The transfer saga's of the summer

Uberduck

We're full of them this year aren't we! Ronaldo, Lampard, Drogba, Abebayor, Hleb, Queiroz....

Personally I'd be gutted if United let Ronny go. Ok he obviously want's to go and there's no point in keeping him if he's unhappy but he's obviously not. Look how he ended last year. How can that make you unhappy? When he joined United he called it 'his dream' and said that was the one club he wanted to play at. Oh how times change :rubbish: .

I really hope United splash the cash for Huntelaar. How that guy hasn't been snapped up already is beyond me. He scored 36 goals in 39 games last season for Ajax. That's immense.

I would like to see Lampard, Drogba and Adebayor go as they all annoy me -_- .

Edit: Scrap Queiroz from that list; he's gone :( . Not sure that'll do much to our prospects of keeping Ronny

Edited by Uberduck

Good shout this post!

Yeah shame about Queiroz, however that was almost inevitable as is Ronnie. TBH, he is bugging me now. The Utd fans are a little dissapointed that he hasn't come out and sworn his allegiance as am I. I mean 18mnths into a 5yr contract and all this... Furthermore, he could very very easily ended all this speculation by just saying "yes I would like to play for Real, one day, however my time is now with Utd".

There is a blog on the BBC from one of their journalists and I agree with a lot of what it says. Sell him if we can get £75m plus - Madrid can like it or lump it. We can bring in a few players then.

I do hope we get Berbitov and I agree with Drogba and Lampard - time to move on!

there are whispers going around Man City are after Ronaldinho. Theres talk of 22.5million! Personally, although he is good, well excellent, he's just going to bleed the club dry. I think we should be spending the money bringing our own players through.

I'm looking forward to seeing what plans Sparky Mark Hughes has got for us though. He's a great catch i think. He did a terrific job at Rovers, and made them into a good solid difficult to breakdown team. The one area we are lacking is at the back. If we can sort that then we should realistically be pushing for a top 6 finish next season. I only hope he doesnt get the boot after one season like most of our recent managers have.

On the subject of Christiano, if he wants to go, he should. If his mind and his heart aren't in it, then whats the point in keeping him? Yes he is good, but if he doesnt want to be there, is he going to give you 110%?

I think there's more chance of Ronald McDonald than Ronaldinho at Man City to be honest - plus he's better looking and has a better hairstyle.

Anyway, outside of the Premiership, I reckon Birmingham City have made the cleverest move so far - Kevin Phillips on a free transfer. Great move!

Yeah he's a good player. Wouldn't be as good in the Premiership so best to stay as a Championship player. Nugent was the same; he looked good until he moved to Pompey. Big mistake for him really.

Personally I don't want Berbatov. He's got a bit of a stink temperament. I'd much prefer Huntelaar!! Dutch players always seem to do well in the Premiership so I reckon he'd settle pretty well and is an out and out striker much in the same vain as Ruud was.

He couldn't do 90 minutes in the Premiership, but he'd still bag loads of goals. I think WBA would have been wise to keep him - he'd have been useful to come off the bench for 30 minutes each game.

Birmingham will do well with him though. He'll get 20 goals for them :D

Derby were never good enough to go up anyway really. They just had a bit of luck towards the end of the season.

I think the ploy-offs are, and always have been, a bad idea anyway. I think its wrong when a team that finishes 6th, can be 30 points below the team that finished 3rd, and then get promoted. 6th place is a quarter of the way down the league - therefore, they're not good enough to go up - and thats why they come back down again. The play-offs are just a way for the FA to make money.

I think there's more chance of Ronald McDonald than Ronaldinho at Man City to be honest

We could afford him. I dont think he's the sort of player we'd go for though. If anything, we need a bit more strength and depth at the back, we could do with a prolific goalscorer too. We haven't had one since The Goat.

I have to say, Kevin Phillips would have been a good bet for us!

