FAO those who have CD decks

Neuro

I am very curious to compare the sound quality of a vinyl with the pitch increased or decreased with that of a CD of the same track with the speed increased or decreased...

For those who have them and have the musical ear to compare, do CDs, when they have their pitch manipulated, do so at the expense of sound quality, i.e., in the headphones under scrutiny do you ever sense the sound quality has deteriorated or has been 'squashed'? I've always wanted to know, cheers everyone :)

I has Citronic CDs-6's and sound quality wise they is tops, even with tempo lock on!- (what tempo lock does its locks onto what the track sounds like so when you pitch(or picth down) the track up it increase in playing speed with everything staying the same, the melody n that doesnt pitch up so no pitched up vocals or nowt which is quality!, noticed this feature is on some turntables these days.)

Yes I noticed one of the Stanton turntables has a tempo feature as well as pitch, but I don't undertstand how that actually works (esp with vinyl, how do they manage that?) ...I probably won't be convinced until I've heard such effects for myself...

I don't think it makes much of a difference really with pitching- sounds much the same as normal. However, the Master Tempo feature on a lot of CD decks doesn't seem right to my ears. Hard to put my finger on what it is exactly, but it just doesn’t sound righ. I've considered that I've just been imagining it - I don't think so but then again I might be! :shock:

The master tempo feature can often make the track a little stuttery, at least on my axis 9 there are periods where the tunes feels as though it´s catching up to itself. It´s hard to explain. Normally, I find the correct pitch as normal, then hit the master tempo button then so you can make small changes with the platter without any bending of pitch.

Archived