Judge Jules Radio 1 11.00pm

lennox2s2s

What a bloody good show!!

I was really pleased with this from Jules last night - bringing back the Tried & Tested (that's definitely because of our lobbying on here, no doubt!), a couple of backroom tunes, half hour mix... the way it should be.

Finally :)

Jules has always done this. Just when I was about to write him off for the billionth time, he goes and plays some blinders. It's happened so often in his career. Talk about peaks and troughs! This was a nice peak. More of this please Jules, sir! :)

I agree it was a really good show, Jules played some great tunes and l'm also pleased he's brought back the T &T feature. It all looks very promising so keep up the good work Jules.

Also congratulations to Christian, Paul and Ken. :thumbsup:

Great show indeed and I am personally delighted that he ditched the recovery segment at the end of the show in favour of a full on half an hour mix....the way it should be in my opinion..

Also out of interest, what do people think of "The Joy of Sets" portion of the show? I think its a quite good idea..

Edited by lennox2s2s

Also out of interest, what do people think of "The Joy of Sets" portion of the show? I think its a quite good idea..

I think it'll be a good idea if there's plenty of variety. For example, Jules has never supported a Greg Downey tune - so is a mix of his likely to feature, or will he be ignored there too? Jules has only supported two John O'Callaghan tunes, despite him being one of the best producers around over the last few years, so is he likely to feature? Jules doesn't really support the Discover sound - so are artists from that label likely to be ignored too?

If we see something different, then i'm all for it. If its going to be the usual suspects on rotation, then its a bit pointless.

Great show indeed and I am personally delighted that he ditched the recovery segment at the end of the show in favour of a full on half an hour mix....the way it should be in my opinion..

I would like to think, in some small part, my "harassment" of him by email got him to scrap the recovery tune. I think the board as a whole can take a lot of the credit for the return of the tried and tested.

Really enjoyed this week's show so hoping for more of the same. It also sounded live rather than pre recorded

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know about any other one but I am quite excited about Jules new time slot, be interesting to know how he formats the show. Was listening to Anne Mac there, god knows how she ever made it on the Radio, terrible show indeed.

Hopefully Jules impresses

I Sky plussed it as per usual and I have listened to it since and even tho I never actually listened to him at any ridiculous times of night (unless actually out clubbing) I STILL thought it was a much better show than the 1am slot ones. There wasn't alot of happiness in his voice on those pre recorded type shows ever, and not at that time of night. SO............................

NICE ONE!! Should be on at 9pm if you ask me, but I'm much happier with this present time slot than the last one!!!

We like, we like, we like!!!!

I think it'll be a good idea if there's plenty of variety. For example, Jules has never supported a Greg Downey tune - so is a mix of his likely to feature, or will he be ignored there too? Jules has only supported two John O'Callaghan tunes, despite him being one of the best producers around over the last few years, so is he likely to feature? Jules doesn't really support the Discover sound - so are artists from that label likely to be ignored too?

If we see something different, then i'm all for it. If its going to be the usual suspects on rotation, then its a bit pointless.

i agree with this, in the last year or so jules hasent played as much energetic tunes as a established trance dj like himself would be expected to, would be nice to hear him play some artists from labels like discover & monster tunes such as producers, digital nature, activa etc.

still lovin his show though :)

NICE ONE!! Should be on at 9pm if you ask me, but I'm much happier with this present time slot than the last one!!!

We like, we like, we like!!!!

Shall we start a petition to get him back on at 9pm? or do you think we'd be pushing our luck? lol :P

It'd be ace to know that clubs would have to have the doors open before 9pm and people queuing up in the streets to get in, like old times *sits and daydreams of days gone by*

Shall we start a petition to get him back on at 9pm? or do you think we'd be pushing our luck? lol :P

It'd be ace to know that clubs would have to have the doors open before 9pm and people queuing up in the streets to get in, like old times *sits and daydreams of days gone by*

Now there's a man after my own heart!!!

start that petition NOW!