I never knew.....

Briggsy

that Tim Westwood was going to be 51 years old in October :o

I knew he'd been around for a while, but if someone had asked me how old he was, i'd have put him in the same age bracket as Jules (41)

The bloke might be a complete pleb, but you can't knock his enthusiasm for music at that age. He's still going strong.

I also didn't know that Dave Pearce was gay!

No, i'm sure i read years ago in "Rav's Bizarre" column in the Sun that Dave got married...or did i dream it?

Perhaps he bats for both teams then because Wikipedia says:

He then worked behind the scenes at BBC Radio London, where he later took on a late-night show, playing all of the latest club tunes. He recently revealed his main inspiration to become a DJ was from fellow DJ and ex-boyfriend Dean Robinson.

I love Wikipedia, but you're right about that - that could be slander!

It is a legendary site and gets a lot of flack, the best articles have shed load of references and that's how you know they are worthwhile.

I have noticed that the "DJ" pages on there are very limited - check out Jules, Eddie and Sean Tyas for example...

It is amazing how sites like this grow so much based on community input, the likes of me would have a shíte site as I never contribute to the community - I just don't have the time :(, but look how rich some of the stuff is on there and some of the people around the world put in the time to make awesome stuff like this! :)

Edited by Aza

So let's get this straight then - Dave Pearce is not gay! I know he gets a lot of slack but I've heard some good stuff from him occasionally over the years!

513_2.jpg

Edited by Quadrant

The problem with Wikipedia is that the content is not peer reviewed i.e. studied and agreed by experts within that field. Any nutcase can add information to an article and I'm not sure as to who checks it.

It's a shame that it isn't peer reviewed as it would be an amazing information resource. Most of the content on there is probably 100% spot on but some of it you have to take with a pinch of salt.

By the way Briggsy, love your description of how a gay should be! "Speak like he's been on helium, or do weird hand movements so that everyone knows he's gay". Ticking all the politically incorrect boxes there!! :lol:

By the way Briggsy, love your description of how a gay should be! "Speak like he's been on helium, or do weird hand movements so that everyone knows he's gay". Ticking all the politically incorrect boxes there!! :lol:

haha I don't care about all that PC nonsense. Its true! lol. Its not very often you hear a gay with a deep voice and a big beard. They're normally squueky voiced, feminine, and with waxes heads lol.