My New Job

Number2Fan

and done an all day Saturday in Toys r us, selling Wii, Playstation 3, Laptops, iPods, Cameras, electric guitars and keyboards, Xboxes etc etc.

I sold many, and also got paid for playing Guitar hero on the PS3 and Mario Karts on the Wii most of the day. What a cool job. Bloody hard work but I'm gonna thrash everyone on Guitar hero Christmas day now. :) It also comes with a drum kit too!!!! :rolleyes::D

Beats Turkey plucking! The job I mean, as it's a Christmas job..........

Edited by Number 2 fan

I hate to say it, although I dread having to go to work (leaving my children and organizing them before hand is very hard work) But when I'm there I LOVE IT! Mad or what?

I've never enjoyed a job so much, pay isn't great but so what coz I'm not counting each minute til I can go home, wishing the end of the week to come.

This is the kinda job you need,

one you enjoy being at.

Wish I'd thought of it sooner, I only applied there out of a sudden need for urgent income. Desperation!

:rolleyes:

Do you love your job?

Edited by Number 2 fan

Glad to hear you're enjoying it N2F.

Do I enjoy mine? Well, I'm going back tomorrow after a week off, so 'no', I hate it!! Seriously though, it is the best job I've ever had and I do find it interesting, but there's always so much to do at home that work gets in the way. Got to pay the bills somehow.

Do you love your job?

Yes i do. However, paperwork could be cut down a little - less repetition etc. But again, its the people you work with isnt it? We have a bloody laugh at work. Okay, being the (sort of) new guy, i'm still coping all the stick, but i give it back, and we all have a laugh. I just hate working weekend days.

Yeah see what you're saying, I used to get on really well with my boss, and some of my staff, it was very hard work and I was good at it, but I didn't ENJOY EVERY MINUTE like I do now. Maybe it's just that I've been out of work for so long, or maybe it's coz my last job went really downhill just before I left, and actually what WAs enjoyable became a total Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!! Hm maybe, anyway, I'm liking this one, I hope they keep me on after Xmas or I might cry!

Not to keen on Sarah Jessica Parker Mr Krump, she looks a little like a horse to me.

th_front-14.jpg

Edited by Number 2 fan

I'm not ashamed to say that l love my job at Tesco's (on the checkout) as we all have a good laugh at work and most of the customers are really nice too. Time goes by very quickly, and no 2 days are alike. I love talking and people watching , some people have some very strange habits, and you meet people from all walks of life which is very interesting.

I had always worked in offices (Wages and Book-keeping) prior to working at Tesco's and find Tesco's a piece of cake compared with the stress of working in an office. I earnt alot more money doing wages but being happy is more important to me.

Not to keen on Sarah Jessica Parker Mr Krump, she looks a little like a horse to me.

th_front-14.jpg

Naaaa its Chloe Sevigny. Yes there is "That" video floating around, but she is absoutely flawless. I mean, Chloe Sevigny is beautiful (i very seldom use that word!). She's also a little odd which makes her even more sublime, and thats what i like. That said, i've always had a different taste in women to my mates (though they would say weird). I've just never been one for the "Wag sort".

*sighs* Chloe%20Sevigny%20Non%20Nude%203.jpg:wub:

Edited by MrKrump

Glad to hear you're enjoying it N2F.

Do I enjoy mine? Well, I'm going back tomorrow after a week off, so 'no', I hate it!! Seriously though, it is the best job I've ever had and I do find it interesting, but there's always so much to do at home that work gets in the way. Got to pay the bills somehow.

I wasn't too fussed about returning to work this week - I had a week off prob same time as you, Steve mate. Had it off for my birthday and needed like 2/3days to recover - definately struggling to deal with hangovers as time goes by!

I guess I see it equally in that, you have to work, you may as well try and enjoy it. My dad and I often discuss about career prospects etc and people who give all this fluff talk - fundamentally, we work to get paid!

Aza has a point. Although we have a laugh (which i suppose is the "Try" to enjoy it bit), i'm a bit younger than everyone on my shift and i really, other than work have nothing much in common with them. I wouldnt class them as friends outside of work due to this. The only exception are 2 lads who i knew before joining who are still good mates and we regularly hit the pubs together.

Its odd though work, isnt it. Think about it, you spend 10 hours a day with people who initially you dont know - you're sort of just thrown in with them. Yet, you spend more time with them than anyone else, and in my job, sometimes have to put your own safety in their hands.

Yeah mate - you're right there and you've touched on a philosphical point that resonated with me from The Office: Christmas Special: Part 2 (2003).

Martin Freeman - who plays Tim Canterbury says:

"The people you work with are people you were just throw together with. You know, you don't know them, it wasn't your choice, and yet you spend more time with them then you do your friends or your family. But probably all you've got in common is the fact that you walk around on the same bit of carpet for 8 hours a day."

This is also a great page: click here :)

Edited by Aza