REQ: 2008-04-12 - Judge Jules with Co-hosts Above and Beyond

FuzzY-LogiC

I recorded this show onto my Mp3 player using the FM Tuner Timer Settings (192quality) and then put a copy onto my PC. I would gladly upload this for the archives but not sure how to do it so please could you explain (in simple terms) how this is done.

Isn't this on newmixes.com sir? I remember it being a good show, would be nice to hear it again! I shall have a hunt and then I can get my name in the archives as the submitter!

yes, it is in fact on newmixes.com, but that copy seems to have MSN sounds almost all over the show, so not really a version i think we should have here :(

@Chrissie: brilliant! please go here: http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...q=submit&c=

...and follow these 4 steps:

1) select category ('Saturday Shows')

2) fill out the:

- filename: "2008-04-12 - Judge Jules with Co-hosts Above and Beyond"

- main text box: just write anything here (i'll add the tracklist, so don't worry about that)

3) click on 'browse' to locate the audiofile you want to upload

4) click 'Add Submission' and let the window stay opened until its done and you can click on 'Download File' to test.

That's it! :)

Thanks FuzzY-LogiC for the instructions;

However before l upload this file l just wanted to mention that there was in fact a problem with the sound during the first 50 mins of that show. There was a bleeping noise which was very loud and continuous at the beginning of the show and then to a lesser degree as time went on (could just hear it faintly every 20 seconds). I thought there was something wrong with my MP3 player but l listened to the New Mixes version and "listen Again" and both were the same. Jules mentioned it on his show the following week and blamed it on a Sound Engineer.

Also you will need to edit out the first minute of my recording as it is has the last minute of Dance Anthems on it and about 9 mins of the Ess Mix which follows on from Jules's show.

Please let me know if you still want me to go ahead with the upload.

4) click 'Add Submission' and let the window stay opened until its done and you can click on 'Download File' to test.

This is the bit where people often think their screen has frozen but you should leave that window open and go and do something else for a while because large files can sometimes take up to half an hour to complete. I'm testing a progress bar which, in the future, will pop up a window with "x% complete" as the transfer takes place...

After the submission, your upload will be invisible but us Admins can see it and as soon as we've tweaked it and added a tracklisting, we'll approve your upload which will make it visible to everyone. You'll also receive an automated PM from myself in your messageboard inbox, just to remind you it's gone live.

If you still have problems, just message me or FuzzY_LogiC ;)

Thanks FuzzY-LogiC for the instructions;

However before l upload this file l just wanted to mention that there was in fact a problem with the sound during the first 50 mins of that show. There was a bleeping noise which was very loud and continuous at the beginning of the show and then to a lesser degree as time went on (could just hear it faintly every 20 seconds). I thought there was something wrong with my MP3 player but l listened to the New Mixes version and "listen Again" and both were the same. Jules mentioned it on his show the following week and blamed it on a Sound Engineer.

Also you will need to edit out the first minute of my recording as it is has the last minute of Dance Anthems on it and about 9 mins of the Ess Mix which follows on from Jules's show.

Please let me know if you still want me to go ahead with the upload.

aha!!! i took that as a MSN sound and blamed it on the guy who recorded it. I guess i was wrong :)

Well, that leaves the version from newmixes "fine" then, so no need to upload your file Chrissie. Thanks though... I wouldn't have known it was an error made by the BBC if it wasn't for you.