JJA Secret Santa 2008

JasonB

When should distribution commenceth  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just an idea, but would it not be a lot easier if everyone uploaded it to Megaupload or something similar and just give only Jason the relavent URL?

That way it would be a simple download, and after the comments are given, anyone can download the mix they fancy hearing because of said comments.

It would save cd's, postage, and effort, especially seen as the only way to hear a mix you didn't get would be to either do more postage, or upload it which you would be doing anyways in that case?

Just a suggestion seen as how CD's are pretty much dead these days anyways?

Megaupload etc are free and pretty fast. We probably all have better t'internet than my s***y cd burner lol.

And another point is, if you're going for a cd you're totally limited to 74 / 80 mins, where as an mp3 you don't have to spend the last bit of your mix clock watching and squeezing it in, plus its better to put on an mp3 player, cos I dunno about you guy's, but I haven't seen a cd walkman in about 5 years..... :huh:

Agree, although, Moonman stated probably the best point why we should go the CD route and that's because of its limitations; we have to think what goes on it.

Most of my website mixes are CD length for example, although I never burn them to cd, but it just gives you that element of control.

Having them available for download is probably the route I will take, however, I will (try) to limit my mix to 80mins in order to also get it on a cd. I don't know... Maybe we should introduce a vote in this poll, or our hosting coordinator, JasonB'age can maybe take a stance on this ??? :)

If you wish to upload your mix and send a link to it via pm instead of send to me via cd you are welcome to.

However, the time limit should really be CD wise so 80 minutes (or just over like 81 overburnable), it is a case of what you can do with that time rather than letting marathon sets be allowed, hopefully to encourage creativity rather than the run of the mill stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

"Liking the odd 30 secs of a tune here and there".... now that sounds familiar Sir Mental!

I have it the same way.... part of some tunes are amazing, but the rest is too cheesy, annoying or just not good at all... is Is it really time to pull out the editor and revisit the 94-95 Megamix compilations? :D

• 3 weeks later...

How's everyone getting on then? B)

I've put so much thought into this that I can't figure out where to start, lol.

Plus the fact that it kinda has to be perfect after my rant the other night about 'unorthadox tunes'

So far I have about 200 tunes I miiight play, and only 74 mins to choose some. Argh, the concept of this is brilliant.