Help needed! Name for a club night - prize for winner!

Briggsy

Right chaps

A mate of mine, along with myself and Ducky are putting on a Trance night in Coventry in August.

At the moment, everything is falling into place apart from a name for the event. We're looking for a name that is short and appealing, with a bit of a ring to it, just like Gatecrasher, Godskitchen, etc.

The venue has been converted from an old fire station, and they've hinted that, if possible, they'd like us to have a name which is associated with fire in some way. At the same time, we're looking for something which sounds quite 'fierce'.

At the moment, Ducky has come up with 'Destruction', whcih I quite like. I've also suggested 'Meltdown', and 'Inferno' was also suggested (Inferno = Fire + it was an old Trance label, so it all fits together nicely).

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to leave your suggestions here for our consideration.

For your efforts, i'll put everyone that replies to this thread with a contribution, in a draw, and pick two winners out at random to win a copy of Judge Jules's new Judgement Sundays album.

Can't say fairer than that eh? ;)

I like Meltdown and Inferno... but how about Pandemonium?...

I love the definitions from the 1913 Webster dict:

1. The great hall or council chamber of demons or evil

2. An utterly lawless, riotous place or assemblage.

3. A condition of unrestrained disorder and chaotic, riotous uproar.

If that ain't fierce, I don't know what is :D

I like Meltdown and Inferno... but how about Pandemonium?...

I love the definitions from the 1913 Webster dict:

1. The great hall or council chamber of demons or evil

2. An utterly lawless, riotous place or assemblage.

3. A condition of unrestrained disorder and chaotic, riotous uproar.

If that ain't fierce, I don't know what is :D

I quite like that actually mate! Thanks for the suggestion :D

what about Funk Einsatz

no club in the world got this name and just ferrys video of punk got it ..verry good name for a club if i had the money i wil call my club like this... :redface: :wall: :smirk:

All the best with this mate, Cov is relatively local so would be bang up for checking things out once you get going.

Fire-related names are difficult mind, 'Ignition' 'Combustion' are only two relative words I can think of

Hey Briggsy

Have had a quick think about this and my pattern of thought connoted from Trance Night, which you stated at the beginning of your post.

On that note here are a few with the bold entry being my fave :)

- rapture

- seventh heaven

- cloud nine

- Dawnbreaker

- In-motion

I am also a fan of Physics and with Trance I tend to associate light (being uplifting and all that :)) and a few forces of motion, thus I 've gone with:

- Dispersion

- Friction

- Spectrum

- Momentum

I do like to give these things time to think off and go through the same process on my mixes :) All the best with that mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Club Fuse? ;) i've always thought it was a brilliant name for a club. Dave Clarke played there when Euro Dance 1997 was broadcasted back in... 97 :D

it's more assosiated with techno though.. but still a cool name.

I kinda associate an abandonded firestation with a good place for a techno club..

names poppoing up like

Savage

Club Fierce

Club Cruel

Club Kaos (danish way of writing Chaos)

Club Chaotic

Ferocious (a bit high-class club maybe?)

Club Burnout

Club Misfit

K.A.O.S.

Debris

Casque

Spitfire

Blast

Nuke

Pump (as in water-pump)

Beam (as in water beam)

EDIT: ehm, ok.. gotta be more tranzy here... (one can put Club in front of most of these)

Heaven Seven (imho, a better variation of seventh heaven)

Lifeforce

Cosmos

Decadence (or Decadent)

Evolution

Cloudy

Himalaya

Beautiful

Cheers chaps! Well, after seriously considering Briggsy's banging bash ( :P ), it looks like we've opted for half of Will Atkinson's 'Electric Emergency' suggestion. We've decided to call the night 'Emergency' because its the first name that all three of us agreed on liking, plus it fits in with the Fire Station thing, plus it rolls off the tongue quite nicely. It also allows for some interesting 'theme nights' in the future. We opted to drop the 'electric' from the title though because it tends to be associated with Electro around here, and as we're not playing electro, we didn't want to cause any confusion.

Ignite and Ignition were also suggestions we liked, but there's a club called Ignite in Coventry (plus one called Heat), so it would have been confusing for people. There were also some other good suggestions that we liked, so thanks for all your efforts guys.

Will will win (try saying that after 12 pints! :o ) a copy of Judgement Sunday's 2008 for being the winner, and i'll pick one extra winner out at random over the weekend and let you know who it is in this thread.

Will, if you PM me your address, i'll get a copy sent out to you next week :D

Edited by Briggsy

Will Atkins' were all good.

Aza's were good too!

Think Backdraft would be cool if it wasn't for the film, has a nice ring to it, albeit a little obvious.

"The Fireman's pole" would be fitting if it was a gay night.

Our old night "Inertia" I always thought was decent, especially if you think of the meaning and think of the sound giving you the inertia. I didn't come up with that however.

Just read back properly though and noticed you've decided lol.