Driving Tests

simonross46

Well I have only gone away and passed my driving test first time! :D

I'm very pleased, and the fact that my examiner was a d!ck makes me that little bit more proud of myself. Deep down I was scared, and I knew I could have done some things better, but I got away with only 9 minor faults out of a possible 15 allowed :)

I assume most people here can drive, and there must be some good stories to share?

Congratulations Simon! Welcome to the Passed-First-Time-Club ;) Although I was very lucky as I mounted a kerb on a left turn. However, after that I assumed I'd failed and settled into it and he passed me. I was soo pleased as I'd had more than enough lessons as my instructor insisted on theory lessons rather than letting me practice DRIVING.

Well done Simon, great job mate! B)

I also passed first time 4 years ago & was well pleased at the time as you can imagine. An ambulance raced up behind me on my test & I pulled over safely to let it past which I think earned me big points with the examiner.

Little did I know then that a lot of my cash would soon start to disappear due to driving :lol::P

The examiners are often a bit bizarre. I took my test many moons ago and failed only once - for reversing into a bollard which I couldn't see.

Would this one be a fail?

car-crash-in-tree-1.jpg

Edited by Quadrant

HEY COOL!!! WELL DONE!!

I passed first time too way back when I was 17, ah those were the days.

Just behave now that's all I can say. X

and congratulations!!! ;)

BTW above , that's alot of damage for such a small tree! lol (behave!)

Edited by Number 2 fan

Passed first time too. I love my driving, but I distinctly remember 2 things about my test.

One was that one of my minors was for "not preventing your indicator from cancelling itself when changing lane". :huh:

I mean, really.

The second vivid memory I have was the obscenely obese, "know-all" examiner who, rather amusingly, was immensely proud of his fluorescent yellow bib - not entirely necessary given the glorious summer day - but I kept my mouth shut throughout and jumped through all the hoops to make sure I passed. A good day.

Well done Mr Ross!

In my last few lessons I used to play games with other road users at night. Leaving the city of Lincoln it is a 30 limit, and I stayed at 30 until the national limit applied, but if someone tried to overtake beforehand I dropped a gear and put my foot down - I only did all this because they don't expect it from a 'learner' :lol: Now those days are behind me

Congrats! I'll never forget my driving test because the examiner didn't know the area (test was in Kidderminster if anyone knows it) & ended up directing me into a hospital carpark by mistake. Finished with about 10 minors if I remember right. Is it true that the theory test has gone up to 50 questions now?

Well done Simon.

I passed second time. First test I was going fine until just before I got back to the test centre! Was waiting in a right hand filter lane with separate lights to those going straight on. The cars in front started to go so I followed, glanced up saw a green light and went to go. Bad move. My lights had changed really quickly and I saw the wrong light. Nightmare. I was 1 minute away from the centre with only TWO minors!

Grrr! So took it again and passed with 5 minors. Can't believe I've been driving 5 years now, time flies!

I passed third time.

First time, I drove perfectly - only had two minor faults, yet apparently, as I came off a slip road onto a main road, I pulled out in front on a white van. There definately wasn't a white van, and surely if I pulled out in front of it, it would have hit me.

2nd time I drove like Michael Schumacher - I knew I couldn't drive as well as I did first time round, so didn't really put much effort in - and failed.

3rd time round, the instructor (the same one as I had first time round), kept chatting to me and putting me off. I stalled the car three times after leaving it in the wrong gear at traffic lights, was forced into an emergency stop because someone ran out in front of me, and had a short session of my test cancelled because a section of road on the test route was closed, and the examiner didn't know, so we were diverted to a section off the test route. I didn't drive particularly well at all - yet I passed. Very odd.

I'm convinced that they have to fail so many people. If everyone passed first time, the examiners would be out of a job because there wouldn't be anough people paying to have tests.