Jules R1 19/04/08

JasonB

Julien Hox & Didark - Fresh Air (Bonzai)

Chris De Seed – Falcon (Selecta)

Kristine Blond - Loveshy [Allan King Mix] (White Label)

Alex M.O.R.P.H. - Walk On The Edge (High Contrast)

Johnny Crockett - Festival 54 (Fudge/Spinnin’)

AJS - Shot Me In The Balls (White Label)

Global Warming – Far & Away [Wandii Mix] (Moonrising)

Wandii On The Phone

3 Tracks Back To Back

Cosmic Gate - A Day That Fades [shifted Reality Mix] (Black Hole)

DJ Subnautic – Sunrise

Veracocha - Carte Blanche [Cosmic Gate Mix] (White Label)

DJ Wag - Feeling Good (Traffic Tunes)

Twocker – Chopper (Vacation Records)

Marco V On The Phone

RD Audio – Sunhump (White Label)

Airwave - Urban Toureg (Banshee Worx)

Mr Sam Vs Human Resource – Dominator (Appia/Black Hole)

Wavetraxx - Beach Strings (Joyride)

MW - Another Summit (White Label)

Marcel Woods On The Phone

Marcel Woods In The Mix – Recorded Live At The Arches, Glasgow

Tracklisting Unavailable

The Recovery Record – Tall Paul’s Choice

Floetry – Floetic (Dreamworks)

No jules along with A&B is playing the awfulcosmic gate mix of Carte Blanche, how can this be doing the damage?well to peoples ears and mind more like ! bloodey crappage!

Also newmix of Love Shy, yawn justa electroed up E Boutique vocalmix, its alright but really needed?!!!

Edited by JasonB

Nice to see Sam's new track going down well, new mixes of 'Carte Blanche' having nothing on the original, real shame that so many classics are being re-visited & the originals very very rarely get matched or anywhere close

I think it's disgraceful they're touching Carte Blanche. Bloody germans!

Also sirs, you have to think of their reasoning behind choosing an undisputable Trance classic to remix; why choose such a track? Because everyone knows the trance today doesn't match the quality of 1999. End of. So by cashing in on an already successful tune, they will no doubt reap in the cash as Positiva snaps it up and puts it on all the new compilations coming out at Christmas. :(

I think it's disgraceful they're touching Carte Blanche. Bloody germans!

Also sirs, you have to think of their reasoning behind choosing an undisputable Trance classic to remix; why choose such a track? Because everyone knows the trance today doesn't match the quality of 1999. End of. So by cashing in on an already successful tune, they will no doubt reap in the cash as Positiva snaps it up and puts it on all the new compilations coming out at Christmas. :(

It's been remixed as part of the continued remixes of the old Vincent de Moor tracks on the label 'More Moor' expect to see loads of his other tracks re-appearing :(

plus the equally p[ointlessMarcus Schssow re-rub.

Hellthey might as well've got Chavhunter to remix it!

I'm not a fan of the Schossow mix but it was still pretty good hearing Niklas play it out last month, that piano line is still one of the most awe inspiring pieces of music ever

I quite like the Cosmic Gate remix. OK, so its not as good as the one from back in the day - but its a nice alternative.

I thought the Marcel Woods mix was superb. A bit predictable, but really energetic! Jules's essential mix was supurb too - the best i've heard for ages.

Does anyone else feel that Jules is at his best when he sticks to one style throughout? - his set flowed really well for a change because he wasn't crossing over from tech, to Trance, to electro, and back again. He played quite Trancey in his essential mix and it really paid off. If Jules played sets like this continually, he'd get back into my top 5 DJ's again - and possibly even number 1. Cracking set!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the tracklisting for Jules's essential mix. The first tune he played was one i've had on my wants list for ages. It was on a CD he mixed a couple of years ago called 'Trance Nation Electric' for MoS. It was then titled 'Scorpion - Fire'. I never managed to track the tune down - the most I ever found out was that 'Scorpion' was a guise of JDS. Hopefully, Jules playing it again is a sign that its being released - so i'm intrigued to see what the tune is titled now.

Edited by Briggsy

Jules was good on the essential mix. I stayed up to listen to this even though i had to be at work for 0600hrs today. I'm feeling f***ed now but, very good. Still not convinced over Barry Connell. But Marcel Woods was brilliant. That Kicks Like A Mule bootleg is cracking.

The RD Audio "Sunhump" track is good too, you can never go wrong with that vocal. Richard Durand is such a consistent producer right now. I really liked the audio bullys bootleg he did a few weeks back.

I quite like the Cosmic Gate remix. OK, so its not as good as the one from back in the day - but its a nice alternative.

I thought the Marcel Woods mix was superb. A bit predictable, but really energetic! Jules's essential mix was supurb too - the best i've heard for ages.

