Global Gathering 2008

The Trance tent will be OK, but I rarely go into the other tents now because they don't appeal to me. Years ago, i'd have ventured into a House tent, but House has been replaced by Electro now, and that gets boring after three tunes.

None of the others are really my thing.

I haven't been to a Global for ages now, I don't really think the two day method of hosting does it any favours either, was much better with a single day imo. If I was to attend I'd be the opposite of Briggs & wana check out as many different tents as possible.

The DJs I'd wana go see seem to be spread across the whole site

Yeah the forecast does look like it's going to be a nice couple of days. Deffo agree with you Tom about checking out different DJs, looking at the line up there are plenty of DJs I'd like to see so I'm sure I can fill up every hour of the two days! Think it'll be a good un!

The problem I've found with the two dayer is that the energy levels seem to drop on the second day, with too many partied out clubbers from the previous day/night trying in vain to stay awake. Of course there are other methods to remain away but it's not the prettiest sight in the world witnessing an group of 18 year olds gurning at 3pm!!! I've been lucky in the fact I've always stayed in nearby hotels in Stratford-upon-Avon when I've been to GK, but I've noticed a steady increase of pikeys at the event. This said, I hope you have a great time and the trance tent is rockin'!!!

The way the weather is today (bear in mind I live maybe 40mins from the site) it'll be perfect, but being England it could change within ten minutes.

To all those going, have a good 'un & be sure to report back with tales of wonder

This will be the first time I have missed Global as it falls on my birthday but no one wants to go, not even my girlfriend wants to this year. Dont really rate the lineup though - if it had been on one day it would have been much better.

I've just finished work so i'll be heating down after i've had a s***, shower and shave :D Its only 20 minutes from my house, and its scorching :)

Tiesto and Roger Sanchez are my thing tonight. Not that arsed apart from that. The friday line-ups is aimed more towards the house and prog side of things.

I'm now after a recording of Jules' set because he played a certain someones bootleg :D Im sure a few people will be looking for the set too so if anyone finds links to it then please post!

I look forward to reading some reports on the event, the videos on you-tube look great ... a lot of variation in styles too.