I meant ego-wise with Ronaldinho. I think he's the sort of player that would want to go to a 'famous' European side - Man City would be 'unfashionable' for him. He seems a bit full of himself.

Man City have always seemed to work better without bigger-named players anyway. They'd be better off with players that are prepared to graft - and Mark Hughes is a good manager for that.

Yeah, I was surprised Mark Hughes took the job after the way Sven was treated. Hughes has a job for life at Blackburn because there's no expectations there. Mid-table or higher and the fans and board are happy. He had been there for a while though, and mid-table finishes were about the best the clu was ever going to get - so perhaps he fancied a new challenge. I just hope they give him time because he's a good manager.

Wolves signings this summer have been a bit strange, we seem to be attempting to break some kind of record for the most number of strikers on the books of a single Championship team & yet we have only 3 centre halves

Wolves signings this summer have been a bit strange, we seem to be attempting to break some kind of record for the most number of strikers on the books of a single Championship team & yet we have only 3 centre halves

I've gotta be honest, i'm a bit out of touch with what McCarthy is doing at the moment. I'm always busy in the week so don't always get to see whats happening in the transfer market, and it never makes the press down here in Cov.

Who's come and gone so far then? Surely Breen isn't going to do another season? Also, signing Kevin Kyle baffles me. He was useless at Coventry, and he was useless from what I saw of him last season at Wolves.

By the way, what ever happened to Mark Clyde? He was around for years, but mainly a fringe player, and then he just disappeared and I never did know where he went to.

Mark Clyde had to retire last year due to long-standing injury problems, we have successfully declined to sign Kyle (thank god) & Breen has been released.

We've signed...

David Jones from Derby

Chris Iwelumo from Charlton

Sam Vokes from Bournemouth

Richard Stearman from Leicester

Mark Clyde had to retire last year due to long-standing injury problems, we have successfully declined to sign Kyle (thank god) & Breen has been released.

We've signed...

David Jones from Derby

Chris Iwelumo from Charlton

Sam Vokes from Bournemouth

Richard Stearman from Leicester

Thank god Kyle has gone! I thought he'd signed him because the local paper here said he'd signed a permanent deal at Wolves. Absolutely useless player. Breen was past it a season ago - i'm surprised McCarthy kept him then. I had a feeling that had been the case with Clyde. He wasn't a bad player to have in the side - he was quite useful to fill a gap across the defence.

I'd have rather seen the back of them both and their wages used to bring in one decent player. They were both mega-clumsy. Breen could use his age and lack of pace as an excuse though. he had the turning radius of a buss, and the pace of a snail - yet he always stayed back quite deep on his own when the others moved forward, and then he'd played them onside. I'd got so many urges to run on the pitch and push him forwards at times. Grrrrrrr

Great we have that t****r kyle back then

He's out of contract at City I think - so he'll go to somewhere like Bury, Forest Green, or The Nags Head reserves on a free.

Even if he was in contract, his value was still 'free'

Edited by Briggsy

Ronaldinho is on a "blue or grey downer" (PES 2008 fans will appreciate that phrase) so I'm glad they didn't purchase him. Can't imagine he'd like England anyway.

As for Frank Lampshade, he should definitely take the plunge for Inter!

It amuses me how hypocritical Man Utd are when it comes to transfer issues. The way in which they have castigated Real madrid for their courtship of Ronaldo then they go & do exactly the same thing to Spurs & Berbatov

In all fairness though, the recent bad press about United's persuit of Berbatov was all based on 'quotes' in the Sun. Hardly a credible source! I think it now seems clear the Fergie see's Berbatov as the one transfer target he keeps talking about but he's hardly talked him up or anything close to what Madrid have done in respect of the Ronaldo transfer.

It's not as bad but it still smacks of hypocracy doesn't it? You'd think that Utd would act more carefully in order to avoid any incident but then again they've always been at it.

A young Wolves player (Daniel Nardiello) was poached by Utd some years ago & they got off scott free. He didn't amount to all that much & now plays for Barnsley but it was an annoyance