2000-05-27 - Judge Jules, Homelands, Winchester

jmcconville05

• 2 years later...
On 5/10/2010 at 1:15 AM, Tremor said:

Jules is trying to do a DJ trick with 2 copies of the tune. However he has not properly matched the audio level between the 2 channels on the mixer - hence one sounds much louder than the other. Also he has not properly matched the speeds - one is much faster than the other which is very noticeable since the pitch is obviously way different too. There won't be a better copy of the set out there since the errors were surely in the way Jules was doing the live extended mix.

You may be correct Tremor. However it's rather odd that he would even attempt this without first adjusting the gain and pitch. Which makes me think there were other forces at play. When he mixes out of Shrink & into Darude the audio level drops considerably. Then when he switches between the 2 copies of Darude, one is stereo and the other is mono. It then remains mono until he mixes into AMP. So he was definitely having technical issues.

• 4 years later...

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this the Homelands event that Leftfield did a full set after Judge Jules? I'm just in the middle of ripping all my old tapes from the late 90's and as luck has it, I have two tapes marked Homelands 2000 Parts 1 & 2. Sadly, I didn't put the full date on my tapes but I'm guessing they're the same ones. My tapes span 3 hours in total and include the full Leftfield set. Something to get excited about perhaps? :) I'll put a link to it under here in a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, as promised here's my update to the above download. My recording starts at 01:04:43 into the original recording available here, but also includes the full Leftfield set for those interested. I'm sure like me, many of you will appreciate the extended version. :D

2000-05-27 - Judge Jules, Live from Homelands, Winchester

Leftfield Set - Track listing:

1. Dub Gussett (8:06)
2. El Cid (5:14)
3. Chant of a Poor Man (11:34)
4. Black Flute (9:46)
5. Storm 3000 (7:21)
6. Inspection (Check One) (11:25)
7. Afrika Shox (9:13)
8. Double Flash (6:22)
9. Song of Life (3:25)
10. Phat Planet (11:47)