Judge Jules 30th May 2008

Burien

01. Arnej - They Always Come Back (Coldharbour Records)

02. Geert Huinink & Sied Van Riel - Minimal Symphony (Liquid)

03. Mike Walker - Another Summit (White Label)

04. Airwave feat Didier Likeng - Sunshine In Your Heart (Bonzai)

05. Madonna - 4 Minutes vs Judge Jules vs BK - Sickness (Judge Jules Mashup) (White Label)

06. Zoo Brazil – Technik (Gung Ho!)

07. Odessa Soundfreaks feat. Peppelino - Space Trolley (Original Mix) (Yin Yang Records 2008)

08. Push - Into My Sound Of Music (Universal Voice EP) (Club Elite)

09. Alex Kunnari - Lifter (Black Hole)

10. Ferry Corsten - I Love You (Flashover Records)

11. Hi-Hate - Cained & Unable (Incentive 2000)

12. Judge Jules - Electronic Snare (White Label)

13. Polymental - Chapter One (Mark Sherry's Outburst Remix) (Five Am)

14. Judge Jules - Laid Bare (Trumpet Mix) (Maelstrom Records)

15. Jaydee vs White Stripes - Unknown (Judge Jules Mashup) (White Label)

16. Judge Jules - Gotta Be Heard (White Label)

17. Ernesto vs Bastian - Super Jupiter (High Contrast)

18. Triballa - Nothing Ever feat. Andrew Force (Dub Mix) (White Label)

Audio :

http://judgejules.net/index.php?page=10

plese help id the tunes

Edited by Burien

Nice work Burien, l guessed you would do the honours by producing a tracklisting, you are so knowledgable :winkthumbsup:

BTW I also noticed that Jules has got the date wrong and it should be 30th May 2008 not 30th June 2008

That tune you referred to that Jules played on Tong's Friday show: Jaydee - Plastic Dreams vs The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army ?????????????Judge Jules Booty ???? isn't on the R1 tracklisting and was the last tune he played. I reckon it's a Jules booty as he mentions that this is the type of tune he would play at the end of a gig.

Edited by Chrissie Brown

simonross:

Last night I actually came across your tune in two 'Global' tracklists on jj.net from the 12th and 19th of April, 2008

here (listed as "Unknown - Fly To NY (White Label)"): http://www.judgejules.net/index.php?page=1...amp;display=146

and here: http://www.judgejules.net/index.php?page=1...amp;display=147

I have the show from the 12th and will send you a link for it as im sure you'd like to cut the part out with your track.

Loving the bootleg btw... it's pure hands in the air style! :)

You shouldn't be dismayed at the edits. I remember bigsteve and I were chatting to Jules at Coloursfest a few years ago and he was doing a quick interview for some DVD. In it he defended his edits, somewhat understandably saying he is impatient these days with "masturbatory" build ups which take too long (in his opinion) and so he often snips them out given that it is possible with digital files these days, unlike vinyl. Fair point I guess, but ruthless!

Thank you Burien for doing this May TL, very grateful once again.

Last night I actually came across Fly To New York in two 'Global' tracklists on jj.net from the 12th and 19th of April, 2008

For anyone else reading, I am still in need of a copy from the show broadcasted the 19th. Seems like ages ago now but the download links to the Global shows seemed to have stopped during the 'Fly To New York' period :rolleyes:

Yeah, i'm aware that Jules edits most of his tunes, and nice times out of ten, he does a very good job of it - especially his edit of Tran-4 which was far better than the original.

Most of the time though, he doesn't mention that he's edited tunes - but each time he lists 'Lifter' in a tracklist, he adds 'Judge Jules Edit' to the end, which would suggets he's done something major to it, but that doesn't appear to be the case - I'm struggling to notice the difference.

hello jsut upload correct tracklisting i hope

:blackeye:

ok jules edits verry mutch off his tunes

1st i now was last jears john gibbons beautiful filth he jsut cut 10 seconds off the breakdown and makes him mabie sounds better some of his edits are not so great he jsut do to save time in his mixes to come under 6 min ore to dont have so long breakdown most tunes i now he cut are Ayla Danny mix , Future Disciple 28 Tracks Later, bootek yeke yeke , and manny more ....

ok the two from the tracklist i found on his new global warm up tracklisting :whistling:

I remember Jules stating that by editing most of the tracks he is sent he gets a greater understanding of his music so he knows exactly what hes playing. Without edits its likely he wont here the tracks too often to begin with and will then mean hes playing unknown music into crowds which can be risky.

I hate to say this as i have always been a big supporter of Jules over the years and have always defended him but i really do think he should sort things out. Some of the mixing on this is terrible as well as some of the tracks, especially the booty he has done of laidback lukes mix of plastic dreams and the 4 minutes/sickness booty, they are simply awful. Also why does he still keep playing Lifter and Super Jupiter?

I have been dying for him to play caned and unable again for ages but the mix it is in as well as the mixing spoils it for me, maybe its because i am used to the solid track selection and mixing from the past with it in, i dont know. But the whole mix/track selection is very poor, especially when there is some cracking tracks around at the moment so why play these poor bootlegs. It goes back to what we said a while ago about Jules not supporting certain artists and labels. Take for example Greg Downey, his current tracks are immense especially his new track kingdong, which i suggest you check out if you havn't heard. Its the sort of stuff that was down Jules street of old so why does he choose to ignore? as this goes on more and more it does make you wonder if things have gone on in the background between certain Dj's and producers for them not to support their tracks? or maybe certain Producers think the likes of Jules supporting their tracks is not what they want? I guess we will never know :unsure:

Edited by Ducky

Jules plays so many bootlegs which are unfit for club standard in my opinion. I've been anti-bootlegs for a while. I've nothing against the well made ones, but unfortunately, a large percentage of bootlegs that Jules plays are poor.

I can only asume Jules plays them to have a bit of exclusivety in his set because he perhaps doesn't get tunes as upfront as Tiesto, PvD and Armin now, whereas ten years ago, Jules would have been the first DJ to recieve them.

I have often wondered why some producers don't get any support from Jules though - particularly Greg Downey, Bryan Kearney, Sean Tyas, etc.

Its quite strange because Jules has missed some tracks that would have been just his style 5 or 6 years ago, yet he surprises me by playing tunes like Arnej - They Always Come Back, which i'd never expected Jules to play because its not his usual style.

In fact, does Jules have a specific style these days? Ten years ago, he was all about bouncy, energetic tunes, harder tunes, plus the odd wacky tune - but now, he seems to cross many styles. I can't really associate Jules with a specific style now.

i thought jules made the edits purely to make an 8 minute track shorter (say about 5-6 minutes long) and to make them easier to mix in and out of - which is why you dont hear much difference.

With regards to Jules not supporting certain tunes; i think he plays the housier end of the trance spectrum, as opposed to the full on euphoric or techy style. Greg Downey, Sean Tyas, etc are not his style. For me he's always been on the harder house side of things. Bouncy but with funky undertones. He's never really been the out an out euphoric DJ like Armin or Tiesto.

I suppose we all have to accept that as time goes by, changes happen. Jules musical taste will change. Mine has since i first started DJing.

One thing i do agree on though, are the lousy bootlegs he plays. Why does he? Some of them really are woeful.

i thought jules made the edits purely to make an 8 minute track shorter (say about 5-6 minutes long) and to make them easier to mix in and out of - which is why you dont hear much difference.

With regards to Jules not supporting certain tunes; i think he plays the housier end of the trance spectrum, as opposed to the full on euphoric or techy style. Greg Downey, Sean Tyas, etc are not his style. For me he's always been on the harder house side of things. Bouncy but with funky undertones. He's never really been the out an out euphoric DJ like Armin or Tiesto.

