JJA Secret Santa 2008

JasonB

When should distribution commenceth  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you plan your mixes? Anybody? I don't, I just choose while I'm going along otherwise it just doesn't work for me.

I DJ'd in some pubs when I was younger and I just used to look at everyone and hear the music and decide what would go well next.

I suppose I had a fair idea of what I wanted to play to people but no order.

Now no-one hears me. :(

Probably best actually!

Edited by Number 2 fan

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hm, i don't plan my livesets really..

the few times i've played in a real club it's been mainly one style (electro, drum'n bass, olskool/rave).. except for a few times were i played an electro set back2back with a mate and i added some olskool and eighties stuff. pretty funny to experiment with stuff like that when you have a crowd that ain't afraid to dance :)

when i play at school parties, it's 99% commercial stuff... too many rockheads (no offence) and pop-people, and none (very few anyway) of them like electronic.

Anyway, at these parties, I prepare a few 'peak packages' that consists of 3-5 tracks i know fits well together, but the rest of the times it's mostly my own crate-diggin' and the usual requests :rolleyes:

When i mix at home, it's almost never planned...

except for... tadaa! the Secret Santa Mix :D

Last year i had everything planned down to the tiniest second on when i should mix in & out of the tunes... it took too much time and eventually became too serious when it really just be just for fun.

So this year i have just ripped open a can of crackin' tunes and have used one recording take to test the tunes (how well they fit together).

So tonight I sorted the tracks, made a tracklist (which i didn't exactly honor completely.. ehm :D ) and mixed it... way much more fun and simple :wub:

No2 - This mix for me has had its tracklisting planned, however, when playing live sets I tend to go with a the first three tracks planned then deal with it in an impromptu manner :)

This is probably the only mix where I've taken a lot of care over absolutely everything - its prob going to be my best mixes to date - IMO :)

No GOD I'm not gonna take it so seriously at all. We're all friends here right, I aint sending it to Jules or MoS or anything, it's a christmas present.

Just get on with it!!!

Besides we're not supposed to be giving owt away about what our mixes are like. Jason told us off!

Jason, on the subject of Juno.....how crap is their packaging? last 4-5 times I've bought records from them they've used this new packaging where they use some sort of glue and put 2 bits of cardboard together....you have to tear a corner and then pull open the 2 bits of cardboard and it can cause the records inside to be bent a bit....and it doesnt protect the records inside too brilliantly.... :(