That fecking Gareth Emery - This Is That vs Delerium - Silence bootleg

Briggsy

I can't believe Jules and Armin are supporting this. Its another shocking bootleg that shouldn't have happened.

Two great tunes have been massacred in this bootleg. They don't go well together, and it sounds amateur.

Anyone else got any views on this 'tune'?

Edited by Briggsy

I agree with Jason, any mashup that utilises the 'Silence' vocal is doomed for failure. The great thing about the original versions of 'Silence', (Tiesto's & Fade's mixes in particular) were the atmosphere that was created within the track, mashing it up with something like 'This Is That' just rapes the tune of any such atmosphere.

It's the same with the Neils van Gogh remixes, the vocal just sounds totally out of place

I think the bootleg is terrible and can't understand why its receiving so much attention from the top Dj's

Effectively the "Silence" lyrics have destroyed what was otherwise a cracking tune....one of my personal favorites of 2008 to be honest is Gareth Emery - This is That

Going by the mixes that I have heard from the Judge recently the Cut Up Cut Boys will be recruiting him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by lennox2s2s

I can't see why people hate this bootleg so much.

Because two superb tracks have been put together to create something absolutely hideous. Ok, so its not the worst bootleg that Jules has played, but its still completely pointless - it doesn't really offer anything that either of the two tracks in their original state could achieve.

Its the kind of bootleg that would work really well in a commercial bar at peak time, but in a 'serious' club, its just soooo wrong for so many reasons. If I heard that at Godskitchen or Gatecrasher, i'd have the urge to throw tomatoes at the DJ.

'serious' club, its just soooo wrong for so many reasons. If I heard that at Godskitchen or Gatecrasher, i'd have the urge to throw tomatoes at the DJ.

erm, that to me is nearly an oxymoron! I imagine a "serious" club to be full of chinstrokers :)

secondly, do you think you'd get in with a bag of tomatoes?

Seriously, i like this bootleg. I still stand by it.

Edited by Moonman

I like the simplicity of the bootleg. At the end of the day all it is is the vocals from Silence layered over This Is That & I think they add an extra depth to the track. In my opinion it's high up there with the likes of Another summit, Sex in a Bulgarian Dizko & Bulldozer in Sierra Nevada, but then again each to their own.

I like the simplicity of the bootleg. At the end of the day all it is is the vocals from Silence layered over This Is That & I think they add an extra depth to the track. In my opinion it's high up there with the likes of Another summit, Sex in a Bulgarian Dizko & Bulldozer in Sierra Nevada, but then again each to their own.

To be honest brother, "Bulldozer in Sierra Nevada" and "Fly me to New York" are among my favorite tunes of 2008

Both are excellent bootlegs

erm, that to me is nearly an oxymoron! I imagine a "serious" club to be full of chinstrokers :)

secondly, do you think you'd get in with a bag of tomatoes?

Seriously, i like this bootleg. I still stand by it.

By serious club, I mean somewhere respectable such as Godskitchen or Gatecrasher - not some cheesy commercial club.

As for getting in with a bag of tomatoes - i'd definately get in at the Syndicate in Blackpool with them because their security is non-existant. ;)

Myon and Shane 54 (Hungarians Black Army) done a hard job in my eyes

they edit the track 3 ore 2 times you can hear the begining starts 2 times in the tune verry clever.. :huh:

verry confused for an mash up to cut so much <_< <_< <_< <_<

and acapella is cutted shorter and starts in breakdown to fit .. and past on diferent places in the track..

here is a link to a rip

http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/4384508/file.html

Edited by Burien