Does anyone else feel that Jules is at his best when he sticks to one style throughout? - his set flowed really well for a change because he wasn't crossing over from tech, to Trance, to electro, and back again. He played quite Trancey in his essential mix and it really paid off. If Jules played sets like this continually, he'd get back into my top 5 DJ's again - and possibly even number 1. Cracking set!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the tracklisting for Jules's essential mix. The first tune he played was one i've had on my wants list for ages. It was on a CD he mixed a couple of years ago called 'Trance Nation Electric' for MoS. It was then titled 'Scorpion - Fire'. I never managed to track the tune down - the most I ever found out was that 'Scorpion' was a guise of JDS. Hopefully, Jules playing it again is a sign that its being released - so i'm intrigued to see what the tune is titled now.

Thought jules set was the best I've heard in ages also!! mixing and tune selection were all TOP NOTCH!! played alot of new stuff too cant wait to see the tracklist for it!! Thought Barry was very good and all, his mixing is flawless and interesting!! looks like he's set to be the new eddie :lol: :lol:

Thought jules set was the best I've heard in ages also!! mixing and tune selection were all TOP NOTCH!! played alot of new stuff too cant wait to see the tracklist for it!! Thought Barry was very good and all, his mixing is flawless and interesting!! looks like he's set to be the new eddie :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I wish Jules was like this all the time. I wonder why it is why he's so inconsistent? This was just like Jules of old!

Briggsy quoted.

Jules also played Scorpion- "Fire" on his show last week (12th April) which was listed as "Unknown" - Scorpio (White Label). I thought this tune sounded familiar as it was a fav of mine at the time and still sounds good now.

Edited by Chrissie Brown

he's not using Ableton is he? I've noticed lately how much better his mixing seems to have got.

No, still CD's. I think if Jules ever changes, he'll go down the Serato route though because this is the method he seems to favour. He mentions in his diary now and again that he still wonders if he'll go down this route one day. He mentioned it again this week, because he saw Simon Patterson using it (he's just moved to Serato).

Jules also played Scorpion- "Fire" on his show last week (12th April) which was listed as "Unknown" - Scorpio (White Label). I thought this tune sounded familiar as it was a fav of mine at the time and still sounds good now.

Thats interesting! Reckon it's finally being released? I hope so - I love it! A nice breakbeat-trancer.

have to say, i've now gone onto Serato - and i'm extremely impressed/happy with it. I'm dying to upload a mix but my broadband isnt setup (i'm due to move into my own house soon) but once its sorted i will.

I had CDJ's but missed the vinyl feel and of course, being able to play my old vinyl. Serato is bloody good, stable, easy to use and doesnt use to much processing power. The best thing is, you have total control of the music, Serato doesnt do anything for you. The only downer to it is all the cables. Mines all nice and tidy now, i just need a laptop stand.

I tell ya, once you've used Serato, you'll not go back to CDJ's...though you can use Serato with CDJ's ;)

hello Chrissie it was verry hard to find out but after find out how is the artist my mate Mike Walker how is the maker of

MW - Another Summit :boohoo: told me it is JDS

the record calls

JDS - Scorpio (Punk Funk Records 2008)

http://de.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/309996-...p;highlight=jds

i remember jules palys this a cuple of jears before

but why not mp3 release :huh:

post-128-1208688135_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I wish Jules was like this all the time. I wonder why it is why he's so inconsistent? This was just like Jules of old!

Ironic you should say that, sire! The Jules of old was also inconsistent. Nothing's changed!

I'll probably buy it too as its such a good tune. I do have it on the Trance Nation Electric (mixed by Judge Jules) CD which l have been listening to today. IMO this CD has lots of other great tunes on there so l've enjoyed listening to them all again.

I've been looking at this T/L today and l've just noticed that we don't have the tunes that Marcel Woods played in his mix.

Just to get the ball rolling again l recognised a few of the tunes he played, "Advanced", Three Drives -"Greece 2000" Ronski Speed- "The Space We Are" and one that mentions the words "The Weekend Has Arrived" which I have heard fairly recently on Jules's show.

Edited by Chrissie Brown

I've been looking at this T/L today and l've just noticed that we don't have the tunes that Marcel Woods played in his mix.

Just to get the ball rolling again l recognised a few of the tunes he played, "Advanced", Three Drives -"Greece 2000" Ronski Speed- "The Space We Are" and one that mentions the words "The Weekend Has Arrived" which I have heard fairly recently on Jules's show.

The Ronski Speed tune was Rex Mundi vs Ronski Speed - The Perspective Space (Markus Schulz Mash-Up). Quite surprised to hear Marcel playing that - its not normally the style i'd associate with him.

Marcel also played his new one "On Fire" (Original Mix) - which is the one with the vocals saying "The Weekend Has Arrived". Once i've heard the mix again, I should be able to ID most of Marcel's - I like him and his style :D