Jules R1 June 21st

Max Kane

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was real life Stu would settle this situation down with a good dose of parva spray :lol: :lol: Am i wrong Stu?

hmmm, a Domestic Violence form would be filled out for sure (believe that!!). Somebody would be coming to the station with me to prevent a breach of the peace aswell. Parva would involve a use of force form and a justification statement, also it wouldnt be proportionate, necessary or accountable. So sadly, the Parva would have to stay in my pocket.

Pipe Down is a great phrase. When i use it on the street it has immediate effect. I love it. :D

Edited by Moonman

Describing your PM as "a sarcy PM" is hardly making out it was more than it was is it? Its a three word description!

all I said in the pm was, " all I'll say is click..

Bit hypocritical dont ya think in relation to your latest posts towards me...." Hardly bursting with sarcasm there mate is it?

You blatantly can't though, and thats what myself, and Burien noticed. You'll quite happily criticise EVERY bootleg that members post on here, with the exception of your mates. As soon as someone hits back about it, like Dormouse did two years ago, and I did yesterday (along with others that you've chosen to ignore in order to single me out), you start getting stroppy about it. That PM may not have been much, but it was completely pointless - you only sent it to make a point because it had obviously rattled you.

Maybe because I like all my mates bootlegs :lol: :lol: whats your point? How do you know who and who isn't my mate on ere??? I'm sorry, I WONT let you paint this bad picture of me publicy. I didnt get stroppy with any of you yesterday? I apologised to Chaz's and he has accepted it and has gotten on with things. you keep responding with novel length posts twisting things around. I just found it very strange that you used 'Tick Mode' as an example when 2years ago you liked it. How can you have made a topic about it 2years ago sayin it was good to now saying its pointless? Plus, obviously it was my weakest one as it was the first one I ever made!!

Jealous of what exactly? Jealous that you've created a few bootlegs? Jealous that you can do a bit of production? Jealous that you've had a few plays on Radio 1? I've chosen not to go into production because it doesn't interest me. I've chosen not to make loads of bootlegs because it doesn't interest me. I DJ only - and thats my choice. I'd hardly be jealous of something i've opted not to do.

I dont know- jealous that I'm making a name for myself through tonnes and tonnes of hard work? maybe you dont want the same things as I do in this industry, I presumed ya did, my bad. If you jus prefer to DJ locally an not make it big and be successful then so be it, thats your thing I spose. I jus presumed everyone on ere was like me and itching to be at the top some day! ( hey we all have dreams :lol: )

The bootlegs I criticise are the poorly produced ones that aren't good enough to be played by a professional DJ that plays live on Radio 1 and to thousands of clubbers each week. I haven't criticised EVERY bootleg he plays - some are superb, some are average, some are absolutely awful - again, i'm not the only one that agrees that some of the bootlegs Jules plays are very poor, but yet again, i'm being singled out.

I criticise those that I think are produced badly an all, I thought Chaz's one was produced badly. Who for your information is someone who I've spoke to on myspace before, so your comment about me never criticising mates is jus inaccurate to say the least. You are only being singled out cause you jumped into the discussion yourself slating my mashup when ya didnt really need to did ya???

Again, you've twisted something else that i've said. I didn't say you WERE c**ky, I said you COME ACROSS as being c**ky. You may not be being c**ky, but at times, it seems as if you are.

If you met me you would realise I am FAR from c**ky, I'm sure Will Atkinson & Nick Callaghan can vouch for that. I am a quiet shy person in real life. I'd like to see examples of where I was being c**ky if you wouldnt mind??

Maybe because I like all my mates bootlegs :lol: :lol: whats your point? How do you know who and who isn't my mate on ere???

I dont know- jealous that I'm making a name for myself through tonnes and tonnes of hard work? maybe you dont want the same things as I do in this industry, I presumed ya did, my bad. If you jus prefer to DJ locally an not make it big and be successful then so be it, thats your thing I spose. I jus presumed everyone on ere was like me and itching to be at the top some day! ( hey we all have dreams :lol: )

you need to keep that swagger bruv, in the music industry that will be your meal ticket. I like it. Why shouldn't Mr Sheehan think (and i'm paraphrasing here based on the info i have from excerpts of this thread) that he is the best? If he doesnt believe in himself and his skills then whats the point? His bootlegs are definately superior to most, so why not? I think sometimes you have to be a bit brash, to the point. That way, nothing is misconstrewed.