I suppose we all have to accept that as time goes by, changes happen. Jules musical taste will change. Mine has since i first started DJing.

One thing i do agree on though, are the lousy bootlegs he plays. Why does he? Some of them really are woeful.

Yeah, i'd never have classed Jules as a Trance DJ anyway. Sean Tyas definately isn't Jules's style, but Greg Downey has done some tunes which are Jules's style - particularly Jaws. Bryan Kearney is another. A lot of his productions have a similar style to 'Pendulum' - which Jules did support.

Richard Durand was another that he didn't support much until recently - and now he plays all of his tunes. Lethal Industry was definately a Jules style tune.

I've been listening to this mix and l'm pretty sure 16. is Judge Jules - MasterBreaker and not

16. Judge Jules - Gotta Be Heard (White Label) (unless of course Jules has renamed this tune)

Does any one know as we need an accurate tracklisting for this mix. B)

Edited by Chrissie Brown

If I had the means to do it I dare say I would edit a lot of the tracks I play, it'd definately allow you to make your mixes totally unique & much more creative.

It still 'grinds my gears' (yes I watched that episode of Family Guy last night) when producers make tracks which are unreasonably tough to mix with, usually you can do so but it sounds like a f*** up.

I edit quite a lot of tunes, but mainly so that it fits in around my style. I like my intro's long and driving so that I can do nice long mixes - but now and again, you get tunes with a 64 beat intro, a mini breakdown, and then more intro. What's the point? So I edit those so that the intro's are much longer.

I also chop little bits out that kill the energy. For example, at the start of Marcel Woods - Cherry Blossom, there's a 32 beat section of just a bassline between the intro and where the tune peaks - it kills the energy that the intro built up completely, so I chopped it out completely.

I have not listened to the mix yet, but will download it later and listen tomorrow, I agree that Jules is playing alot of bootlegs recently more so than ever before, I think that is trying to establish a distinctive sound which encompasses many bootlegs

Most of the mixes I have heard recently from Jules have been quite good in general, I really enjoyed him sitting in for Pete Tong last weekend, plays alot of good house tunes also

• 2 weeks later...
01. Arnej - They Always Come Back (Coldharbour Records)

02. Geert Huinink & Sied Van Riel - Minimal Symphony (Liquid)

03. Mike Walker - Another Summit (White Label)

04. Airwave feat Didier Likeng - Sunshine In Your Heart (Bonzai)

05. Madonna - 4 Minutes vs Judge Jules vs BK - Sickness (Judge Jules Mashup) (White Label)

06. Zoo Brazil – Technik (Gung Ho!)

07. Odessa Soundfreaks feat. Peppelino - Space Trolley (Original Mix) (Yin Yang Records 2008)

08. Push - Into My Sound Of Music (Universal Voice EP) (Club Elite)

09. Alex Kunnari - Lifter (Black Hole)

10. Ferry Corsten - I Love You (Flashover Records)

11. Hi-Hate - Cained & Unable (Incentive 2000)

12. Judge Jules - Electronic Snare (White Label)

13. Polymental - Chapter One (Mark Sherry's Outburst Remix) (Five Am)

14. Judge Jules - Laid Bare (Trumpet Mix) (Maelstrom Records)

15. Jaydee vs White Stripes - Unknown (Judge Jules Mashup) (White Label)

16. Judge Jules - Master Breaker (White Label)

17. Ernesto vs Bastian - Super Jupiter (High Contrast)

18. Triballa - Nothing Ever feat. Andrew Force (Dub Mix) (White Label)

Audio :

http://judgejules.net/index.php?page=10

plese help id the tunes

I had an email from Jules today and he confirmed that no 16 is "Master Breaker" and not "Gotta Be Heard". "Gotta Be Heard" is one of Jules's tracks but its not featured on the May mix.

Edited by Chrissie Brown