Jules in for Tongy 31.10.08

Chrissie Brown

I listen to Tongys show on Fri nights which l find quite enjoyable but when l went to his Closing Party @ Eden on 26/9/08 l was really disappointed as the music he played was so boring. :sleeping: I kept hoping his set would get better but it just didn't happen (well not for me) and l left around 7.15am. He only played a few tunes l recognized and they weren't anything to get excited about, much preffered Groove Armada's set which was full of energy and got everyone jumping about!

Edited by Chrissie Brown

Would you rather Annie Mac cover for tong? she has done a few times,she could play tune for tune what tong does normally actually

I havent listened t tong the whole show proper for two years easily, the firts half hour to hour is the same oldf uture commercial bigggies and what not and after the now inessential stagnant roper it all goes downhill he plays stuff I dont favour and has done for the past 2-3 years

Jules breathes some life into the show when he covers, playing stuff Tong would never these days so thats why Is ome times listen when Jules covers although Imostly be listening to TATW on a friday

According to the Archives, Dangerous covered for Jules on 4/8/07 which came live from Zante and aweek later Tong actually returned the compliment and covered for Jules from Ibiza.

WOW I'm sorry that I missed that Zante show bet it was fab!

I like TONG he's like roast dinners and frosty winter mornings.

I used to listen to TONG when I was getting ready to go clubbing on a weekly basis, like 14 yrs ago or something.

He fits that bill just right I reckon.

I used to like it when Fergie stood in for Jules. I recall they wern't bad shows...

Good question back up there Steve...

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say it's because Friday night slots must be live, thus a stand in is required and also Jules does an ace job (as mentioned above). That does kinda sound weird when he used to pre record on Sat esp with Web chart winner and all that :s

Ah well - just a thought...

Good point Aza. I hadn't thought of it like that. I always thought Jules' recorded shows weren't perhaps the same quality as regular shows, with hardly any new tracks in them. Hats off to Jules for making the effort to not miss a show, but maybe they would be better with a live show and an alternative presenter. Probably irrelevant now as I guess most of his shows are recorded...if not all.

Good point Aza. I hadn't thought of it like that. I always thought Jules' recorded shows weren't perhaps the same quality as regular shows, with hardly any new tracks in them. Hats off to Jules for making the effort to not miss a show, but maybe they would be better with a live show and an alternative presenter. Probably irrelevant now as I guess most of his shows are recorded...if not all.

I think they've been live so far, not too sure about the one with Markus was only really listening to the tunes on that one, but certainly the others were.

You can tell in the tone of his voice I think.

LIVE is always always MUCH better.

SIA - 'Buttons' (Jimmy Valance Edit) (Maelstrom)

Chicane Ft Kean - 'Wake Up' (Modena)

Orange Lights - 'Life Is Sttill Beautiful' (Alan Braxe Main Mix) (Black Bird)

Leonid Rudenko - 'Somebody' (Data)

MGMT - 'Kids' (Soulwax Mix)

ATFC - 'Bad Habit' (08 Update) (Defected)

Deadmau5 - 'Ghosts & Stuff' (Mau5trap)

Santogold - 'Say A-Ha' (Tom Neville Mix) (Atlantic)

PNAU - 'Embrace' (Sam Le More)

The Kills - 'Cheap & Cheerful' (Fake Blood Mix)

Freejak - 'Telling Me Someday' (James Herkes Update)

Tiga - 'Mind Dimension' (Wall Of Sound)

Armin Van Buuren On The Phone Mid Flight To New York

The Killers - 'Human' (Armin Van Burren Remix)

Cadu - 'Don't Stop' (Reflex Mix)

Future Phunk - 'Let Me See You Move It' (NWI)

Pryda - 'Rakfunk'

20:00

This Week's Essential New Tune

Herve & Kissy Sell Out - 'Rikkalicious' (Cheap Thrills)

Classic Essential New Tune

Aliens - 'Robot Man (Riton Remix)

Hidden Agenda - 'Lost Feeling (Underlying Dub)' (White Label)

Simon Patterson - 'Different Feeling' (Doorn)

Oceanfire - 'Roadkill Satellite (Dru's Mash-Up Edit)' (White Label)

Montanas & Roland Clark - 'Music Talking (D.OI.N.S & DBN Remix)' (Defected)

Recovery Record

Passion Pit - 'Sleepy Head' (Virgin)

Jeeper - 'Wild Card'

Arnej - 'What's Happening'

MW - 'Big Cause'

Lost Witness - 'Sin Mas'

Rivera Project - 'Zandoonga'

He was in the States last week, so was it broadcast from there?

I don't think so Steve, it was recorded (Jules Show with Markus) I've tried to stay up for the first 15 mins of his 11-1am shows and apart from that week his shows have been live as l could see him on the webcam.

Jules will be away for this Fridays show as he will be in Taiwan and in Japan on Sat night so it definately won't be a live show this week.