I mean, my mix i uploaded last is the shiznit. Peeps check it out. It's definately a cut above the rest :pirate:

Edited by Moonman

I thought this heated debate was about to close the door behind itself just then lol. We all understand what is going on and many points have now been raised which are clear and understandable. Lets all shake hands and be friends because I am willing to let this tiny little mis-hap go by now and I believe everyone should be able to do the same now?

I dont want any personal grudges to have formed over this between anyone on the board.

Heated Debate, Glad its been put too rest!

Back to the subject of the Show what did everyone think of...

Mr Sam Vs T99 – Anasthasia (White Label)

I personally loved this remix from Mr Sam anyone know Labels and release dates??

Maybe because I like all my mates bootlegs :lol: :lol: whats your point?

My point is, you criticise people's bootlegs for the sake of criticising them - even when they're better than your mates. Like I said, you've criticised just about everyone's bootleg that has posted on here - apart from your mates.

How do you know who and who isn't my mate on ere???

Its blatantly obvious:

1. You never criticise their work, even when it is sometimes poorer than people's work that you've criticised.

2. They come along and join in your arguments when its nothing to do with them. ('They' being a figure of speech)

3. You've said before anyway.

4. You've just confirmed it here :rolleyes: >>> I'm sure Will Atkinson & Nick Callaghan can vouch for that

I'm sorry, I WONT let you paint this bad picture of me publicy.

Oh I do apologize - I didn't realise that we can't create a bad picture of K.Sheehan, but its OK for K.Sheehan and his mate to try to create a picture of me? Pot kettle black and all that.

you keep responding with novel length posts twisting things around.

Pot, kettle, black again! You're the one that suggested that I moan about all bootlegs, and made out I said you were c**ky - when actually, I said you were coming across as c**ky - which are two different things. You've done it again below look - either that, or you don't read properly - instead, selecting a series of words out of my sentences, and then re-forming them to create what you think I said instead of what I actually said.

How can you have made a topic about it 2years ago sayin it was good to now saying its pointless? Plus, obviously it was my weakest one as it was the first one I ever made!!

Errrrr..... quite easily. Two years ago, I thought it was good - wheras now, compared to other bootlegs out there, its not anything special. Just like when we buy tunes, like it, and then a few years later think "actually, this sounds crap and really basic"?

With no disrespect, but sending a few bootlegs to Jules doesn't make you big. Lets face it, your about as known in the industry as I am - we're nobodies! Talent behind the decks makes you successful as a DJ anyway, not a few bootlegs. You could get the best bootlegger in the world behind the decks, but if he can't mix, he's buggered! I take your point about producing and remixing can help take a huge step up the ladder towards becoming big, but if people can't string two tunes together smoothly, then they're doomed from the start - regardless of their production ability. Besides, I do tonnes and tonnes of hard work in the industry too - but lets face it, i'm not going to be big either. If you think that sending a few bootlegs is going to make you the next Tiesto, then you're living in cloud cuckoo land. There's millions of people out there producing/boolegging/remixing and they can't all hit the big time. Whether they like it or not, their hours, days and months in the studio is still only going to get them local gigs. Rather than throwing that time down the drain doing something I won't enjoy, i'd rather spend it behind the decks - doing something that I LOVE!

Perhaps this is why you do criticise everyone's bootlegs - you want to be 'big', and your jealous of a bit of competition? Perhaps you're scared that someone might just do some bootlegs that are better than yours, and will 'overtake' you on the ladder. By knocking their confidence, they go away for a bit, and then you get some space. True? I reckon so - and I think Burien hit the nail on the head yesterday.

I thought Chaz's one was produced badly. Who for your information is someone who I've spoke to on myspace before, so your comment about me never criticising mates is jus inaccurate to say the least.

I've spoken to tons of people on Myspace before too, but they haven't suddenly become mates.....

