1999-11-26 - Judge Jules, Studio Session

Simcut

08. Paganini Trax - 'Zoe' (Timo Maas Remix) [sony Music Entertainment UK]

I managed to purchase an mp3 of this in 320k this week. Glad to have it as it evaded my vinyl grasps back in the day.

I mean this is an awesome show, pretty much my favourite, made all the more my favourite by me getting a mention on it too.

Whereabouts in it did you get a mention! This is great, I didn't realize :)

This really picks up half way through for me. Initially looks great although lulls a bit around Hani (...curiously have that trailing into some sounds I preferred-good to see where it came from though). Might need to give it more of a listen . But how fantastic to again ID tracks, in this case notably GD 's Choral Reef and Delerium's Heavens Earth....bliss! And rounded off with a nice little mix too.

Know the buzz too when you get a mention. In our case it was down tools and dance - we were at work...:lol: !...And if I hadn't sent a piss taking cartoon we might have got something more refined 'dedicated' to us....we got Loop Da Loop's Hazel...:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 months later...

What a set list! '99 and 2000 were, in my opinion, the best years for trance music. So many original tracks were banged out during that time....

This one brings back the memories for me. I remember searching everywhere to get a copy on vinyl...

05. The Conductor & The Cowboy - 'Feeling This Way' [serious]

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite enjoying this show gotta be said, have a bit of time on my hands so i'm trying to plug some gaps for 1998/99.

That 'Drugs Are Bad' track is bringing back some memories, I remember me and my mates quoting a lot of stuff from the South Park Film at school back then. The teachers also knew what we were getting at too!

The last tune by Bug is immense.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice one! 't was the only time I wrote in, an unmissable A4 pic . Since joining site have come across a Chrissie 'shout'...around June 06 biggrin.gif

Yeah Chrissie gets it quite regularly! wink.gif

LOL, only just seen this post. Jules also had me talking to him on his Radio 1 show, l was going to see him that night @ Baraccuda in Newquay. l was on air just before the final mix and must admit it was a scary experience! l must dig out the cassette and upload the show, happy days :)

• 10 months later...

This show is highly recommended. An excellent precursor to the outstanding Essential Mix Jules would deliver in December of that year which is well worth a download.

GD - Choral Reef and Raph Fridge - Angel are my stand out selections from this studio session. That said, I am a huge fan of Starfighter - Apache (Hi-Gate Remix) which encroaches nicely towards techno. The Samuel L Session track is also a great choice.