending injuries.

Yep, like I said in the above comment with a link to the video, I think the suspension for the red card is all he deserves.

Alex McLeish was pretty much bang on with his interview on Sky Sports News I reckon, and pretty much everyone including Eduardo and Wenger agree's with that.