Mixmag

bigsteve

Does anyone else still buy it :?: I keep saying I'll cancel my subs, but occassionally there is a good CD, and I suppose it does make good toilet reading.

However, last month they printed a double page spread of GKGG back to front and listed Escape into the Park as 28/5/05. Then in this month's letter's page, they slag one guy off for his comments about Tribal Gathering, but give the SAME letter the 'Star Letter' prize :? :? :?:

They are a bit random. Essentially, what they think is what goes, but you can say that about any magazine out there. I only buy it for something to read on a plane journey or occasionally when there's a good CD - I bought the PVD one recently.

yeah, i always buy it, its good reading (tho it has its faults as u mention) good to keep up 2 date with whats goin on in trance or whatever. I think its interesting to read!

Even if they ain't mindt a doodle do? by taht I mean slightly smudged covers n daftness like that?

I posted a post like this on the mixmag board and mr collectro with enarly every issue in never read, breath over wrong etc.... would only take t issues he needed off my hands if they were in same condition!

well how do you keep them in si perfect nick? what if the bloodey cover pirnts smudge it!? its bloodey plain daft! same with marks left by that horrrible sticky stuff they stick cd's to front with! its whats inbetween those covers that count!!!!!

Anyhows yes Pm a doodle doo time! :lol:

I bit the bullet and got rid of all my mixmags. They were collecting dust behind my bed and if honest I was unlikely to read any of them again.

Id buy it if there was a good CD but I reckon its gone down the pan. The vast majority of the magazine is taken up by adverts and the articles arent as good as they used to be.

It was at a stage once of being a bit of a dodgy mag and printing stories about DJ's etc that were complete bollocks. They slagged seb fontaine of to buggery claming he was as fat as a whale and he was a crap DJ then a few months after are rating him as the best thing since sliced bread. I read an interview with seb where he opnly states that they are w***er*s.

It was at a stage once of being a bit of a dodgy mag and printing stories about DJ's etc that were complete bollocks. They slagged seb fontaine of to buggery claming he was as fat as a whale and he was a crap DJ then a few months after are rating him as the best thing since sliced bread. I read an interview with seb where he opnly states that they are w***er*s.

The dance music "press" is dire full stop. Exactly the same thing happend with Ministy Mag and Jules.

I used to Buy Ministry until it stopped being printed. Then went on to Mixmag. Would it be better if it was in a weekly format? It could be more up-to-date and relevant. They wouldn't need to fill it with crap articles either

In my opinion the best dance mag ever is M8. Its meant to be scottish but you used to be able to buy it from most decent newsagents. I havent seen it for a year or two so perhaps its also become no more. They used to have top reviews on dance events, a wicked tunes riview section and some ace free CD's. Ive got a simon foy CD from one issue, which is feckin ace.

Mixmag used to print their own Jules tracklistings in 1998 for both his Friday and Saturday shows... if only I could find someone who has them back that far :(

Suprisingly the best place to find old mixags and other mags is charity shops and theyre dead cheap too. Or car boot sales sometimes.

I did have i have thrown them all out but i have subscribed to mixmag over the last year. Traill if your really after the mags try these.

1) Charity shops - you may have to look around but ive been to my local oxfam here in Norwich and recently saw a pile of them!

2) Car boot sales - as its now summer more and more of these are starting these are also great for finding some awesome rare dance cds.

3) Music shops - there are some 2nd habd record shops that actually sell old copies of magazines but be prepared to pay a couple of quid.

Archived