Pound or Euro

Quadrant

What currency should the UK have?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You all know my views. I want to know yours, and why! :P

I also don't like the £2 coin because we all know it is a Euro design in disguise :twisted:

Edited by Quadrant

I say that we should have the Euro. I don't mind change at all and for people like myself who work in Europe it would make life a whole lot easier and I wouldn't lose as much money having to change money occassionally. There are numerous other reasons such as getting rid of sterling will also get rid of sterling overvaluations which would give Britain more control over the economy. A lot of the reasons affect trading and businesses more than individual consumers which is why I believe some people who don't understand it jump on the patriotic bandwagon.

Just a couple of views!

With the amount of Turkish immigrants coming over, I think it'd be wiser to change to Turkish lira - otherwise they'll find our currency offensive.... :P

Either way though, I couldn't really give a monkeys. I like the pound because its what i'm used to and i'm patrotic, but we're the odd country out now - and its a pain in the arse having to waste a lunch time at work to pop out to change currency whenever i'm popping abroad.

Every time I go to Leicester, I need to take foreign currency.....

Keep the pound please! A quid is a proper coin and you know it when you have it in your hand. Euro's are like play money or something!

I don't really study in depth the financial pro's & con's as it isn't something that interests me. I just like having the pound fos heritage sake.

I'm quite divided on this. I like the idea of a single currency, but having used the Euro myself for most of the last year (whilst living in Spain) I have to admit that the Euro coins in particular don't have the same quality, history, or feel about them as the Pound. As Uber said above, a quid is a proper coin, can't beat it! :D

The piddly euro 'cents' are bloody annoying as well, most of them smaller than our 5p coin. Cheap & nasty!

I am also from Ireland and from personal experiences I can tell you that there is no lasting in the euro....For example, 50euro's seem to evaporate as soon as you break them in a shop or pub.....Ireland seems alot dearer with the euro also...Keep the pound...there is so much price variation among the euro states that makes the single currency pointless!!!!

• 6 months later...