judge jules and barry connell

Craig

Judge Jules tracklisting

1.JDS- Scorpio

2.TRIBALLA ft ANDREW FORCE- Nothing ever

3.A&N PROJ- Just when (Dj Mog & Phil Crawf mix)

4.VAN RIEL & HUININK- Minimal symphony

5.FUTURE DISCIPLE- 28 days later

6.SIMON PATTERSON- Smack

7.FIRST STATE v SIMON PATTERSON- Bulldozer in sierra Nevada

8.BIFFY CLYRO- Machines (Charlie G & Vandal mix)

9.AKESSON- Sunchaser

10.ERNESTO & BASTIAN- Super Jupiter

11.JUDGE JULES- Laid bare

12.WARRIOR- If you want me 2008

Download Judge Jules's set:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...?showtopic=4147

Download Barry Connell's set:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...?showtopic=4150

Judge Jules tracklisting

1.JDS- Scorpio

2.TRIBALLA ft ANDREW FORCE- Nothing ever

3.A&N PROJ- Just when (Dj Mog & Phil Crawf mix)

4.VAN RIEL & HUININK- Minimal symphony

5.FUTURE DISCIPLE- 28 days later

6.SIMON PATTERSON- Smack

7.FIRST STATE v SIMON PATTERSON- Bulldozer in sierra Nevada

8.BIFFY CLYRO- Machines (Charlie G & Vandal mix)

9.AKESSON- Sunchaser

10.ERNESTO & BASTIAN- Super Jupiter

11.JUDGE JULES- Laid bare

12.WARRIOR- If you want me 2008

Best tune of the year so far that. Brilliant stuff. A very good mix this, need to get a downlaod on the site!

Edited by Moonman

Barry Connell

Ernesto Vs Bastian - 'Thrill' [John O'Callaghan Remix / Barry's Bashed Up Edit] (High Contrast)

Timmy and Tommy - 'Full Tiltin' [Joint Opperations Centre Remix] (Full Tilt)

Powersweep - 'Add More Balls' [Dj Choose Remix]’ (Discover Dark)

Bryan Kearney - 'More To Life' (Discover Dark)

Dark Alliance - 'Genetic' (Ghoststyle 2)

Wehbba & Christian Fischer - 'In A Daze' (Soul Access)

JOC - 'Rotterdam' [bryan Kearney Remix] (Doorn)

Michal Poliak - 'World Republic' [Peppelino Remix] (Relic)

Paul Webster - 'Cut Off' (Armada)

Peetu S - 'Drowned' (Discover Dark)

Laurent Garnier - 'The Man With The Red Face' [bryan Kearney and Barry Connell's Ressential Mix] (CDR

Phlash - 'Frantic Theme' [bryan Kearney Remix] (CDR)

John O'Callaghan Featuring Audrey Gallagher - 'Big Sky' [Agnelli & Nelson Remix] (Armada)

Barry Connell - 'Frizzbomb' (CDR)

Mekk - 'Resistance' (Discover Dark)

The firts 10 minutes of Barrys set boredmetoomany efefctes and or fafing about, it wasjuts pointlessnoise to me hell I'drather listen to white noise!

Edit:it wasnt that badbut just notmy cuppa especially after Jule's set of trance.

Jules set was excellent.

Edited by JasonB

Mark Knight & Funkagenda have remixed it too. Their version is really quite sublime. Yes, a few tracks Barry plays are mashups.

I really disagree with you here mate. I was so dissapointed by the Knight & Funkagenda remix, it had potential but it's pretty dull. Jan Driver Remix owns any other version imo

is the warrior track played by jules at the end, a new rework?? or has he revived a classic!?

i thought it sounded fresher and bit diff but its hard to tell and i dont have the old version anymore! im sure i sold it to bjorn!!

The firts 10 minutes of Barrys set boredmetoomany efefctes and or fafing about, it wasjuts pointlessnoise to me hell I'drather listen to white noise!

Edit:it wasnt that badbut just notmy cuppa especially after Jule's set of trance.

Jules set was excellent.

My feelings exactly. Maybe Barry just isnt playing the sound i like. He's talented no question. But i dont think he's about to take on Eddie just yet.

Tom, you're right, the Jan Driver mix is probably the best version, but boy, that Mark Knight & Funkagenda version is good. I really, really like it. For me, that is a very atmospheric tune in its original format, and they have spaced it out even further. It's what i like to call "a moment". That said, you can't really mess a tune like "man with the red face" up, such is its quality though.

Fair amount of tracks spun in an hour from Mr Connell
I thought a few of them were Bootys?

Barry edited alot of the tracks featured so he could fit in as many as he could in one hour. None were mashups, although it may sound that way.......all the tracks featured were all mixed live from Barry. I was there on the night & I thought Jules's set was excellent, he played some good tunes prior to his 1 hour essential mix aswell. I really liked Barrys set; I know alot of folk don't like the overkill on the FX & find it unesscessary at times which is totally understandable, but I beg to differ......I'm a fan of people using effects etc. in their sets at the appropriate times.

I like to see a DJ busy behind the decks, showcasing their ability & putting a bit of energy into it. Although everyone may not be a fan, Barrys DJ'ing skills seemed to have payed off for him. I'm well chuffed that he pulled it off coz I know he was really nervous prior to the night.

C'moan the Scotts!!!

I know alot of folk don't like the overkill on the FX & find it unesscessary at times which is totally understandable, but I beg to differ......I'm a fan of people using effects etc.

I like the use of effects too - if they're done properly. Eddie and Barry Connell using effects sound good, Jules using effects sounds terrible. It should be illegal for Jules to use the loop feature :lol:

Barry Connell played a belting track 15 minutes in with an odd vocal sample in it. I'd love to know what it was.

The vocal says something like "i know you want it, keep it going, you gotta have it, we gonna use it, dont lose it, feel the music" or something like that. Very good tune, i'd be interested to know what it is. It could be the Dark Alliance track, but i've no way of checking...HELP!

Barry Connell played a belting track 15 minutes in with an odd vocal sample in it. I'd love to know what it was.

The vocal says something like "i know you want it, keep it going, you gotta have it, we gonna use it, dont lose it, feel the music" or something like that. Very good tune, i'd be interested to know what it is. It could be the Dark Alliance track, but i've no way of checking...HELP!

Yes mate it's 'Dark Alliance - Genetic'

Quality tuneage that gets a regular spin on my CDJ's. Surprised you don't know this one as it's been a major track since it's release in 2004. Guess there are always a few tracks that slip the radar. Dark Alliance is a Fred Baker & Greg Nash alias. Fred Baker's style definitely shows in this track. :)