Jules R1 06/06/08

JasonB

A got a copy of this 'Violet hill' bootleg aswell. I happen to think its quite good, but we all have our opinions I suppose. I heard Jules play it at Coloursfest at the weekend & it went down a storm. I think it is the type of bootleg that works well on big sound systems. A think the same goes for that 'White stripes vs. Plastic dreams' mashup Jules made; Listening to that on monitors at home didn't sound great & I didn't think it worked atall, but after hearing him play it at Coloursfest, I found myself boppen away to it, so I eat my words. It might not be the prettiest bootleg to listen to, but at the end of the day it got a good reaction with the crowd & went down well on the outdoor stage, as to did the 'Fratellis' mashup. Not everyone who goes to clubs etc. to see the big DJ's are as intouch with the music as some of of us so sometimes playing a familiar track that everyone can relate to goes along way in a set & so bootlegs are a good way of maken this happen. Am sure Ken sheehan & Will atkinson would agree with me as they were boppen away to it aswell on Saturday, if they would admit that or not is another matter, lol.

I saw Jules on Tues night @ The Barracudda Club in Newquay and he played quite a few bootlegs, which l have to admit went down really well, and l also have to admit that l can't stop humming that Coldplay SVD bootleg :redface: I have to agree that played on a decent sound system it sounds so much better than on the radio.

It was packed solid with uni students from all parts of the country who had come down to Newquay for a 5 day break and were staying on the camp site were they hold "Run to The Sun" Barracudda were hosting the "Summer Break" night.

It's a great club and Jules was on top form, the atmosphere was electric as were the tunes. They were a great crowd as most of them were dressed as rugby players and tennis players etc. so were out to have a bit of fun and so weren't out to cause any trouble.

Jules had very kindly put me on his guest list so l took a couple of my friends along with me and we had a fantastic time.

Charlie "G" followed on from Jules at 1.15 and played til 3.00 but unfortunately we only heard part of his set as l had to be in work for 6.am on Wed morning. :o

I'm still feeling really tired so l'm off to bed now as l'm up at 4.45am again tomorrow.

Edited by Chrissie Brown

Deferring back to Quadders' comment, wasn't the cut-up boys slot originally brought in to help the transition from Trevor Nelson to Jules? I used to hate the thing as it was full of [dare I say it?] commercial cheese. Yeah it was clever how they boshed it all together but it got pretty tiresome pretty fast.

Regarding bootlegs, I am in the opinion that there is definitely a place for them as the sheer novelty value of hearing a track you think you know from the intro only to be dumbfounded as to where it's going when a different track suddenly lays over the top of it is priceless. Always put's a smile on your face if it is a good quality bootleg.

A lot of the one's Jules is playing at the moment are simply awful.

Briggsy your right on this one:

Alex Morph & Rank 1's 'Life Less Ordinary' (With Delerium - Silence vocal) :rubbish: It was pants.

Edited by Uberduck