Darren Tate - Special Mix

Aza

Hey all.

Like I have done with Marco V and Steve Murano tracks, I will be dedicating a tribute mix to one of the most musically talented trance producers, Darren Tate (all tribute mixes feature artists who've been influential).

Because I like to share all my audio efforts with you for aural entertainment, I would like to involve you all in this process.

I'm sure Darren Tate (under one pseudonym or another) has had one track that resonantes a great deal with you. Please could you post your favourite Darren Tate track and I will collate these and put together a special mix. Your track can be any production of Darren's (under any guise; Orion, Jurgen Vries, DT8 Project to name but a few) or remix (although I would prefer own productions for authenticity).

I would very much like as many board members to contribute as possible and no doubt it would be interesting to see the results. Hopefully the finished article will be something we can all enjoy together!

Thank You :)

I used to love DT8 - 'Destination' when it came out... I managed to find a dub mix of it but either mix would be fine for me :)

Looking forward to this, Aza.

This is one of my favourites, ("Destination") which l have on vinyl.

Ill have to look through the t/l and see which ones l like best. I like most of his stuff.

A double request which sees this a pretty top rated tune and especially included!

Chrissie, I once had the vinyl too (back in the old days of my vinyl dj :)), from memory I think the woody van eyden and the BK mix were on there. I think I'll stick with the vocal for us!

That's in there already! That was one of the first tunes that really got me into Trance - I recall it was one of the main reasons why I bought Jules' first Clubbed CD :)

Cheers for all your contributions thus far; all noted and will be duly featured!

Hey all

I’ve hit a bit of dilemma and want to put it forward to you guys because I believe this matters; I’ve valued your inputs thus far and want to honour them as best I can. Essentially I have too many good tunes (and too difficult to sacrifice) in my mix to fit on my usual 80min mix, which enables you to fit it on an audio CD (despite in this day and age of MP3 and various devices, the audio CD still matters?). I won’t reveal spoilers or possible disappointers, but not all tracks can feature at present (not just the tunes posted on here, text requests have come through too!!).

I will be able to fit everything most definitely in a 2 hour set mix, but sacrifices will have to be made if it’s the 80 min version.

What do you all think? If you can reply to this post I would be grateful and as much as I would like to apply the Immanuel Kant approach (best for all or nothing), to this, Utilitarianism will have to suffice and we go for the greater good.

Thank you again and I look forward to whipping this beauty up!

I see what you mean Aza, 80 min mixes are great for burning as audio CDs but obviously if it's a 2 hour mix we can't do that.

Having said that, if there is the material to produce a nice 2 hour mix, then that'd be great.... but what do others think?