going to IBIZA

jaylo

hey all im heading to ibiza this saturday and im thinking of bringing me cd's over,any body got any advice for me on gettting a gig in one of the local bars or even clubs,was going to do a demo cd bout 30 min long and hand it in or any 1 got any suggestions,please

:D:rolleyes:B)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last time i was in ibiza was to 2004,i cant wait to go,this will be me 5th time now-does anybody no where the judgement sundays pre party is on- the last time when i was there it was in cafe mambo is it the same place or a different place

the last time i was in ibiza was to 2004,i cant wait to go,this will be me 5th time now-does anybody no where the judgement sundays pre party is on- the last time when i was there it was in cafe mambo is it the same place or a different place

This year's Judgement Sunday pre-parties have been held at Bar M & Kanya in San Antonio.

I went to 2 of the Bar M warm ups while I was there this year, brilliant atmosphere! ;)

No one's going to listen to 30 mins, especially this late on in the year. Most places will already have their residents so its basically all down to blagging. Worth a shot though but my advice is to just go and enjoy Ibiza instead.

Can't wait til September, 4 folk I know are already out there for the summer, and I'm getting sunset withdrawel symptoms.

If it wasn't for work I'd have joined them, and probably should have in hindsight. Och well :(

• 1 month later...

I'm off to Ibiza tomorrow for 2 wks. I'm just so excited, however its going to be a tiring journey as l'm getting the train from Penzance @5.pm (Sat) and fly out from Gatwick @ 6.am (Sun) By the time l get to my hotel it will probably be about 11.am.

l will need plenty of sleep as l'm off early evening to see Jules at Kanya and Bar M before JS Eden which finishes around 6, can't wait. Planning on going to Space and Pacha and will also go back to Amnesia. It will also be nice to see a bit of sunshine. :D

I'm off to Ibiza tomorrow for 2 wks. I'm just so excited, however its going to be a tiring journey as l'm getting the train from Penzance @5.pm (Sat) and fly out from Gatwick @ 6.am (Sun) By the time l get to my hotel it will probably be about 11.am.

l will need plenty of sleep as l'm off early evening to see Jules at Kanya and Bar M before JS Eden which finishes around 6, can't wait. Planning on going to Space and Pacha and will also go back to Amnesia. It will also be nice to see a bit of sunshine. :D

It seems to me like Ibiza is having a real renaissance this year, I have lost count of the amount of people I know that have been. I havent been for about 6 years as I kind of wore it out going constantly for 5 years, i might have to make a return soon.

Have a good one!

Having a great time that's for sure B)

first evening went up to Kanya to see Jules and spent about 15mins chatting to him before he did his preparty set.then down to Bar M for some more of jules and then on to Eden. The atmosphere was electric both Sanders and Randy's sets were first class. Jules did a great job too but unfortunately l missed some of his set as l lost my expensive glasses. I was in VIP and where they went to is a mystery. They never did turn up.

I'll upload some photos when l get back.

Went to see Dave pearce on Tues night, jules put me on VIP list which was good of him. saw Tidyboys and anne Savage. Went to Bar M

Must go now as my money is running out and l lost the last post because of it.

:D i went and seen jules do his preparty in barM back in july was great in there and judgement sundays is bigger and better from the last time i was there 2004,im ashamed to say that i was the 1st time i seen sander van doorn play,wot a great dj he is had the place rocking :D

Yeah Sander really enjoys himself behind the decks, and he smiles the whole time. From where l was standing he was wiggling his bum in time to the music. ;):lol:

Last night I went to Bar M to see A&B do their preparty set before they headed off to Cream, Amnesia. I'm going next week to the closing party Paul Van Dyke, Eddie and Ferry Corsten (forgotten who else is playing that night.

Might go to Eden again tonight to see Pete Tong or may decide to leave it until next Friday when it is his closing party.

Some friends have come over for 4 days so it depends if they want to go to Eden tonight. I was going to Pach tonight but found out Bassment Jax anf faithless are playing so giving it a miss. I like both acts but only in small doses.

On Tues , daytime, went on a fast boat from Ibiza town to Formentera which was a nice experience as it is very quiet over there and is very similar to parts of Cornwall where l live. I lost my saroong over there so now l've become paranoid incase l loose a third thing! Last year l lost my camera!

Went round the top part of the island this afternoon, poured with rain for about an hour and then the sun came out.

Off to Blue Marlin tomorrow and will go to Space Sunday afternoon before heading to Kanya, Bar M and Eden again for JS closing party.

Getting through so much money as everything is so expensive this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Not very well atm, l had a sore throat whilst l was out in Ibiza along with most people in the resort and since l've been home its got worse so l'm off to bed as l have to be at work at 6am in the morning.

I'll try and upload some photos tomorrow.

Would really appreciate it if someone on here could remind me how to do it (post up the photos using photobucket) as l haven't done it since last Sept.

Edited by Chrissie Brown

• 1 month later...

2008_0928mixture0019.jpg

IMG]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/chrissiebrown/2008_0927mixture0045.jpg[/img]

2008_0928mixture0196.jpg

2008_0927mixture0025.jpg

2008_0928mixture0057.jpg

2008_0928mixture0016.jpg

615a.jpg

2008_0928mixture0013.jpg

2008_0928mixture0065.jpg

2008_0928mixture0017.jpg

SesSavinasHotelSanAnt.jpg

2008_0928mixture0074.jpg

2008_0927mixture0045.jpg

A few photos of my holiday in Ibiza. I'm the one in the photo with Jules, as you can see l'm no youngster but l know how to party and l love it.:lol:

The one with me alone is @ 7am in the morning after coming out of JS closing party and is just up the road from Bar M and a 3 min walk from there to my hotel the "Ses Savinas"

Edited by Chrissie Brown

I love that picture of Pete Tong I don't have ANy pictures of Pete Tong that is now my ambition, to get a photo of myself with Tongy.

Nice one Chrissie, faces to names and all that.

Who is that in the blurry-ish pic? I wanna come with you next time you go. I'm pretty jealous now.

Edited by Number 2 fan