Favourite version of Energy 52-Cafe Del Mar

JasonB

What is your favouirite version of Cafe Del Mar  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simply vote for your favourite version and explain why.

I was stuck between Three'n' One( aka original Three'n' One) Mix, Nalin & Kane and JOOF.

The first version I heard was the DJ Kid Paul Mix on Logic Trance 2 which my uncle bought in 95, I didnt think much of it at all. Then in 98 on club mix 98 vol 3 I heard the Three'N One Mix, woosh what a track, loved it,, transformend a average original into a monster anthem.

N&K's Mix, the first time I heard this was when Sasha played it at creamfields in 98, I can remember it vividly in the early hours, the magic of this remix, still love it loads today.

JOOf's mix, well fantastic Kick great buildup and progression.

A tough to pick from those three but....... JOOF's one takes elements fro the Three'N One mix and shoves a rocket up its ass so I've voted for that.

Let voting and discussions commence :)

I always thought the main melody of this was a bit of a let-down at the end of the phrase, not sure why! Almost as if you expecting something more, and it just sort of fizzles out, and starts again. Don't want to slate a classic though, sounds tremendous in a club.

Three 'N One update mix for me, no question, although I admit I have not heard the Hybrid remix who usually do a good job.

Yeh Three N One for me too, its just such a timeless classic, i don't think any tune makes you think of Ibiza as much as this one. Powerful, emotional & euphoric music at its best :wub:

I went for the Solar Stone mix, I have it somewhere on, i think, Bonzai Recs. I got kind of sick of the Three 'N One mix real quick. Not taking anything away from the Three 'N One mix, it is a classic and rightly so. It's just i prefer the Solar Stone mix.

Solar Stone mix sounds dated now, I'd love to see them re-do it as it would be amazing. Still good though and I vote for the Three 'N One remix.

I think in hindsight it was overplayed back in the day, along with Greece 2000 which was also another timeless classic!

Three n One Mix easily for me, still one of my all time favourites. I remember first hearing it on an advert for Ministry of Sound's Ibiza Annual '98, it sounded magnificent & I brought the compilation based upon hearing that one song on the ad.

Though I'd been a casual follower of Jules & Tong via Radio 1, buying that compilation really got me into house & trance

Edited by TomBailey

Solar Stone mix sounds dated now, I'd love to see them re-do it as it would be amazing. Still good though and I vote for the Three 'N One remix.

I think in hindsight it was overplayed back in the day, along with Greece 2000 which was also another timeless classic!

I think it's overplayed now more than anything. When it was released in 1998, it was played a lot, but no more than Stardust, or any other of the summer tunes from 1998.

I'm still surprised at how much it still gets played out. OK it's a timeless classic, but then so are a lot of other tunes IMO and I haven't heard them played out since their release.

I voted for Three N One remix. None of the others come close and i have good memories of being in Gatecrasher of this tune.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for dragging this thread back up but 16 votes doesnt tie in with the amount of people that have replied explaining their choice, justa couple of lines explanation wouldve been fine,just shows some people wont even take the time todo that!