Favourite old skool computers?

Quadrant

Back to the old skool  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOO!!! SNES all the way! How can you compete with a near arcade perfect conversion of Street Fighter 2? Mortal Kombat 2...and Super Mario Kart is quite possible the best 2 player game ever.

The SNES in my book was the far better machine and had the games too.

Mega Drive for me aswell, some classic games on there. Still dig out the old FIFA International Soccer for drunken tournaments.

I never owned a SNES but they are a lot of fun, Drinking Mario Kart has been a good favourite for a few years

Remember on Fifa International soccer on the Megadrive, you could run away from the referee when he was about to book a player, the ref would be chasing you all around the pitch....priceless... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Used to love that :lol:

in no particular order...

Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter II, F-Zero, Zelda - A Link To The Past, Donkey Kong Country...

the list is long and i could go on.... the SNES is (still) the best 16bit machine for me!

I never had an Amiga or C64, but they both have their share of brilliant games... Silkworm and Giana Sisters are some of my faves.

I must admit i've always been a PC man, so what really sits in my memory from that era is the 'Leisure Suit Larry' series, Lemmings and Lemmings II.

just a comment to the poll btw: "Sega (Megadrive, Dreamcast, Genesis..)"

Genesis/Megadrive is the same machine :)

Genesis = American name

Megadrive = European name

in no particular order...

Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter II, F-Zero, Zelda - A Link To The Past, Donkey Kong Country...

the list is long and i could go on.... the SNES is (still) the best 16bit machine for me!

How could i forget about F-Zero. That game was excellent. Super Tennis was good 2 player aswell.

For the record, i was a Street Fighter 2 master. The Turbo Edition was my forte. With Ryu i was unstopabble. We had a shop near to us that had the arcade version in. We used to hold little tournaments etc. Such good fun. I could finish the arcade version with one credit with Ryu! I seriously spent too much time playing that game on the arcade and on the SNES. BEst video game ever created in my opinion. I can still remember all of Ryu's special moves and combo's, as sad as that sounds 0.o

Edited by Moonman

Remember on Fifa International soccer on the Megadrive, you could run away from the referee when he was about to book a player, the ref would be chasing you all around the pitch....priceless... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes! I remember this. I forgot which football game it was on. Really funny, never got tired of doing that. The whole game would stop until the referee could card you, but you could run away from him round the pitch for as long as you like! Brilliant.

There was also a game on megadrive (I think?) where there was a fantastic cheat - it changed the pitch to concrete, so whenever a player was fouled they'd be instantly injured, etc :lol:

Have to vote for the Speccie here - some classic games such as Bombjack, Skool Daze, and Jet Set Willy - you can get a PC emulator with them all on now. Tapes used to piss me off when they didn't load properly though!

My mate had a megadrive and the Sonic the Hedgehog series I used to find really difficult! He also had these weird Japanese games which only fitted in the megadrive if you carved out the edge of the console with a kitchen knife to fit them in because they were wider!