You are only being singled out cause you jumped into the discussion yourself slating my mashup when ya didnt really need to did ya???

Ah, so I was right after all! You have got a chip on your shoulder and jumped on my back because I criticised your bootleg! And here was you saying that you could handle criticism......

It looks like I was right after all then (especially now you've just slipped up by admitting it was that criticism that narked you) - you're quick enough at dishing out the criticism, but as soon as someone gives it back, you throw your toys out of the pram.

I think we can safely say that this argument is over then now because you've just shot yourself in the foot. The whole reason you've kicked off, and got Nick to back you up, is because you can't handle criticism. We'd sussed that anyway judging by your reaction to Dormouse a couple of years ago, plus this thread and needless PM - but now this confirms it.

If you met me you would realise I am FAR from c**ky, I'm sure Will Atkinson & Nick Callaghan can vouch for that. I am a quiet shy person in real life. I'd like to see examples of where I was being c**ky if you wouldnt mind??

Like I said earlier, I didn't say you WERE c**ky - I said you come across as c**ky. Try reading what I say properly - i've only typed that three times before :rolleyes: . I don't know you from Adam - you could be c**ky and full of yourself, or you could be the quietest bloke anyone could meet. What i'm saying is, you come across as c**ky. Now, have you read that properly now that i've typed it out for the fourth time, or are you still going to come back saying I called you c**ky?

Anyway, like I say, you've shot yourself in the foot anyway because you've basically admitted that i've been singled out just because I said that Tick Mode was fairly pointless.

If everyone kicked off an argument when you said their work was pointless, the board would be full of arguments............

I suggest if you can't handle criticism, don't dish any out yourself - otherwise someone else will speak out like I did, and then we'll have another rant on our hands.

Whether you like it or not, people will always be on here posting bootlegs - try accepting it rather than being scared that they're going to become 'big' before you. Also, have a reality check - if you want to become big, do something different. Bootlegging isn't going to get you gigs at Godskitchen and Turnmills......

Subject closed then - I was replying to this during all the in-between posts.

Its closed anyway because i'm bored of repeating myself, plus we've found out the conclusion as to why I was singled out. Job done.

EDIT: Yes, I know Turnmills has closed down - its the next club that came into my head :P

Edited by Briggsy

give it a rest mate, you're beginning to ramble on a bit!!

I'd already stated i'd given it a rest. I may have rambled on, but I rambled on enough to make you slip up and admit why you and Nick actually kicked off over nothing.

From now on, you do your thing, and i'll do mine. Problem solved.

A could go on for quite a bit on some of your comments there Briggsy, coz a feel the majority of the things you have spouted out with is alot of pish, but to be honest a can't be arsed furthering more debate! Lets face it, we all have better things to do with our time. A stand by my initial statement towards you, I felt it had to be said. You clearly feel as if you have justified yourself, good for you matey! Your obviously sticking by your words so lets just agree to disagree or we'll be here till the end of the month. Its already looking like a script from a Jerry springer show so lets just leave it

at that & draw the line. Jeremy Kyle would be licking his lips if he read this.

For the record a came across this board on my own with no help from Ken.

The line has been drawn:

________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Nick Callaghan

To be honest, all three of us could be spouting bollocks off to each other forever more. At the end of the day, we've all got our opinions, so we'll keep it at that. By firing abuse around, we're not going to solve much.

The truth came out in the end, so at least I feel my points were valid.

Its just a shame it was all blown out of proportion and all became a bit personal. Its the first argument i've ever seen on this board, and its a shame it I had to be a part of it. I think thats the first time i've ever had a long and heated argument on any forum, and hopefully its the last. I'm still not sure why the two of you singled me out, despite others pretty much saying what I said, but hey - i'm not gonna lose sleep over it. Its only the internet.

At least its all come to an end eventually. No doubt you still had some unfinished business to get off your chest, but I respect you for not continuing with the argument and creating a fuss all over again.

Whatever views we have of each other, hopefully we can all get involved in future threads without any sarcastic responses or digs. If we have to ignore each other to prevent any of that, that so be it - i'm not bothered. Other people shouldn't have to read our crap though, so we'll keep any bitterness off the forums.

Edited by Briggsy