2000-07-08 - Judge Jules, Live from the Radio 1 Love Parade, Leeds (Part 1)

FuzzY-LogiC

2000-07-08 - Judge Jules, Live from the Radio 1 Love Parade, Leeds (Part 1)

View File

BBC Radio 1

Saturday, 8th July 2000

5:00pm - 5:30pm

Live from the Serious float at The Radio 1 Love Parade, Leeds

01. Storm - 'Time To Burn' [Data]

02. Da Hool - 'Eichelrück' (MG Remix) [Additive]

03. Hi-Gate - 'Caned & Unable' [incentive]

04. Wicked Phunker - 'Jungle Boogie' (Black Legend vs. J Reverse Mix) [Rise]

05. Zombie Nation - 'Kernkraft 400' [Transk]

06. Angelic feat. Amanda O'Riordan - 'It's My Turn' [serious]

Saturday, 5:00pm - 5:30pm

Live from the Serious float at The Radio 1 Love Parade, Leeds

01. Storm - 'Time To Burn' [Data]

02. Da Hool - 'Eichelrück' (MG Remix) [Additive]

03. Hi-Gate - 'Caned & Unable' [incentive]

04. Wicked Phunker - 'Jungle Boogie' (Black Legend vs. J Reverse Mix) [Rise]

05. Zombie Nation - 'Kernkraft 400' [Transk]

06. Angelic feat. Amanda O'Riordan - 'It's My Turn' [serious]

Am I right or wrong in saying that there was also another broadcast by Jules a bit later on?

Well, Jules deffo says that this broadcast is from the Serious float. I'm 95% sure I saw him on the main stage. The floats, IMO, were pretty rubbish.

EDIT: Well, after listening to it, Jules mentions broadcats from other floats, but nothing about his later set. I'm guessing he played the main stage, but R1 didn't broadcast it. A real shame :(

WHat was Jules' Mrs up to?!?! Possibly the worst live vocals ever :D The crowd were better than she was :mrgreen:

Edited by bigsteve

Am I right or wrong in saying that there was also another broadcast by Jules a bit later on?

This seems to ring a bell. If it did happen it was broadcast by Radio 1 at a strange time.

Yeah I'm 99.9% confident that Jules played the main stage. There was a Trade stage at the opposite side of Roundhey Park. I have a tape recording of Darren Emerson, Seb Fontaine & Erick Morillo were Pete Tong thanks Judge Jules so I guess that's for his set on the main stage. Like I say, I'm sure he played Jonah during this set.

• 1 month later...
yep he did play the main stage as i was there too and indeed there was a trade stage too. I remember as i lost my mate in the madness at that event, great day tho.cant remember what he played tho

Yeah, he was on the main stage - got some of it on tape. Also if you ever see the video to fegies mix of meet her at the love parade Jules can be seen on the main stage with those other djs already mentioned.

• 1 year later...

True, Jules was also broadcasted from the mail R1 soundstage.

I got his 28minutes broadcast, but I am unsure where I got it from, so Glenn, if it's from you, please let me know and you shall be credited as the uploader :)

It's upped here (set from Mainstage): http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?showtopic=6219

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, djstyleee said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I was there and sure he had two versions of sandstorm playing and looping the break. Or am I confusing this event with another? 

No worries! :)

The set you're mentioning is Jules' set at Homelands the same year:  2000-05-27 - Judge Jules, Homelands, Winchester

Grab it here:  http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/topic/4745-2000-05-27-judge-jules-homelands-winchester/

The recording sounds a bit weird around the 'Sandstorm' juggle as it sounds like one of the turntables only comes properly out of the right and the other comes out of both left and right.

However the microphone and jingle audio comes out of both channels as well, so... it sounds like they fixed it after "you gotta believe". :)

• 2 years later...