Modern DJ names

Briggsy

Has anyone else noticed that over the last couple of years, British DJ's have started using international sounding names to try to make more of a name for themselves - for example, Kubik resident, Chris Pollock, uses the DJ name Chryztoff de Fier, and there's a bloke on the Matt Hardwick board that has decided to call himself Andi von Sarr. Its odd because DJ's from overseas are starting to go for a British sounding name, for example, Frederic de Backer calls himself Fred Baker, and I can't disclose Michael Splint's name, but it's not actually Michael Splint.

If they're not going all international, then they're opting for a Deadmau5 bandwagon name - for example, Deadrat9, etc.

Has anyone else considered having a 'modern' DJ name? I'm thinking of changing my DJ name to either Deadduc4 or Carlos von Hasselhoff. :P

Edited by Briggsy

Robbie van Doe is another one to add to that list. I never really got the whole changing of your name to foreign sounds. When I started playing prog I was gona go for Thomas Neil (Neil being my middle name) as I liked the sound of it & thought it kinda suited a prog DJ (duno why) I had settled on that but when I was featured on Galaxy a couple of years ago Paul Kershaw used my real name so I kinda felt I was stuck with that

Tom Bailey is quite a catchy name anyway to be honest. I think it sounds better than Thomas Neil.

I just stick to Carl Briggs - not the most glamourous of names, but there's a million and one 'Briggsys', so i'll just stick with that. My name doesn't really sound like someone that boshes out Trance and Techno at 142bpm :(

haha that's quite funny and not something I really knew about, the whole changing your name to sound international etc!

People always say what's your DJ name? DJ Wakey? I always just say no, Tom Wake, my name, that's it - nothing special! lol

I am the same, people always ask for my DJ name and it is simply 'Simon Ross'. I would like to have something that wasnt so simple and a bit different but most folk do just go for something that sounds exotic. Some even make it too obvious like if I called myself 'Simon Van Ross', just shows who my idols are then doesnt it lol

I hate "Christian Hann". It's so non-descript. Any suggestions as a replacement?!

You could think of anagrams, like Chris Cowie (X-Cabs) did with his "Ricoh Whices" alias, albeit reusing letters.

So for your name, you could have something like, erm... "Anarchis Ninth" ? I quite like that :)

So let's have a recap here of our fictional DJ line up. And what an amazing line-up it would be:

Main Arena

Carlos von Hasselhoff

Ivor Nasticoff

Harold van Huttner

Christiano von Shcmitzenhoff

The Sex Room

Grim Raper

Carlito Bangbrigg

Spunken van der Glocken (exclusive 2 min set)

Buttz Nutz

Ronald van der Azzkracken

Justin Cider

The Sober Room

Tom Bailey

Tom Wake

Stefan Laquan

Anarchis Ninth

Edited by Quadrant

So let's have a recap here of our fictional DJ line up. And what an amazing line-up it would be:

Main Arena

Carlos von Hasselhoff

Ivor Nasticoff

Harold van Huttner

Christiano von Shcmitzenhoff

The Sex Room

Grim Raper

Carlito Bangbrigg

Spunken van der Glocken (exclusive 2 min set)

Buttz Nutz

Ronald van der Azzkracken

Justin Cider

The Sober Room

Tom Bailey

Tom Wake

Stefan Laquan

Anarchis Ninth

Count me in! Where? When!! I WANT TICKETS NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :P