JJA Secret Santa 2008

JasonB

When should distribution commenceth  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How's everyone getting on then? B)

I've put so much thought into this that I can't figure out where to start, lol.

Plus the fact that it kinda has to be perfect after my rant the other night about 'unorthadox tunes'

So far I have about 200 tunes I miiight play, and only 74 mins to choose some. Argh, the concept of this is brilliant.

I was going to do a rock/alternative mix, but that might not go down too well. I think i'm just gonna do my fave tunes of the year.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've done mine today. I'm really happy with it APART from the CD skipping on one tune, i dont know whether to leave it in or re record the whole mix. I like the idea of leaving it as it keeps it raw, adds to the fact i mixed fully live in one go.

I've pretty much just played my fave tunes of the year...there are some cheezers in there too :)

Its called secret Santa for a reason! no ones aying 'I'm going toilude this trackor that track' specifically but saying i've done a best of year mix just gives away yer concept, either that or yer all trying to throw us!

lol i had a few concepts actually. Berst of the year, best of a specific year, an alternative mix, a chill out mix...etc etc. But well, i may re-record it yet, i'm undecided.

• 2 weeks later...

No2Fan: a little info on the Secret Santa Mix thingie ;)

2005 Edition: (when it all started)

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...p?showtopic=298

2007: http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...hl=secret+santa

2008 (first post in this very thread): http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...?showtopic=4428

the deadline for entries is November 3rd 2008.... and i'm still nowhere getting started... gah :|

Having some proper laptop / where have I backed up all my music / Windows Vista is the most annoying thing ever when using Serato --- issues.

Still going to try my hardest to get one done, but if the worst comes to the worst will an older mix do?

Starting to remember why I liked buying vinyl so much now........ Though saying that, the only thing that actually still works properly is Serato!