tribute to barry connell @ parklife..

Craig

posting a tribute to barry that was filmed at parklife on sat, done by eddie halliwell...emotional stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDblD5NMpDE

goodgreef digital are releasing frizzbomb along with 6 diff mixes, tho they ve slightly altered the original version-and breakdown

is not as good...

its a pity, i wanted the actual copy and not a remasterd version..

still, il be supporting it and buying most mixes when it comes out on mp3, all the funds go to charity which is quite right.

Nice tribute by Eddie...What mix of Fizzbomb is Eddie playing or is it the original mix???

Eddie plays the original mate.

I think its a bit disrespectful to Barry that they felt the need to edit the tune. There was nothing wrong with it as it was. If DJ's buy it and then want to edit it for their sets, then thats fair enough - but for someone to take the decision to make a permanent edit of a tune that is to be released is disrespectful to the artist.

It has to be said though, all 6 remixes are superb - its one of the strongest packages i've ever heard. There's Barry's original mix, Bryan Kearney remix, Paul Webster remix, John O'Callaghan remix, Judge Jules remix - and I can't remember the last remix.

Out of the 5 of the 6 mixes i've heard, i'd play them all - which is very rare. Usually i'll only play one mix of a tune.

i ve told goodgreef digital this! on a myspace msg, i agree with u lads! WHY change the original!!???!

its davie forbes whose done a mix too, briggsy? u got this then????? is original really diff?

I've not got it mate. I've just heard them all in sets at some point over the last few months. The only mix i've not heard is the David Forbes mix.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know when this is out? i thought it was on beatport as an exclusive 4wks prior to full release....

also signed up for goodgreef board, but there really slow for accepting ur registry lol!! still awaiting clearance so cant post anythin lol!

I doubt it'll be available on Beatport to be honest mate - or any of the other digital download stores to be honest. Apparently, the money raised from sales is going to a charity that helps towards meningitis research - so the Goodgreef guys will probably sell it directly to cut out all the middlemen which all take a chunk from sales.

It'll probably only be on sale via the Goodgreef website, PFA agency website, Barry Connells website and Eddie Halliwells website - plus any others which are willing to help out, such as JoC, Bryan Kearney, etc.

• 4 weeks later...