Jules R1 June 21st

Max Kane

21 June 2008

Brian Cross – Paradise (DJ Observer Mix) (In Charge)

Daniel Wanrooy – Dominica (Black Hole)

E.Craig – Home (Chaz’s Boot) (White Label)

Will Atkinson – Slipped Disk (White Label)

Marcel Woods – Beautiful Mind 08 (High Contrast)

Trebbiano – Mulberry Harbour (Sied Van Riel Mix) (Black Hole)

Greg Downey Interview

Manson – Wide Open Space (Greg Downey Mix) (White Label)

W-Unit – Always Brazil (White Label)

Swen Webber – The Pusher (Swentraxx)

MW – Outside Mind (White Label)

U41CDJs ft SB – Generation (Dale Corderoy Mix) (White Label)

Jochen Miller – Lost Connection (Jochen Miller Remix) (High Contrast)

Marcus Schossow Interview

SVD Vs Coldplay (White Label)

02:00

John Dahlback – Changes (Abel Ramos Mix) (Pickadoll for the Plantage)

Mark Norman – Bazarus (Magik Muzik)

Off Key – Showdown (Flashover)

Mr Sam Vs T99 – Anasthasia (White Label)

Martin Roth Interview

Gianluca Motta – Not Alone (Martin Roth Mix) (Nettwerk)

Judge Jules In The Mix

Andy Tau – The Path (Infransonic)

Hybrid – Harm (Talla Mix) (Spinnin)

Mark Sherry PR Outburst – A Star Within A Star (White Label)

Future Disciple – 28 Tracks Later (Scott Attrill Remix) (White Label)

Airwave – Sunshine In Your Heart (Bonzai Trance Progressive)

Simon Patterson Interview

Sugur Ross – Samskeyti (Emi)

Taken directly from BBC, please feel free to add/correct

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall that one, but I remember that Coldplay vs SvD bootleg, which was awful. They didn't go together at all. Another fine example of a bootleg that Jules shouldn't be supporting on Radio 1.

Hi guys, nice to see feedback on my 'home' mashup, dw im not offended by the 'pointless' word used to describe it as i take constuctive critisism as a good thing :) just wondering whats pointless about it ??

Hi guys, nice to see feedback on my 'home' mashup, dw im not offended by the 'pointless' word used to describe it as i take constuctive critisism as a good thing :) just wondering whats pointless about it ??

This is the one that uses One Republic wasn't it? I missed the talk after i heard the track. I thought it was quite good, however the chorus should have been used aswell.

SVD's freebie remix of One republic is better than Chaz's jobby personally.

SvD's version was probably the worst bootleg he's ever done. He's done some decent ones in the past, but his one republic booty was dire - although to be honest, the One Republic tune was crap to start with. You can't polish a turd.

<_<

E.Craig – Home (Chaz’s Boot) (White Label)

That mashup was completely pointless IMO!!!!!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

hello k sheehan sorry for starting now saying somefign about you because i liked mostly every of your bootys (You cant think you the only and the best one) <_<

(you cant say) to every new one in the board his bootys are not good and you dont now why jules playes it , i remember your 1st ones and it was really not somefing special Compressor Shock, Tick Mode, Housefeed,,,,

i remember you say the same to my bootys to ,,but ok ,, i jsut want o say mabie jules want to give us a chance to get played ,, and is his option in the end,,, if he want to plaly the tunes ore not ?!

verry sorry for my english

All I can say is bring back the composers of original productions of Trance which were thoughtful, memorable, and created an unique atmosphere. If you've no idea what I'm on about, go an download a Jules show from 8-10 years ago.

And yes, I am an old fart... :whistling:

It certainly is a very strong comment from Sheehan.

I am stood by Chaz and Burien since I am in a similar position doing bootleg productions and the sorts. To say that something is 'pointless' is pointless in its own way. Everything has its purpose whether it helps to reveal our weak aspects or lead on to much positive results.

Now I have not had the chance to hear this particular work from my good friend Charlie but I do not approve of such a statement. All of his other work is highly professional and entertaining so I am sure this will be the same. The comment of it being 'pointless' could well be classed as criticism, and so be it (everyone has their opinions), but to hop in and leave such a blunt and vague statement is not even attempting to offer support to those who appreciate it the most. It actually seems more like an attack on those putting in an effort for something they deeply enjoy.

We are all in the same game and to hear such a thing from someone who is further in to the career is shocking and damn right disgraceful.

Lets face it on here we are all pretty divided when it come to the bootlegs Jules plays But lets face it bootlegs or mash ups have always been a big part of dance music in one way or another - I personally enjoy the use of them as i gives a little extra to a set. And they can more rival any atmosphere created that a trance tune from 8 years ago can muster when done right. :thumbsup:

Chaz`s bootleg was a very basic one in setup but it went alright together so fair play - keep at it mate :thumbsup:

EDIT : Anyone fancy listening to mine to get some feedback while we are on the topic as it like to see if you guys think its worthy of a play of Jules?

Edited by Justin Haze

I liked SVd's bootie because it uses the same formula as his remix of Sia basically the same exceptf or Apolgise sample in the break, its an equally as pointless bottie though as it doesnt do much plods a long breakdown comes in, you expect the chorus or summat more but no goes back to same old.Daft but I like it just because it has the same sound as svd's remix of sia.

Chaz's bootie is the same asthis really tome the track used as the main groove doesnt benfit having one republic chuckedin the break, to me anyhows.

Thats my take on things, hope that makes more sense:)

It certainly is a very strong comment from Sheehan.

I agree with that to be honest. I felt that it could have been put across better. Perhaps an explanation as to why it was pointless?

K.Sheehan is always very friendly, etc and he's one of the good guys on here, but he does seem to criticise everyone else's bootlegs, which I think is a bit unnecessary because they're not all bad. Most people produce bootlegs as a first step into production, so some constructive criticism would go a long way towards helping them out, rather than knocking their confidence by saying "its pointless". I think most most 'bootleggers' are guilty of producing a pointless bootleg - and to be honest, K.Sheehan is no different (Tick Mode for example).

We all have our own opinions fair enough, and i have be moaning more than most of recent over Jules over use of Bootlegs, especially the poor one's.

I have not heard Chaz's bootleg so cannot pass Judgement (Like the Pun!). But i believe in giving an explanation on opinions and believe in encouragement and giving people advise. To say something is pointless with no other comment to me is like having a bit of a dig.

I might be wrong but although i dont know Ken personally from what i have seen i just think it was a passing comment and no offense was intended, although as mentioned above a better explanation is needed.

I have no problems with anyone and am friendly to all and will help where i can (Brigg5y will grouch for that! lol), i am forever chatting the ass off people! :lol: