Pioneer DJM 500/600

Aza

Right then chaps.....

So I know what I need to save I need to decide on a mixer out of those subjected above.

I understand that the 500 does not have a cue split and not as many FX as its elder brother.

There is a nifty £100 difference in price. :roll:

tough decision mate, ive had a look and theres some other small differences:

- thr 500 has no record output (kinda important huh - can't believe this!)

- the 500 has lower db levels for the min/max eq's (than the 600)

- the 600 has crossfader curve control

- the 600 also has the sampler which the 500 does not!

Hmm, without knowing this i would go for the 500 as its about £130 cheaper, but the lack of record feature is a bit poo. still - theres ways around this usuing some spliter cable. TBH about effects i never use mine really o nm y mixer, but it individual preferance i suppose. HArd to call, depends how much money u have aza, hehe :D

Hope that helps mate

P.S just got the cds, thanks mate!

Cheers guys, big help there!

Bjorn mate I think a recording output feature is essential init! Cant be arsed with all that splitter stuff.

I think with the difference's identified there, the 600 is definately worth going for. Just gotta find a nice cheap place now for "www.decks.co.uk" to price matcha and beat (same with the cd-j's if any of you know where to get em cheap ;))

Also a feature that I use is "cue mix" in the heaphones, which the 500 doesnt have :roll:

yeah man, 600 all the way - whatst he cue mix? i think i have this on my mixer - its a knob that u twist at one end is whatever is cued (by press the monitor button for a channel) and the other end is the master so in between is a mix??!

Lol!

cue mix is where you sort get the track out on master slightly blended in with the track you wish to mix in if you get me. I usually use this feature just as I am about to bring in the mix to make sure its spot on!

By the way. I once hada mate in Cardiff who invested in a 600 and not only the amazing features, but just the sound quality produced by the mixer is in a different league, you can really notice when you bend the bass and treble etc........ 8-)

Archived