"News that amuses" thread

Quadrant

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find!!

He attacked a trend of giving children bizarre names, citing several examples.

Officials had blocked Sex Fruit, Keenan Got Lucy and Yeah Detroit, he said, but Number 16 Bus Shelter, Violence and Midnight Chardonnay had been allowed.

That is almost unreal!!

My name is mangled brown fence-post but people call me Manny!! LOL Bloody Divs breeding!

Edited by Number 2 fan

• 2 weeks later...

article-0-0243A465000005DC-912_468x718.jpg

She's hardly shy LOL. Apparently one of the things on her myspace hobbies is "doing comedians with tattoos" :D

Didn't think it was all that bad, and can't believe for the life of me that Gordon Brown had a comment yesterday. Bet 99% of the people that complained don't listen to either show anyways.

What were Ross and Brand doing phoning such a has-been. They were intent on causing grief because the girl above had split up with Brand.

I agree the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion. 18000+ complainers, a week after the show aired? Give me a break.

Quite pleased they have been suspended. Ross is not worth 60,000 licence fee payer's money.

Brand has now resigned from the BBC. Lets hope Ross follows suit as he was the first one who talked about the subject. If anyone hasn't read the transcript, here's a few quotes:

Message one: As Brand begins to leave a message, Ross blurts out: "He f***ed your granddaughter... I'm sorry I apologise. Andrew, I apologise, I got excited, what can I say - it just came out.

Brand replies: "Andrew Sachs, I did not do nothing with Georgina - oh no, I've revealed I know her name. Oh no, it's a disaster."

Ross goes on to say: "If he's like most people of a certain age, he's probably got a picture of his grandchildren when they're young right by the phone. So while he's listening to the messages, he's looking at a picture of her about nine on a swing..."

Message three: The message opens with Ross saying: "She was bent over the couch..."

Probably not, but that's not the point as far as I am concerned. The content of their show isn't the issue, it's the infringement of the civil liberties of the guy who was phoned up without consent.

Well it's terrible IMO. Russell and many other people have had lots of sex I'm sure without their grandads being rung up and told about it. PUBLICLY!!

INNIT!

I'm unemplyed atm anyway and managing to run my home and family on a budget that would make your eyes water, so this credit crunch means nothing to me, except I have less to be jealous of other people for.

(before anyone moans, I am NOT on benefit of any sort thankyou)

• 2 weeks later...

Inmate escapes German jail in box

This reminds me of the joke from Memphis Bell about the pilot shot down over German territory during the second world war. He manages to bail out with his parachute but breaks both of his legs in the fall. In the POW camp, the German doctors inform him that one of his legs must be amputated. He asks if they can drop his leg in a friendly base on a bombing run, to which they agree. A week later he needs the other leg chopped off, and similarly makes the same request which they honour. Another week passes and he has to get his arm amputated, once more asking it to be dropped off in England. This time the doctor returns: 'Nein! Dis vee can do no more!" The POW asks why... "Vee think you are trying to escape!"

:lol: I love jokes you dad would find funny!

• 2 months later...